Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Give the coach, his staff, and the team a break

1,780 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by aggiespiritDAD
Billy Liuccis Facial Hair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one likes our results, but this isn't a fix overnight. Coach Sumlin is a winner and has been a winner everywhere he's coached. Did we get a bit lucky with JFF, yes, but coach and the staff had something to do with that as well. JFF success and the teams success so early in the SEC, was fun, but wasn't realistic that we'd keep this pace up. It was the "instant gratification" syndrome that we all have now and we should expect a winning program, but a program like ours, who were sh*t, for so many years, takes time to build and grow. Couple that with us moving to the toughest conference in the nation, it makes it even harder.

Let's give the coach, his staff, and the team a break.
mrnegative
THIS! The zoo is delirious AF recebtly because we lost to better teams.
Eric Forman
AG
and a contract extension while we're at it
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Inb4 Crandall
agforlife97
AG
I agree. When Sumlin came in, most of us thought he'd need 5 years before we could do much better than 7-5. Now we appear to be a 7-5 team, but I think this will likely end up being a low point (even though I think some staff changes are clearly necessary).
Fsanmig
hear ya..but this is year 3 and we're going from 11-1 to 8-4 and possibly staring down a 7-5 or 6-6 season. i think people are frustrated because we're seeing this team regress not progress.
ag92tx
Keep thinking getting blanked 59-0 is because they were a better team. Keep ignoring the lack of effort and ****ty play calling.
AG
I hear you guys, valid points, but I think JFF, skewed our results early in the SEC. Let's give him a chance to fix things.
SJAG75
They do have a break. One week to get the crap straightened out. If we're going to be a "big time, elite" program, we do not put up with mediocrity or suffer fools that extend patience. We want teams worthy of the heavy investment in the program, including the pricey seats everyone if paying for now.
Flashdiaz
AG
this wasn't a simple loss... it's an embarrassment. Embarrassment in coaching, an embarrassment in playing.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I would love to be able to think this way, but throwing Kyle Allen in with 4 minutes to go and down by 59 to create a spark is just stupid and reeks of clueless desperation. The decisions that this staff has made the last 3 weeks have led me to believe that they're totally our of touch with where the team is and where it's going. There's no reason it should take such a desperate situation to change the game plan.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
Keep thinking getting blanked 59-0 is because they were a better team. Keep ignoring the lack of effort and ****ty play calling.

This. If the team was competing and still in the game in the 3rd quarter at least, I don't think as many folks would be so pissed.
JPK89
AG
Eff you OP.

JFF success has NOTHING do with where we are now.

mrnegative
quote:

keep ignoring the fact that they are the number 4 team in the nation
DCC99
AG
0-59

hth
Midnight Rider
AG
quote:
and a contract extension while we're at it
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
Eff you OP.

JFF success has NOTHING do with where we are now.

No. It just has to do with the Zoo's unrealistic expectations.

Without JFF how many games would we have expected to win in the first 2 years? 5 wins would have been good in year 1! 7 in year two would have been considered a HUGE improvement.
Slicer97
AG
quote:
quote:

Keep ignoring the fact that Florida Atlantic and Southern Miss played a more competitive game against them than we did. There are absolutely no excuses for what happened Saturday. None.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

keep making excuses for a 59 point drumming. This #4 team in the nation beat Florida Atlantic 0-41 and the Southern Miss Golden Eagles 12-52.... ours is the worst defensively and offensively.

but whatever, #4 team in the nation.
Eric Forman
AG
quote:
quote:

That #4 team in the nation was tested by Arkansas... the same Arkansas team that A&M played and beat a few weeks ago. Arkansas competed... A&M didn't.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Good to see some expect to be like Arkansas in SEC
mrnegative
I didn't mean to sound like a sunshine pumper. I'm pissed and depressed from the loss. But you have to combine effort, coaching, and the fact that we were a worse team, not just one or two of the three
AG
we would have won about 5 or 6 games, each year, without Johnny Football. We were awful, just awful as football program for so many years, this isn't an overnight fix. We were behind the sips, blow u, tech, baylor, and tcu........don't forget where we were.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
THIS! The zoo is delirious AF recently because we lost to better teams.

No, people are mad because we got blown out 3 games in a row, the last one being a 59-0 beat down.
wesag
AG
quote:
we would have won about 5 or 6 games, each year, without Johnny Football. We were awful, just awful as football program for so many years, this isn't an overnight fix. We were behind the sips, blow u, tech, baylor, and tcu........don't forget where we were.
We had a very good year in 2010. And we were a few plays here and there from being something like 10-3 in 2011. Our offense was darned good in 2011. So don't say we weren't having good years. That would be fallacious.
tamc12
AG
Anybody that defends the debacle this team has become is blind, deaf and dumb to the truth. And how Sumlin has treated Kyle Allen is inexcusable. Put him in with a few minutes left in the game, and in a position of having to start from the end zone. What a complete a** of a coach. And such a stupid comment at the press conference to say we put Kyle in to see if would could get a spark. We didn't have anything going. With like 4 minutes left in the game!!!!! That was his response to the question about playing Kyle. It is as if he wants to run Kyle off, and he is afraid Kyle will show up Kenny.

I have suspected for some time now that something is going on with the team, by comments that Sumlin has been making at pressers. Keeps bringing up how the team gets along, when no reporter has even approached the subject. It is like he is trying to convince everyone, red flag.
ATX_AG_08
AG
59-0 is inexcusable
aggiespiritDAD
They did not give my eyes a break on Saturday watching that debacle.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.