Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

4 receivers bunched up on one side

6,259 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by RockInspector
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did we see any success with that formation? Seems like that would just cause a lot of traffic in the area.

Especially on the short side of the field.
Sean_Jones
Did we see any success with any formation?
Eric Forman
AG
The diamond formation wasn't successful... but I have a feeling the Marco Polo formation will be hugely successful.

The Marco Polo formation is this: Speedy climbs up on top of RSJ and sits on his shoulders... then RSJ runs down field and the ball is thrown to Speedy. Their combined height will make it impossible to defend. Its the next big thing. Book it.
Sean_Jones
You can't run very fast with someone on your shoulders and I think that would be a penalty anyway. Terrible idea.
Eric Forman
AG
Terrible idea... or GREAT idea?
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
quote:
Did we see any success with any formation?
blsag
Great idea. Can't have any less success with that Marco Polo formation
yeahtoast
AG
WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE OOP-DE-OOP?

Charlie02
AG
It was meant to confuse man-to-man coverage and provide variations of crossing, down field and flood routes...
SQXVI
AG
the bronco's ran it last night with success several times, it actually does require WR blocking, so it's a total failure in our scheme
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:
the bronco's ran it last night with success several times, it actually does require WR blocking, so it's a total failure in our scheme

This. I think Notre Dame used the same formation as well with success (was one of the other games on Saturday). But, as stated above, it requires blocking by the WR's. That doesn't happen with our team which is why that pass completion is a tackle for loss most of the time for us. I do not know if I have seen us run that formation with any type of success, but Spav seems to want to run it constantly.
wood2007
All it did was cause a cluster**** for us. EVERY time.
SQXVI
AG
we did have three receivers absolutely maul one hapless defensive back on one occasion though.....the only problem was that left two defensive backs to tackle our receiver behind the line.
Science Denier
AG
The three WR's that are required to block have to know who to block. If they all block the same ****ing guy, then you get the cluster**** you saw on Saturday.
Science Denier
AG
****, you beat me to it.
WellMarchBehindtheBand
It would work better if it always wasn't a reciever screen pass
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
First time it was used the QB ran to the other side ! No blockers there either .
Just Tired
it's a statistical thing...the theory is to just chunk up in there amongst them and see if one of can catch it.
Charlie02
AG
How do you apply the probability that each player first could catch a ball to the probability of catching based on the proximity to the ball? Plus you would need to factor in how many defensive player's were in proximity... I think the most important thing is deciding whether Kenny could throw the ball to them in a proximity that is probable vs. behind him. Of course there is the whole QB "drops the ball for no reason" outlier...
MrMiyAggie
AG
spent all week installing this worthless formation. why don't we just stick to the offense we ran against SC. Tempo tempo tempo. speed speed speed.
AgBeliever
AG
quote:
spent all week installing this worthless formation. why don't we just stick to the offense we ran against SC. Tempo tempo tempo. speed speed speed.

Jackie pointed out the problem with our lack of tempo in his last article.

And get rid of that retarded formation. It's obvious we can not execute it when we have 3 WRs blocking the same DB.
agnuke14
quote:
we did have three receivers absolutely maul one hapless defensive back on one occasion though.....the only problem was that left two defensive backs to tackle our receiver behind the line.
Ha from they way I saw it, their one DB blocked 3 of our WRs to let his buddies tackle our guy behind the LOS.

All you can do is laugh at our guys, it was a clown-show.
AgBeliever
AG
It was a clown show.

Which is why the deja vu comments to the Fran days are totally valid.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I really enjoyed when we ran a screen out of the formation and then immediately faked the screen out of that formation the next play. That was some next level brilliance right there.
Ulrich
Diamond short side = option short side
MAROON
AG
Diamond formation should be renamed the Circle Jerk formation
Outlaw0206
AG
That formation was a joke.. it was even more of a joke that we ran it back to back plays.
Play 1: Screen pass for 1 yard
Next Play: Fake the screen and get sacked with no one open

Hey dumbass Spav, you aren't fooling anyone with the screen play fake that just went for a yard
Ulrich
Hey, that play was an utter failure the first two times they ran. I bet they'll immediately run it again! Oops.
1876er
AG
quote:
The diamond formation wasn't successful... but I have a feeling the Marco Polo formation will be hugely successful.

The Marco Polo formation is this: Speedy climbs up on top of RSJ and sits on his shoulders... then RSJ runs down field and the ball is thrown to Speedy. Their combined height will make it impossible to defend. Its the next big thing. Book it.
Great idea. What if we tried RSJ on speedy's shoulders to really throw off the D. Sorta like this

FrontPorchAg
quote:
Diamond short side = option short side
Denver Broncos ran it four times last night. All with success. Our problem is more execution.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
That formation was a joke.. it was even more of a joke that we ran it back to back plays.

Hey dumbass Spav, you aren't fooling anyone with the screen play fake that just went for a yard

I could be wrong, but I think Play #1 lost 3-4 yards.
RockInspector
quote:
quote:

I could be wrong, but I think Play #1 lost 3-4 yards.
You're not wrong, I believe it lost at least three yards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.