Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Demote Snyder?

2,045 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Aero95
CGSC Lobotomy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In 2013, Sumlin demoted Clarence McKinney and promoted Spavital to full time OC.

Could we demote Snyder to linebackers coach, promote Price to DC, and fire Hagan?
Flashdiaz
AG
didn't really do much to have Spav in there... 0 points against Alabama.
tamuwx
AG
Sure seems like its coaching across the board, not sure promoting someone is going to help.
S.A. Aggie
AG
59-0 hmmmm, I believe that says both sides of the ball suck. Not just D. Sumlin owns this. Too much rap at practice, off field swag and trying to be a friend of the players is not the way to establish a team.

Both have to go.
mrnegative
lol at people who want Sumlin gone.

No, the two choices with Snyder are to keep him or fire him.
lil_frog8
AG
Sumlin is going to bring back Mike Hankwitz and put the gang back together!!
Aero95
AG
Demoting Babers and promoting Sumlin to OC in 2002 gave the team a major boost... unfortunately too little too late for RC.

At this point it couldn't hurt. Something has to change.
JaySugar
RC promoted Summy in '02.
Aero95
AG
quote:
RC promoted Summy in '02.
Oops! Fixed now. My angry old mind messed up the date. I think I had the 2003 77-0 embarrassment in the front of my brain.
agfan92
AG
The buck obviously stops with Snyder, but the coaching problems appear wider and deeper.

It's not like one facet of defense seems to be improving dramatically while the others regress. Which defensive coach has shown he deserves the job over Snyder?
Aero95
AG
Everyone quit on Saturday. I'm amazed why after 8 games we still cannot execute a conventional tackle. The most fundamental requirement for a defensive player, and none of our guys do it consistently. I watched much of the KSU game Saturday, and they never missed a tackle. And I bet all of their defensive recruiting rankings were way below our guys, so it must be scheme and coaching, right?
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
It's not like one facet of defense seems to be improving dramatically while the others regress.

Actually, that's EXACTLY what it is.

Defensive line in 2013 (entire season) - 244 tackles (24.4%), 25 TFL (37.3%), 11.5 sacks (54.8%)

Defensive line in 2014 (thusfar) - 183 tackles (30.1%), 27.5 TFL (62.5%), 18 sacks (81.2%)

Even if you take out Myles Garrett's numbers (36, 9, 7.5) the defensive line has accounted for:

24.7% of our total tackles
42% of our TFL
47.7% of our sacks
CGSC Lobotomy
Linebackers, on the other hand:

2013 season: 328 tackles (32.8%), 29 TFL (43.2%), 7 sacks (33.3%), 2 fumble recoveries

2014 season: 155 tackles (26.0%), 8.5 TFL (19.3%), 4 sacks (18.1%), 1 fumble recovery

3 of those sacks and 3 of those TFL came from Shaan Washington and A.J. Hilliard.
EKUAg
AG
quote:
In 2013, Sumlin demoted Clarence McKinney and promoted Spavital to full time OC.

Could we demote Snyder to linebackers coach, promote Price to DC, and fire Hagan?

He did it after the season and before the bowl game. Didn't happen during the season.

You cannot fire someone mid-season without a chance to hire someone. Who's available to hire during the middle of the season?
CGSC Lobotomy
Defensive Backs are our #1 (CB), #2 (SS), #4 (FS), #6 (Nickel), and #10 (CB) leading tacklers. Linebackers are almost nonexistent.
Aero95
AG
quote:
Defensive Backs are our #1 (CB), #2 (SS), #4 (FS), #6 (Nickel), and #10 (CB) leading tacklers. Linebackers are almost nonexistent.
LB's definitely exist... just look for the guys waving their arms as a ball carrier runs by.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.