Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Winning Close Games

1,409 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by W
Splitag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One thing that is extremely under rated about this team and coaching staff is their ability to win close games. They never stop fighting, ever. I'm still not adjusted as a fan. The years and years of BAS still create the worst case scenario as a mental block. Going back and watching film of old games I am amazed how often Sunlin's teams have been down and out but kept on fighting. They are beginning to believe that they can and should win EVERY single game! This cannot be emphasized enough. Ole Miss 12, Ole Miss 13, Duke 13, Arkansas 14, and even Bama 13 (though we lost narrowly in the end, they never stopped figuring and clawing). As a fan and a former student, this makes me more proud than anything. I was in the student section 04-08. I heard the intro "seen em win, and I seen em lose, but I never seen them quit!" Not how the games played out in those days. This team fully embodies that saying. They do not quit! Gigem
fishinaggiegirl
AG

AggieGirlNo6
AG
Agreed. Our boys play with so much heart, I am proud of them, win or lose. I really feel we would have won both Bama and Auburn 13, had we powered back a little earlier.
Ulrich
quote:
I was in the student section 04-08. I heard the intro "seen em win, and I seen em lose, but I never seen them quit!" Not how the games played out in those days. This team fully embodies that saying. They do not quit! Gigem

Yeah, I definitely saw some Fran teams quit. So far no Sumlin team has given up... looked pretty futile against LSU last year but they were still fighting. Nothing like the Tennessee or Cal bowl disasters. Proud of this team even when they lose.
Knife_Party
quote:
Agreed. Our boys play with so much heart, I am proud of them, win or lose. I really feel we would have won both Bama and Auburn 13, had we powered back a little earlier.

So what's it like having 5 sister-wives? Are they all super jelly because you're the newest one?
flintdragon
AG
As I reflect back to the last game, even though I, as a fan, had a BAS flare up, I never got the sense that the team was losing it mentally. A lot of times you see obvious frustration (tempers, frustration penalties) but not from this team.
Splitag
AG
With our offense and only being down 2 scores I definitely always felt we were still in it. I just about lost hope before they called the tripping penalty. That was a HUGE momentum swing, and might have been the turning point to the win.
W
AG
this is the advantage of having a high-powered offense with a pass-first approach. It provides an "escape path" if you fall behind in the second half.

if you have an attack like Arkansas'...must stay in the lead for most of the game. We saw that a lot during R.C.'s years
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.