Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No more rap music at practice and no more haircuts!

5,936 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by texAZtea
Sean_Jones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We will start winning games when we get rid of these luxuries and these kids start focusing on football!
Flashdiaz
AG
it's not going to fix the 'not caring' attitude...

Fsanmig
But thats probably how we're getting the recruits .... hip hop, barbershop , swag. if w get rid of those, then what??
CrazyAgE
Umm, ok. Because those are the two things that are causing this....gotcha. Man, I have been racking my brain for 3 weeks now and thinking the same thing while sitting in Bryant-Denny on Sat. Now I know!
TexasAggiesWin
S
You think it's the barbershop's fault?

AgBeliever
fishinaggiegirl
AG
WE have heard it all now
Sean_Jones
They probably can't even hear what the coaches are saying during practice with that rap music so loud.
BeveledAg
And when everyone has long hair everyone will complain that we look like a bunch of dagum hippies
CrazyAgE
Damn it ESPN, how have you not made this a front page headline?!?

"Barbershop causes Aggies to get rolled by Tide in T-town"
TXAggieHOU
AG
Look if we are gonna get rolled at least our hair can look good in the process

seriously tho, these players dont deserve the facilities A&M has given them with the crap they have put on the field this year
ADS12
you went from 0/100 really quick
FishPondFisherman
quote:
But thats probably how we're getting the recruits .... hip hop, barbershop , swag. if w get rid of those, then what??

perhaps end up with some players that care about winning football instead of winning the swag.......while not realizing there is nothing swag about losing
texAZtea
AG
I know I'm in the minority here, but I would rather field a team of hard working, rough tough real stuff 3 star talent that will fight the entire game even if they're getting stomped than a bunch of soft, unmotivated divas, even if every one of them is a 5 star recruit that can out run/hit/block every other player in the country.

I'm also not a football coach, so I will not make any uneducated suggestions on how to field such a team. But I would like to see the coaches and maybe admin work toward this end, even if it means grounding the swagger copter for a while.
CrazyAgE
quote:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I would rather field a team of hard working, rough tough real stuff 3 star talent that will fight the entire game even if they're getting stomped than a bunch of soft, unmotivated divas, even if every one of them is a 5 star recruit that can out run/hit/block every other player in the country.

I agree with this 100%! But then I also ask, do we have a coach or staff that is like Bill Snyder, who does this year in and year out? Is Sumlin or his assts the right coaches to turn 3* recruits into 60 min hard working, a$$ kickers on the field? I have no idea. Although part of that comes from the hunger of those individuals to step up on their own and show that they are better than the 4* and 5* that were in front of them.
aeon-ag
After a loss such as this and with the attitude problem this team has, it would take drastic measures to turn it around, drastic measures I don't think Sumlin is willing to take. This gaggle of players is finished as well as Sumlin. There is no discipline and there is no respect for the buddy, buddy coaches, this is obvious! A coach cannot be the good ol' boy with players. I've watched video of Sabans practice sessions, he is demanding and rough to players who do not perform.
It will take a mean SOB of a coach to right this ship, instead of a drinkin gbuddy of a Regent such as Sumlin.
Sid Farkas
AG
Thank god you drama queens' opinions aren't worth the bits they represent
wasabi1787
AG
(Img) old man yells at cloud (/img)
Agabond
AG
I honestly can't blame the players. They brought their raw talent to this school over countless others that fought hard for them. Reward them with a few luxuries, I don't care.

The fact is, they are still kids, and kids need discipline and coaching. This embarrassing state of affairs is 100% on the coaching.

I actually feel sorry for the players being in this situation when they may have thrived elsewhere.
KatyAg01
AG
Karl Malone say rap rhymes with crap.
oldjohnny
Yeah, get rid of the food, weight rooms, and helmets.

Fuuk it, while we are at it let's get rid of the air inside the football too!

/oldmanyellsatcloud
oldjohnny
quote:

**** your loser mentality.

I'd rather just flat out win.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
It will take a mean SOB of a coach to right this ship

I concur with this.
texAZtea
AG
quote:
quote:

**** your loser mentality.

I'd rather just flat out win.
yeah, **** me. Why didn't I realize that winning would be the most obvious solution to this losing problem we seem to have.

There is a difference between winning football games and developing the kind of players that will go on to win at life, like the ones I'm talking about. Winning with quality men>>>> baby sitting and spoiling quality athletes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.