Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How are we feeling about that big stadium?

7,070 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by miller0926
Bankeraggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will we fill it going 7-5 with routine beat downs? I get that seeing Auburn and Alabama are more attractive national opponents than old Big 12 opponents.

However, are people really going to pay big money to watch us get drilled week in and week out?

I bet there are some deeply concerned leaders right now.
Snake
AG
I feel great. Stadium is awesome.
Fabius
AG
If not, we'll lower ticket prices and make less money than expected. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a good long term decision.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
quote:
I feel great. Stadium is awesome.
Just eating sunshine and farting rainbows.

It's all great.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Greatest move in business history? TMF announcing stadium expansion at height of Manziel mania. They get paid. KDS gets paid. Fans get hoodwinked.
Teslag
AG
Stadium built for tomorrow not today
agchugger
AG
The good news is I will be moving back down to my old seats sooner than later.
TyHolden
AG
Stadium proves we won't stand for beat downs anymore. If not fixed, we'll go get top guy to lead. Money is not a problem.
coupland boy
AG
^good point
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Stadium proves we won't stand for beat downs anymore.

How'd that work out last week?
fireinthehole
Sumlin will fix this. His main job is to hold the recruiting class. I think he will.
CrazyAgE
We always laugh about the tarp at Baylor, but we may have to get fitted for one now ourselves.
Meximan
I am in favor of big asses.

FriscoKid
AG
quote:
We always laugh about the tarp at Baylor, but we may have to get fitted for one now ourselves.

Get your ag tag and then we will talk.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:

I think he's been around enough that he's probably an Ag. The old Ag tag thing is an appropriate point during times like this when opposing fans come over here and talk about 'we' and 'us'. An Ag tag certainly helps.
Ramp5
AG
quote:
Stadium proves we won't stand for beat downs anymore. If not fixed, we'll go get top guy to lead. Money is not a problem.

Might be on to something here...
victory
AG
quote:
If not, we'll lower ticket prices

Never happen. A&M powers have made it very clear they would rather have empty seats than lower ticket prices.
Going to be very bad for Monroe.
Deadwood
AG
Staff removed my Ag tag due to their own poor record keeping and now ignores requests to restore it, so not having an Ag tag doesn't mean you aren't an Ag. Oh and I won't be paying for this site until its restored so good job losing revenue.
aggiespiritDAD
10,000 graduate every year. You do not need to worry about selling tickets.
TexasAggie_97
AG
The stadium needed to be expanded and upgraded so I am ok with it. We have more and more alumni being added each year so it will remain at or near capacity for games. Tennessee has sucked for years and they still fill their stadium and it's as big as ours so I would hope the Ags also fill Kyle Field. I know my brother and I have had 4 season tickets, in the Zone, since it opened and have no plans of not continuing to attend each home game.
aggiespiritDAD
I bought 4 tickets so I can transfer 2 to each kid once they graduate. Plus I love going. Selfishly I hope people get mad so I can move up and get better seats or at least lower. We shall see next March when all is forgiven.
oil_fielder
AG
Who says money can not buy ........?
amejiajr
Still looking forward to seeing it in person. Win or Lose they are still my team and I will still support them. I survived the Fran and Sherman years I can survive this.
Sean_Jones
Aggies accept mediocrity. The stadium will continue to be full.
Ag Tag
Why are you calling it an ass stadium?
No Spin Ag
The stadium really should say somewhere on it "The House that Johnny Built", because we alll know the scholol wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount of money from donors had we not had him.
DWren
IMO the atmosphere of Kyle has gone to chit.
And it will be even worse next year when the reseating happens.

Turning over half of Kyle into a corporate social gathering.
Bookmark this thread and come back at end of next season or season after and see if I'm wrong.
Squadron7
AG
quote:
Aggies accept mediocrity.

Um....exactly what is it that you are doing that separates you from those who "accept mediocrity"?

Do you turn the TV off sooner, or something?

Tell us, what is the great hallmark of your unwavering dedication to excellence that so many of us poor souls do not have?
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think he's been around enough that he's probably an Ag. The old Ag tag thing is an appropriate point during times like this when opposing fans come over here and talk about 'we' and 'us'. An Ag tag certainly helps.

To compare our stadium and our fans to anything Baylor is really dumb. Shocking that an aggie would make that comparison.
Sean_Jones
As long as suckers like you keep shelling out cash to watch us go 7-5 there is no reason for this University to try and put a better product on the field. Enjoy it buddy.
SigAg6
AG
quote:
Will we fill it going 7-5

More like 6-6
permabull
AG
Squadron7
AG
quote:
As long as suckers like you keep shelling out cash to watch us go 7-5 there is no reason for this University to try and put a better product on the field. Enjoy it buddy.

And your evidence that the University is putting forth no effort to better the program nor has any interest in doing so is based on what, exactly? The new facilities are too small and not near nice enough? That the program is being starved of resources somehow? That the University does nothing to try and promote the program?

Or that we didn't execute a Coordinator on the 50 yard line after the 'Bama game because you weren't able to swagger into work this morning talking smack?
sail33or
AG
Just continues to show Aggies ignore facts, live in their own world and pretend they are just like the TOP TEAMS by paying Alabama Salaries, Building Bigger Stadiums, Nicknames for all QB's, Talking Swag, buying giant ugly bronze statues, (I could write ten more) but settling to watch and support LOSING Football year after year after year after year.

Please exclude Manziel Years. He was BIGGER than A&M will ever be in Football.

Now remember A&M is a fine University. It just turns out gungho fans without any real Team to support.

And ALWAYS believes the NEXT Coach is THE ONE.

BUT we have a huge Stadium so WE MUST BE GOOD or GONNA be good RIGHT?
Speedbird087
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.