Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Stat breakdown of game by Arky fan

11,324 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by depriest1022
Little Rock Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here

Full Arkansas play-by-play results here.
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Arkansas is very, very close to the point where those mistakes don't happen, and Arkansas wins this game 42-21 like it should have.
Didn't take into account the 21 points the Aggies left on the field with td pass called back on a penalty, a long completion resulting in a somersault, and a miss of Kennedy in the first quarter that would have been 6.
ag92tx
Was that drop by Kennedy in the 1st also the same play that worked in OT?
Bottlehead90
AG
Interesting read

Sounds like his glass is half-full

AgBeliever
AG
I think so Ag92tx.
aggiebrad94
AG
In recruiting, they're called "sleepers." In losses, the phrases, "Could have," or "Should have" are common. Either way, it's something to make you feel better about your whiff.
gougler08
AG
quote:

We run this play probably 2-3 times a game and it is routinely open...it was just a bad throw by Hill on the incomplete one
PFlat
AG
this guy is cracking me up.

"Texas A&M has punted with under six minutes left. Chaney decides it's time to slam the door and calls three straight blast runs from Oneback looks"

the question, of course, is if this brilliant Chaney guy could "slam the door" at any time with this series of basic run plays, why didn't he before? but he can just decide that now is the time? come on.

" On first down, the Hogs try the inside blast that had been working all game. The Aggies snuff this one out for a two-yard loss."

wait I thought this was the "slam the door" play!!?? the "blast"!!! what...you mean IT DIDN'T WORK!!??

what a maroon. Bielema lost b/c he tried to bleed the clock and "sit" on a ONE SCORE lead with freaking 11:30 to play. he got air-raided.

but sure, hogs. you're "THIIIIIIIIIIS CLOSE". keep Bielema for 10-15 more years.
Post removed:
by user
Codeno
AG
quote:

It was the same concept out of a different formation. I hope to have my weekly offensive breakdown out tonight and I will highlight this concept.
bert harbinson
AG
Gotta love the constant refrain of "only our mistakes mattered." Both teams made mistakes and missed opportunities...nobody plays a perfect game.
PFlat
AG
"On fourth down, the Hogs go back to the 23 personnel I-formation and call the Blast run the exact same play and formation that Collins had hit a 50-yard run on in the second quarter but Collins tries to cut back and is brought down to end the game "

NOOOO!!!! not the "blast" play!!!! I guess Chaney "decided not to slam the door" in OT.

PFlat
AG
"The Hogs are very close to a breakthrough"

no, you're not. but it's okay to keep thinking this way, hawgs.

the problem with your coach/offense/philosophy is that you need to execute multiple 10+ play, 8+min drives for scores. since you don't have a deep threat other than breaking thru a goalline defense for a 50 yarder on 3rd & inches. so you have to execute a BUNCH of plays in a row w/o a mistake. no penalty, no TFL...every play has to work perfectly to get the 3.4 yards needed to sustain the drive. hell every BLOCK has to be perfect! one slip up and you're behind the chains and you can't recover.

and here you are with a 3 page diatribe/analysis of how if you JUUUUST executed a FEW more plays you'd TURN THE CORNER!!! HELL YOU MAY EVEN BEAT BAMA!!!!

the offense is flawed. the philosophy is flawed. you have to be able to recover from a TFL or a no-gain or a penalty SOMETIMES. but you can't. b/c every play is designed for 3.4 yards.

you guys played a NEAR PERFECT game and still lost. and your post is about how if you'd have played a PERFECT game you would have won. ok, I'll agree. except that you probably can't ever play a perfect game.
powerbiscuit
That's a pretty good football team in the coach's second year.

They are going to beat some folks.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Dude is a dumbass homer
redd38
AG
PFlat sure is talking a lot of **** about a game we almost lost.
chase128
AG
quote:

I think the only difference was Kenny did a play action fake the first time and the second time we faked a screen to Carson.
McJulie-O
AG
Agree with Power biscuit....
PFlat
AG
quote:
yes we ALLLLLLLMOST lost. if arkie could have just strung together a FEW more plays. maybe they'll "tighten it up" before next year and play the perfect game.

I just disagree with Bielema's 1970's approach to football, and I was laughing at the pig analysis of "ALMOST PULLING OFF A WIN!" lighten up, Francis.
powerbiscuit
you disagree with his approach?

I guess that's why he's coaching big time football and you are taking potshots behind an anonymous user name. Never fear, you may get your shot at Florida next year. Polish up your resume.
PFlat
AG
get an AGTAG :P
redd38
AG
quote:
quote:
yes we ALLLLLLLMOST lost. if arkie could have just strung together a FEW more plays. maybe they'll "tighten it up" before next year and play the perfect game.

I just disagree with Bielema's 1970's approach to football, and I was laughing at the pig analysis of "ALMOST PULLING OFF A WIN!" lighten up, Francis.

They DID almost pull off a win... why would you laugh at that?

I'm shocked at how many idiots laugh at how bad a team is after we beat them instead of acknowledging how good the team was that we just beat. Would you rather go to overtime against SMU or against FSU? Any disparaging remarks towards our victim is just a disparaging remark towards our victory.
mcag83
AG
quote:

Ummmmmm.....but we won.
spaceman
AG
"Any disparaging remarks towards our victim is just a disparaging remark towards our victory."

