Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

There may not be a correlation, but....

8,980 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by FrontPorchAg
Heismanziel
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ag_derp
AG
oh
OilFieldIRI
S
Good story
ShaggyAggie01
BeveledAg
Not arrogant... full of swag.
ag_derp
AG
quote:
Not arrogant... full of swag.
Artorias
AG
Nouveau Riche
12thGauge
They were very helpful to me as a player, i wouldn't know your side
marble rye
AG
They don't own the place. Just make a huge spectacle and land a helicopter next to football stadiums after the game is underway.
Ag13
AG
I'm gonna take a wild guess here that your son was not offered by A&M
Heismanziel
No and we didn't expect him to get an A&M offer. I said he is a lower level DI prospect. We went to the A&M camp for the experience. My comments have nothing to do with him getting an offer or not. A contrast is Gary Patterson who was very approachable and David Bailiff that went into the stands to shake the hand of every parent at the camp. The response is going to be.. well of course Bailiff did that, it's Rice and he needs to work harder to get good players.
ag92tx
"C'mon just look at his tape...he's a good boy I swear!!"
12thGauge
Just interested, what position does your son play?
ag92tx
FB
Rusty Shakleford
AG
So you're saying you and your son liked it better when the coaches were kind and acted like they wanted you to attend their school? Interesting.
Heismanziel
you can turn this into whatever you want to turn it into. I'm just telling you my experience and the experience of other parents at the A&M camp. AND the experience on our HS football field.
ag92tx
How can you speak for other parents?
impavidus
AG
Supply/demand
Off_The_Wood
AG
Great insight. Thanks OP.

FrontPorchAg
Not trying to discredit, but why did you wait till now to post this?
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
How can you speak for other parents?

You think he doesn't talk to the parents of other kids on the team?
Lungblood
quote:
Bone6
quote:
Not trying to discredit, but why did you wait until now to post this?
Topher17
AG
quote:

EOT
marble rye
AG
quote:

Yeah, Darren.
TXM Pride
OP do you think Saban, Miles, Fisher, Spurrier, and Stoops are all out shaking everyone's hand and going out of their way to be nice. No they're not...

I know you were speaking about assistant coaches... So can't speak for everyone on those coaches staffs. But obviously major conference coaching staffs (and highly sought out schools) are going to operate differently than lower level schools.

With that said, I'm not really impressed with many of our position coaches at this point when it comes to the Xs and Os of it all.
TexasAggie_97
AG
quote:
OP do you think Saban, Miles, Fisher, Spurrier, and Stoops are all out shaking everyone's hand and going out of their way to be nice. No they're not...
The difference is these coaches have won at the highest level while Sumlin has never won anything of consequence. If you are going to build a program then it needs to start with the parents since they have a lot of sway over where their kids go to school. I for one hope this was the exception and not the rule for how our coaches recruit but if it is not then we DO have issues with this staff. Perception is reality and and if you are going to act like your S do't stick then you had better be able to back it up with performances on the field...something this coaching staff is not doing lately.
ashley
Sumlin is very friendly by nature, this is what has made him a very successful recruiter everywhere he has been.
DaveAg02
AG
This is why we can't recruit!! ... oh, wait
eATMup-Reveille
quote:
quote:

EOT

Oh sure, when things were going great, can you IMAGINE the backlash had he brought this up THEN??!! Wake up people!!!!
AggieLit
I haven't been around coaches, but this is pretty believable considering how big everyone else's head got the last two years. Somehow I think we confused winning a Heisman with winning a natty and being in the SEC with being in a BCS bowl. Now we have to somehow reconcile being a great program with losing 59-0, which does not happen to great programs.
nickstro66
AG
I've coached at A&M camps and the coaching staff was extremely friendly to the players and the parents. They went out of there way to talk to the parents and made sure the kids at the camp were enjoying it.
Sean_Jones
Sounds like we have a bunch of arrogant jerks for coaches. I imagine we must be doing terrible on the recruiting trail with these kinds of jerks, right? Right?
ColoAg95
AG
He probably posted it now because the shine is off Sumlin and crew. That and the fact that OP hates DJs and movies.
Rusty Shakleford
AG
quote:
Sounds like we have a bunch of arrogant jerks for coaches. I imagine we must be doing terrible on the recruiting trail with these kinds of jerks, right? Right?

They'll never be able to get any talent on this team
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.