Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chiefs set Guinness World Record

2,629 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by VA_Ag94
sarcazm04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, this article references the 12th man. Also, Arrowhead stadium has 76,000 capacity.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. Gig 'em, Aggies!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-09-29/monday-night-football-kansas-city-chiefs-new-england-patriots-guinness-world-record-loudest-stadium
VA_Ag94
AG
Install decibel meter at Kyle Field and have it permanently displayed. And I mean the actual dB measurement, not some stupid "loud.. louder... LOUDER..." message to get the fans worked up.
sawemoffshort07
AG
Wondering why they have not done it to this point
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Install decibel meter at Kyle Field and have it permanently displayed. And I mean the actual dB measurement, not some stupid "loud.. louder... LOUDER..." message to get the fans worked up.

You mean those aren't accurate!?!?
gigumaggie
AG
quote:
quote:

I support this message
sawemoffshort07
AG
Should we make a shirt about it?
Rex Racer
AG
Contrived.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
Should we make a shirt about it?

AO is already on it.
sarcazm04
It was attempted back when I went to A&M (maybe 2001?). We did not get the world record at that time.
90%Ag
AG
quote:
Contrived.

Yes. Things should always come into being via spontaneous proclamation. Planning is overrated.

I don't necessarily support the idea, but dismissing it out of hand as "contrived" smacks of "I'm too cool/smart for that."
90%Ag
AG
Then again, maybe now I am the one being snooty.

I think I hurt my feelings.
Frok
AG
Who cares? They planned out a roar on que to get the record. I'd rather just be consistently loud and crazy throughout the game. Sustained energy is what creates the home field advantage.
The Debt
We could be one louda
90%Ag
AG
quote:
Who cares? They planned out a roar on que to get the record. I'd rather just be consistently loud and crazy throughout the game. Sustained energy is what creates the home field advantage.

Yup.

I remember in 1991 when I was in grad school at the Evil Empire. Walked out of the B-school one day and heard amazing loudness coming from the stadium on a Thursday afternoon the week before the A&M game. The whorns were practicing with crowd noise cranked to the max, just to prepare for Kyle. It was a real issue for them. (Cue the '85 tu game noise clip from YouTube.)
redd38
AG
quote:
It was attempted back when I went to A&M (maybe 2001?). We did not get the world record at that time.

This. I think it was during the ND game.
schmendeler
AG
I take it you don't remember Guinness denying our record for most students to attend a football game because it was "contrived"
sarcazm04
Ha.

"Metrodome and Arrowhead NOT louder than Reliant. Not a chance. Never been to mile high stadium" - jftx04

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2019865
jftx04
Citizen Reign
Too many olds at Kyle games. Topping 142 won't happen.
bgrimm05
AG
quote:

I know this has been discussed a bunch, but this would be awesome. Maybe it should come on when it reaches a certain level though?
aggiederelict
"Say it with your chest"
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:
Contrived.

Yes. Things should always come into being via spontaneous proclamation. Planning is overrated.

I don't necessarily support the idea, but dismissing it out of hand as "contrived" smacks of "I'm too cool/smart for that."

We are too cool for that.
rosstradamas70
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Contrived.

maybe we should not have contrived the red white and blue stadium
no one thought that was cool either
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Contrived.

maybe we should not have contrived the red white and blue stadium
no one thought that was cool either

Red white and blue out = noise measuring
VA_Ag94
AG
quote:

Let me be clear, I'm not suggesting we do this once to break a record. Nor am I really even concerned about the record... whether we break the record or not, I don't care... I think it would be cool if it was a permanent addition to Kyle that displays the dB at all times. I think it would be cool for the fans in the stands to see it shoot up when they yell and make noise, and I'd love for it to be shown on TV whenever the crowd noise results in a false start penalty.

Who cares about calling Guinness to get some stupid record, it's primarily for us to keep track of how loud we can be.
sawemoffshort07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:It was attempted back when I went to A&M (maybe 2001?). We did not get the world record at that time.

Let me be clear, I'm not suggesting we do this once to break a record. Nor am I really even concerned about the record... whether we
break the record or not, I don't care... I think it would be cool if it
was a permanent addition to Kyle that displays the dB at all times. I
think it would be cool for the fans in the stands to see it shoot up
when they yell and make noise, and I'd love for it to be shown on TV
whenever the crowd noise results in a false start penalty.

Who cares about calling Guinness to get some stupid record, it's primarily for us to keep track of how loud we can be.

+1
BQAG02
AG
We tried it in 2000 against OU. That was the game we choked away and OU won the MNC with Heupel.

When I first started working Rockets games, we would show a live decibel meter during parts of the game. It wouldn't be hard to just mount one somewhere and show it at certain times.
VA_Ag94
AG
quote:
It wouldn't be hard to just mount one somewhere and show it at certain times. ALL THE TIME

FIFY
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.