THIS! Be gracious in victory. Sooner or later, Arky (like any other team) will beat us. How do you want them to act then?
SARATOGA
tripping penalty called back for them +7

long pass called back for them +7

They should have scored 42. I'll give them that.

(assuming overtime not necessary. TAMU -7

Miss on wide open Kennedy +7

Pope falling down after catch +7

Reynolds hands wrong way wide open behind defense +7

Reynold drops 3rd down conversion on 10 yard line, we would have scored +7

The balance of mistakes we win 49-42. And lets face it out special teams coach should be fired and we should have been ready for fake punt, so more likely 49-35 Ags when mistakes and plays are balanced.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
Didn't take into account the 21 points the Aggies left on the field with td pass called back on a penalty
We scored two plays later so you can't really say we left these points on the field.

However, the drop on 3rd down before the missed FG was huge and the grass monster getting Pope was huge.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
you disagree with his approach?

I guess that's why he's coaching big time football and you are taking potshots behind an anonymous user name. Never fear, you may get your shot at Florida next year. Polish up your resume.

No kidding. Bielema's offense isn't a sexy pass happy offense, but you simply cannot argue that it doesn't work - because it does.

it worked in the Big 10 to the tune of several 10 win seasons and some Rose Bowl games. Hell, he may even have won one of them.

And the "each play is designed for 3.4 yards and must be run perfectly or you'll for sure lose" is pure crap that only a moron would spout off.

We have no real room to talk trash about this game. Yes, we won, and that's absolutely awesome. But we played like hot garbage and only won because we started playing halfway decent with just enough time left to be able to do so. For the most part, Arkansas played better than we did and their "3.4 yards per play" knocked us backwards for a few more than that.

I mean, talk trash because they are Arkansas, and that's certainly worthy of ridicule. But not because of some super awesome game we played. We won, but it wasn't a trash talking win.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
quote:
Didn't take into account the 21 points the Aggies left on the field with td pass called back on a penalty
We scored two plays later so you can't really say we left these points on the field.

However, the drop on 3rd down before the missed FG was huge and the grass monster getting Pope was huge.

Yep, both unforced errors that resulted in zero points...those hurt. And a bad read/poorly executed 4th and 1 on the Pope stumble possession...so we blew that opportunity twice. That's how football go. For both teams.
Brakeman
If Ags dont drop 6 easy passes(2 sure td's), cut out illegal procedure penalties, and officials actually call 2 facemask and 4 holding calls, Ags win 48-14.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Ah moral victories. This place was full of statistical / moral positives on here around the Fran / Sherman eras. Don't see it being much different with an ill-equipped coach in a much harder division than the two aforementioned coaches.
Ian Neff
AG
You know what's cool?

We didn't almost win against BAMA in 2012. In our first year in the SEC when we were supposed to get destroyed.

We didn't almost win against SCe this year when we were supposed to be humiliated. Arky has lost the last 13 SEC games they've played.

Wasn't that supposed to be our fate?
Eric Forman
AG
Its easy to say that had they not made mistakes they would have won while ignoring the same could be said about A&M... what if games are pretty dumb.
Ian Neff
AG
So please stop talking, Arky. You're not new here.
jr15aggie
AG
Let's hear him out folks...

Don't be so quick to forget that we would have beaten OU 41-13 in the Cotton Bowl a mere 2 years if it wasn't but for a few key plays.... Oh wait, no, that's wrong... we DID beat OU 41-13 and aren't sitting around crying about shoulda, coulda, didn't!!!!
lefty8
quote:
"The Hogs are very close to a breakthrough"

no, you're not. but it's okay to keep thinking this way, hawgs.

the problem with your coach/offense/philosophy is that you need to execute multiple 10+ play, 8+min drives for scores. since you don't have a deep threat other than breaking thru a goalline defense for a 50 yarder on 3rd & inches. so you have to execute a BUNCH of plays in a row w/o a mistake. no penalty, no TFL...every play has to work perfectly to get the 3.4 yards needed to sustain the drive. hell every BLOCK has to be perfect! one slip up and you're behind the chains and you can't recover.

and here you are with a 3 page diatribe/analysis of how if you JUUUUST executed a FEW more plays you'd TURN THE CORNER!!! HELL YOU MAY EVEN BEAT BAMA!!!!

the offense is flawed. the philosophy is flawed. you have to be able to recover from a TFL or a no-gain or a penalty SOMETIMES. but you can't. b/c every play is designed for 3.4 yards.

you guys played a NEAR PERFECT game and still lost. and your post is about how if you'd have played a PERFECT game you would have won. ok, I'll agree. except that you probably can't ever play a perfect game.

Near perfect game? Wow you just went full Aggie with that comment. And as far as not having a deep threat check the stats, arkansas has more td drives under 1 minute than anybody. Quit being an idiot homer and get some facts, then again, dont let facts get in the way of your sloppy dreams of what happened sarurday. The razorbacks gave that game away, you didnt win ****
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.