Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why are some if u satisfied with a 7-5 season

2,033 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bonfire96
Post removed:
by user
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
your mom
SigAg6
AG
We won't get 7 wins
Dr. Teeth
AG
Who are you talking about?

Who's happy right now?
ATX__Aggie
Quality wins are overrated. Moral victories are where it's at.
mrnegative
I'm not happy, but I don't think we should go on a firing rampage and bench everyone
No Spin Ag
quote:
Quality wins are overrated. Moral victories are where it's at.

To being the first runner-up.
AG
quote:
We won't get 7 wins

I'll bet you a nickel that we do. Hell, Vegas still has us as a PK against LSU. The mizzou line shouldn't be much different. We should win 1 of LSU/Mizzou. And we will beat ULM.
farmer2010
AG
The current #1 ranked team in the nation went 6-6 with a 3-5 conference record last season. There's still a lot of football to play, and I'm interested to see how this team responds to adversity. This stretch could be what separates the future leaders of our team from the divas.
agfan92
AG
Trying to find all those posts that say "I'd be satisfied with a 7-5" record . . . .

I'd prefer it over losing out, yes. I'd prefer it over 6-6, yes. That really doesn't equal "satisfied."

I hate when this type of thread comes up . . . again and again and again.
Personal Best
AG
Why are we still talking about this year? I thought we've reached the "next year" part of our season already
Tressels Vest
AG
This was going to be a rebuilding year but many of your ****tards overdosed on maroon koolaid. Too many people and staff with overreaching expectations pumping sunshine
67walkon
59-0..... They quit. Coaches and players alike. A Dan Mullin team has never quit. Even when Johnny was tearing the a new one. I'll give coach Sumlin the benefit of the doubt. But base on what I saw saturday. There is no hope for this season. 7-5 at best and a bowl game not worth going to. Clueless about the future. I hope they make me eat these words. We will see.
AggieLit
7-5 is acceptable. Hell, 5-7 would be acceptable. 59-0 is not acceptable. It will be remembered long after the season record is forgotten, and will overshadow our program for years.
Squadron7
AG
Shorter OP: "Look at how much more I care than you."
Ben Diamond
I'm not, a coach making 5 million should never have a year like this.
ag-13
AG
quote:
7-5 is acceptable. Hell, 5-7 would be acceptable. 59-0 is not acceptable. It will be remembered long after the season record is forgotten, and will overshadow our program for years.
Dreading this part.
gomerschlep
AG
At this point, another SEC win would make me pretty happy.
EliteZags
AG
Best 5 loss team in the country??
Squadron7
AG
quote:
It will be remembered long after the season record is forgotten, and will overshadow our program for years.

I don't think blowout losses cause Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

In most people.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
I'm not happy, but I don't think we should go on a firing rampage and bench everyone
APHIS AG
quote:
The current #1 ranked team in the nation went 6-6 with a 3-5 conference record last season.

I wish people would stop comparing us with what other teams do or did. It is like comparing apples to oranges or a shrew to a orangutan.

What MSU did last year to this year is remarkable but how many times has MSU gone 3-5- in conference, only to see their record get worse the next year.

Now, what is happening to us has been problematic, reoccurring time and time again with regression instead of progression.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
It is like comparing apples to oranges or a shrew to a orangutan.

For one, you can't tame an orangutan.
Bonfire96
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.