Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Watching ark game - 1 min left - that was PI

16,678 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 8T2
GenericAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watched it over and over. DB hit kennedy early. THANKS REFS.
NyAggie
AG
Yep, was screaming at my tv on saturday
Cardswin5
I was just about to post the same thing. Just watched it. On the play he hurts his shoulder, the DB hacks his arms way before the ball gets there. Otherwise he catches it!!

SO YES!
SBISA Victim
AG
Doesn't matter we won.
SmokeDog
AG
I thought the same thing.
spaceman
AG
Oh good lord. We were lucky the refs saw the tripping by Arky that saved a nearly-certain TD, and that they called the holding (when they frequently DON'T call holding) which pulled back a DEFINITE TD, and that they missed Kennedy's false start in overtime.

Refs are human. They screw up. The best you can hope for is that they screw up equally in both directions.
GenericAggie
AG
And they missed about 10 holds against dude trying to stop Garrett.
LtZogg
You are correct.
sharpdressedman
Sure looks like PI. Had it been an Arky receiver, Verne and Gary would have been all over it.
Bed Sores
I had noticed that too. Lots of missed calls on both sides. Seemed like they got away wi th more but the ones we got away with seemed to be spotlighted more due to when they occurred
tbirdspur2010
AG
Verne and Gary sometimes get caught up in their own analysis and miss what's going on. On the third down play late in the 4th where Hill missed a pass high to RSJ, they went off on some random tangent about Kenny not being Matthew Stafford yet as opposed to pointing out that a big reason RSJ missed it was due to looking directly into the sun streaming in the windows to locate the ball (he even mouthed/pantomimed such on the sidelines on camera).
bigblackag12
AG
Theyer like the guys from the muppets except more senile. For instance, saying the no call facemask was a horse collar and then as we watch the slow mo show an obvious facemask they say it was a good no call. Laughable
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Theyer like the guys from the muppets except more senile.

Holy sh*t you're right!
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Theyer like the guys from the muppets except more senile

****ing spot on, BBA.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Verne is a legend, but I don't understand Gary's success. He's emotional, tries to talk over Verne, and like TBird said, goes off tangents and misses gameplay while getting wrapped in his own brilliance.
turboboost
AG
quote:
Oh good lord. We were lucky the refs saw the tripping by Arky that saved a nearly-certain TD, and that they called the holding (when they frequently DON'T call holding) which pulled back a DEFINITE TD, and that they missed Kennedy's false start in overtime.

Refs are human. They screw up. The best you can hope for is that they screw up equally in both directions.
We got it that the REFS missed that one...but the sad fact is that the announcers totally dismissed this after watching in super slow motion. Egregious stinkhole commentators.
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
Theyer like the guys from the muppets except more senile. For instance, saying the no call facemask was a horse collar and then as we watch the slow mo show an obvious facemask they say it was a good no call. Laughable
Gary: They're going to bring the house on this one...
(rush four d-linemen)

Vern: They do!
Post removed:
by user
rcannaday
AG
Yeah a huge face mask on Trey as well, I am thinking if the guy doesn't grab Trey's face mask, he has a huge hole to the left and hes taking one to the house...
Post removed:
by user
AgsMyDude
AG
Did you also catch the false start Kennedy got away with in OT?
Post removed:
by user
Ian Neff
AG
Reading all these comments about Gary, Verne and the refs is getting me so angry. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if we'd lost.
AG@RICE
AG
The refs also missed a false start by kennedy on the touchdown in OT.
mrnegative
To be fair, we DID end up winning. Pretty just trade off imo
BMX Bandit
Does anyone think Kennedy had false start in OT?
Ian Neff
AG
Actually, I don't. I think Gary and Verne did but I don't. I don't think y'all understand the rule.
mrnegative
quote:

Yes. Would it have mattered? No. The defense wasn't prepared either way and it still would've been a touchdown
Allen76
AG
quote:
And they missed about 10 holds against dude trying to stop Garrett

I notice the same thing if I watch JJ WATT for several plays. He gets held to some extent every single play. I suppose all good defensive pass rushers get the same.
AgsWin979
AG
^^^ this guy knows...
Moe 92
AG
quote:
Would it have mattered?
Hell yes it would have mattered! It would have been a 30 yd TD instead of a 25 yd TD!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think it was a false start. He simulated the start of a play. That said, I think the fact the rest of the offense subsequently stood up to get the playcall may have planted some doubt in the LJ's mind as to what exactly he saw.

Definitely PI on the play Kennedy was injured. The muppets comparison is spot on.
GrayMatter
AG
quote:

I didn't think he did. If you look at the play, he moved slightly but then everyone got out of their stance to get what it seemed like instructions from the sideline. If the ball had been hiked, it would have been a false start, but since it never was, it wasn't a false start.
Sean_Jones
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the refs missed the Kennedy false start in OT
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes. Would it have mattered? No. The defense wasn't prepared either way and it still would've been a touchdown
Really? because the play wouldn't have even happened....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.