Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The problem no one is talking about but should be

6,225 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Goodfield Nohit
Bone6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BJ Anderson

He inherited some truly great OL talent from the Sherman regime that we had the past 2 years. After 2 years the ability to run has all but gone out the window despite a really solid stable of RB's.
Goodfield Nohit
Nail. Head.
Ol Waco Ag
AG
OP
NyAggie
AG
Sure seems that way
PeekingDuck
AG
He ain't Sherman.
Bunk Moreland
I've said it multiple times.

Hes a ****ing hack. Made his name off Shermans recruits
doubledegreeAG
bfvp
Was Sherman really all that good besides recruiting two of the best OL tamu has had in a while?

People always say he was a good OL coach, but when you have two first round picks on your team, how hard is it?
Knife_Party
quote:
Was Sherman really all that good besides recruiting two of the best OL tamu has had in a while?

People always say he was a good OL coach, but when you have two first round picks on your team, how hard is it?

Patrick Lewis was an excellent center too even though he was undersized. He went undrafted. It does appear that Anderson was not the coach of the line.
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
quote:

I think you answered your question already.
AgBeliever
AG
OP nailed it.

If there is one coaching change on the whole staff, it needs to be made here.
Slicer97
AG
quote:

How the f*** do you think he got those 2 first round picks to come here?

He put some damn good O-lines together for us in the early 90s and knows how to evaluate linemen and line coaches
90%Ag
AG
quote:

Exactly! Why are we not recruiting guys who are already good enough to be first rounders?!
unmade bed
Have always been concerned about his coaching. His lines had below average technique at u of h and it has continued here. However he has been good recruiter so I have overlooked it. Snyder and whats-his-nuts the LB coach suck and don't recruit at all, so they need to go first.
ShadyAftermath123
You're giving our running backs wayyyy too much credit. They are not that good. Yeldon would've moved the ball behind our line versus the defenses we've played.
bfvp
quote:
quote:

He put some damn good O-lines together for us in the early 90s and knows how to evaluate linemen and line coaches

Recruiting two awesome OL doesn't mean he's a good coach.. IMO
Just means he got them on campus.
Bacardi Rambo
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you not think that recruiting is a strategic part of being a coach? Might not be 50% recruiting 50% coaching but it's close

Pro Ag
AG
Glad someone else is saying this too. I mentioned it on a thread, but I think the thread got nuked.
BioAg08
AG
Absolutely. There is a lot of disappointment to go around, but the O-line is near the top. Staggering regression.
Dunbar
AG
BZ posted a tweet where he said a prominent former player said to keep an eye on our O- Line next few years. They will not have the same skill & aggressiveness as the Turner/Sherman O-Lines
chase128
AG
quote:
BJ Anderson

He inherited some truly great OL talent from the Sherman regime that we had the past 2 years. After 2 years the ability to run has all but gone out the window despite a really solid stable of RB's.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
BJ Anderson

Not enough blue parachutes for this.
oneeyedag
Theres a huge difference in scheme then under sherman. Much easier to run block with a hand on the ground vs this bs pass block type run blocking. Pad levels higher in this scheme and very little leverage to knock defenders around.
AgBeliever
AG
So how does that excuse the terrible pass protection or balls being hiked over the QB's head?
BQ`81
AG
No excuses. Something must change.
bgrimm05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You mean they were first round draft picks when he recruited them? Think, people...
headshrinker
AG
Nobody can save this team at this point. Sumlin is a great recruiter, but to survive, he'll need to clean house next year.
CrottyKid
AG
We need to fire many coaches on offense. Spav needs to be gone and so does Anderson. Bring in a new OC and let him choose his own OLine coach...maybe others.
FJB
AG
And Snyder
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
Theres a huge difference in scheme then under sherman. Much easier to run block with a hand on the ground vs this bs pass block type run blocking. Pad levels higher in this scheme and very little leverage to knock defenders around.

Did you not see how the blocking was better the 2 previous years with the same offensive scheme?

And I agree, everyone on this thread should be starring the OP's post.
VonDaMan
AG
quote:

I think you mean "ever". And the answer is no.
FrontPorchAg
I will hold judgement on Anderson. Kenny was getting 3-4 secs when he was getting pressured which is all you can ask of olineman against top tier SEC defenses. I think there is a fundemental flaw in our offense in that we can't run the ball from a pass blocking stance. I think the whole offense needs to be re-evaluated.
oldjohnny
Fire Anderson.
Texpatriate
AG
Makes sense to me.
weeza
AG
Maybe. As they said on the broadcast though, JFF accounted for 58% of our rush yards. I don't think most of that was attributable to the OL
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.