Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OUT NOW! Marooned in Aggieland: A Bumbling Brit Discovers CFB, Guns N' Waffles

39,371 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Tabasco
TexAg2k8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just ordered. Looking forward to it!
Eric Forman
AG
Got mine today. Great read so far.
spanky
AG
Good stuff so far
NorCal
burdt
AG
Passport on the cover is red/American with eagle, not UK, which has the lion/unicorn. 2/10 WNB

Just kidding Josh. I hope you get kindle version though, so I can purchase from abroad. Gig 'Em/Cheers!
Smithjg
Just ordered mine. WHOOP!
EnglishAggie
WOW! What can I say.... it has been an overwhelming first week and I would like to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone that has bought a copy and been so supportive since the release.

Within the first 48 hours, the publishers could barely keep up! It got as high as #220 on the overall Amazon best sellers list which is just sensational and beyond anything I could have ever dreamed of. Aggies are like no other.

For those asking about eBook/Kindle releases, fear not! One is on its way. It is currently in production and should be available in 1/2 weeks, but I will keep you updated when it's eventually released.

FYI, Amazon currently states a 1-3 week dispatch time, but I've been personally assured by the publishers that all orders will be dispatched MUCH sooner than that. Also, it's now listed at a bargain basement price of little over $12 - cheap as chips!

I will be over in College Station next month for the LSU game, I am quite literally counting down the minutes

Thanks again so much, happy reading and #BTHOolemiss!

Josh
Cibalo
just ordered mine
ChipFTAC01
AG
Mine came in the mail on Tuesday. I flipped through it and read a few excerpts. Good stuff.
aggie85mom
AG
I received my copy on Tuesday and am almost finished with the book (Reading at work isn't an option since I'm a Junior High Counselor).

After reading the first few pages, I ordered 5 more copies!

You're an outstanding writer and it has been fun re-living last season through your memories.
I hope to one day write a book, as well. You have definitely inspired me!

If you would like to come by our tailgate at the LSU game, please let me know! We'd love to have you!

Gig'em and God Bless and BTHO Ole Miss! WHOOP!!!
Sex Panther
AG
Josh I don't know how you would go about doing it, but you need to definitely try and get it into all the university book stores. The MSC book store gets tons of foot traffic every game day weekend... Congrats on the success, looking forward to reading it.
Aggie71013
AG
Ordered one as well. I've enjoyed it so far. Great work Josh.
eidetic78
AG
Got mine earlier this week. Only about 65 pages in but it's very entertaining. Worth a read.
Mozart Paintings
AG
got mine yesterday and starting reading it....... Good Stuff
fishinaggiegirl
AG
Will be ordering one, excited to read it.
Personal Best
AG
I'm bringing my copy to the LSU game so you can come by my tailgate and sign it
GoneGirl
AG
Mine came this week - but it's a gift.

Is it morally wrong to read it myself before gifting?
Aggielandma12
AG
So how many have you sold?
ahlongslide
AG
quote:
I'm bringing my copy to the LSU game so you can come by my tailgate and sign it
Don't do it, EnglishAggie! He'll offer you his "spotted dick", only he is not talking about pudding.
HossAg
AG
Just ordered. Looking forward to it.
rocket502
AG
Mine came in yesterday.
EnglishAggie
Delighted to announce the Amazon Kindle and iTunes eBook versions are now available. So the book is finally in pretty much every format - Hooray!

Buy on Amazon Kindle

Buy on iTunes Store for iPads/iPhones

Again, just want to say thank you for all the kind words about the book. It really does mean the world.

Oh and finally, of course if people want one signed whilst I'm over in CS next month - just get in touch and I'd be more than happy to sort something out
jagouar1
AG
Bought my copy.....

quote:
Oh and finally, of course if people want one signed whilst I'm over in CS next month - just get in touch and I'd be more than happy to sort something out

Dunno who would host it but sounds like there is enough interest to have a proper book signing.... surely somebody would be willing to host it. I probably won't show up at a tailgate because I run my own but would like to get the book signed.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Just got the e-mail that mine is finally being shipped. Would also like to have a central location to stop by, say howdy and have the book signed
EnglishAggie
Really appreciate all the helpful advice.

I'll be honest and say with this being my first experience of launching anything, I'm embarrassingly naive when it comes to the business of self promotion (especially when I'm doing it from across quite a large ocean!). The last few months have been spent tirelessly getting the book to this point - now I'm floundering around like a headless chicken!

After a couple of people have suggested doing a book signing at Aggieland Outfitters, I've just tweeted asking them if it's possible, so hopefully hear something soon But if it's no go, I'll do my best to pull something together!

Again, if anyone has any other ideas (currently looking into how to get in touch with the bookstores in the MSC), then please don't hesitate to give me a shout! Thank you
MaxHenry
I'm based overseas & got mine shipped in a little over a week ago. Proved to be the best possible bye-week medicine after some rough A&M football recently. Finished it yesterday & loved it. Very amusing, insightful & will make all Aggies proud. I think it has got all the makings of a cult classic.

Also! Recommended it to my sister who's also an Ag, & she says she could find it on her iPad, but not on her Nook reader?
Yid Army
AG
Ordered a copy for a Christmas present to myself!
Philip J Fry
AG
All of you saying great things about the book should be putting a review on Amazon.
MaxHenry
quote:
All of you saying great things about the book should be putting a review on Amazon.
Fair point.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bump for reviews.
EnglishAggie
quote:
Also! Recommended it to my sister who's also an Ag, & she says she could find it on her iPad, but not on her Nook reader?
Thanks for recommending it! Should be out on the Nook Reader very soon - I will let you know when

As for Amazon reviews, yes! They would be very much appreciated by anyone that can spare the time.. so much so, I may even buy you a beer
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks for recommending it! Should be out on the Nook Reader very soon - I will let you know when

As for Amazon reviews, yes! They would be very much appreciated by anyone that can spare the time.. so much so, I may even buy you a beer
Heading there NOW
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
quote:

Line up and wait 18L
tbirdspur2010

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.