Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This is an 8-4 team...

3,756 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MassAggie97
frogpelt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is no reason to think the Aggies would improve drastically after losing Johnny.

South Carolina wasn't near as good as people thought and that early win created unrealistic expectations.
Aggielandma12
AG
We get 6 or 7 wins, no way 8.
TAMU74
AG
7-5 Tops
6-6 Very realistic
Bunny Ag
7-5 at best... Auburn and LSU will smoke us
S.A. Aggie
AG
6 - 6 if we are lucky.
frogpelt
7-5 is probable, with a win over ULM and either LSU or Missouri. But my point is that no one should have expected better than 8-4 from this team.

mrnegative
quote:

You don't think 8-5 is possible?
mrnegative
quote:
7-5 is probable, with a win over ULM and either LSU or Missouri. But my point is that no one should have expected better than 8-4 from this team.

Exactly. The zoo was over psyched and lied to after the sc game. Besides blowout shutout, this is what any sane person would expect this team to be.
Teslag
AG
quote:
6 - 6 if we are lucky.

So unbelievably retarded. We won't need to be lucky to beat ULM.
Aggielandma12
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't think 8-5 is possible?
anything is possible, but not probable. Not trying to be Mr. Negative, just realistic.
FrontPorchAg
We have a 9-3 roster. The rest is in the details.
SJAG75
Talent means nothing if you ain't got leadership in the huddle.
mrnegative
quote:
in the huddle.
lol
Artorias
AG
For those saying 8-4...

Do you really think we beat LSU this year? Did you not watch the Kentucky game?

At this point, beating Mizzou is a stretch, much less LSU.

6-6 is pretty much guaranteed.
7-5 is possible.
8-4 is HIGHLY unlikely.
PascalsWager
AG
Never forget that 4 of the wins are "free". Normally it would only be 3.
mrnegative
quote:
For those saying 8-4...

Do you really think we beat LSU this year? Did you not watch the Kentucky game?

At this point, beating Mizzou is a stretch, much less LSU.

6-6 is pretty much guaranteed.
7-5 is possible.
8-4 is HIGHLY unlikely.

It's less us getting to 8-4 then us being an 8-4 team. If we go 7-5 and win the bowl game, we only slightly underachieved. We aren't a 10-2/11-1 team we shouldn't be incredibly disappointed at our w-l this year
Ben Diamond
Than how to you explain 7/5 at best?
TSUAggie
Even with 8-4, the way they played the last few weeks is very alarming. This team is headed the wrong direction at this point. No excuse for the complete disaster against Bama.
mrnegative
quote:
Than how to you explain 7/5 at best?

I don't know exactly what you mean. I think 8-4 is still reasonably plausible and that would be a successful rebuilding year imo. 7-5 with a bowl win would be an average rebuilding year
mrnegative
quote:
Even with 8-4, the way they played the last few weeks is very alarming. This team is headed the wrong direction at this point. No excuse for the complete disaster against Bama.

If we finish 8-4 that means we got stronger when faced with adversity and finished the season 3-1
SJAG75
Wow. This team could go down as "The Great Pretender" if they don't turn it around fast.
MassAggie97
AG
Gary Pinkel's Mizzou squads have beaten us on a regular basis (4 out of the last 5). Why does everyone seem to chalk that a "W"???

My gut feeling says there's no way we don't end up 6-6. The kind of beating we took the last 3 consecutive weeks would absolutely demoralize any team.
Spectac
Would've been totally happy with 6-6 had we been semi competitive in the first half of every game. 1 blow out where everything goes wrong and the wheels fall out is acceptable. But 3 straight embarrassments, 1 of which was on our home field with a record crowd is simply NOT acceptable.
Frankie T
I don't usually bet on Aggie games, but I'd be willing to take the over on 6.5 wins. You interested?
Dr. Teeth
AG
quote:
quote:
We won't need to be lucky to beat ULM.

The team that I watched on Saturday wouldn't beat ULM.
AgBeliever
AG
8-4 sounds pretty damn good now.

Not sure we'll get there though.
No Spin Ag
quote:

This is the problem with 7-5. Yes it's better than a losing season but is it really a winning season? All 7 "wins" will have been against has-beens or never-will-be teams.

7-5 is nothing to be happy about. If anything all it says is that we're no better off than we were before we moved to the SEC except that we're mediocre in a different conference.
Agnzona
The op is right but misses the point. our recoded doesn't really matter, progress and adjustments do. If we are record wise , 7-5 but showing improvement by players and coaches that is one thing. but now we face that showing regression by players and amazing stubbornness by the coaches, were do we go from there? That is why everyone is justifiably in meltdown mode.
JayAggie
AG
Sorry, I have given up on 8-4. it sucks that this isn't the NFL and there is no advantage to tanking the rest of the year, but reality is the issues seem to be much deeper than X's and O's from the outside. The bye week has come at a perfect time. 7-5 + a bowl win is max potential for this team.
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
Gary Pinkel's Mizzou squads have beaten us on a regular basis (4 out of the last 5). Why does everyone seem to chalk that a "W"???

My gut feeling says there's no way we don't end up 6-6. The kind of beating we took the last 3 consecutive weeks would absolutely demoralize any team.

We're not playing the last 4-5 Pinkel teams. We're playing the one that lost to Indiana and got blown out at home 34-0 against Georgia.

You people are so over the top. We hit a severe road block. We're playing very poorly right now. But the bedwetting on this board is an embarrassment.
MassAggie97
AG
So it is bedwetting to think we won't beat Mizzou or LSU this year? We are 1-6 against those teams since 2010.

I stated my opinion. No bedwetting. Tone it down chief.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.