Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who here doesn't like playing at Jerryworld?

18,011 Views | 173 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sq 17
Towns03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
cowboy stadium represents everything that is wrong with modern stadiums:

1) game is inside

You'd rather spectate in the elements? Eff that noise

2) artificial playing surface

Makes the game faster. Not seeing the problem, especially given the offense we currently field

3) too many commercial adds

Nobody is forcing you to watch the commercials. And let's not act like ads aren't ubiquitous at collegiate stadiums, too

4) outrageously priced food

ALL stadium food is overpriced. Fill up on tailgate food before you go in like most people do

5) jumbo screen spirit killer

So keep your eyes on the field. Only thing that can kill spirit is you

6) overpriced tickets thanks to overpriced stadium

Supply and demand

1) Yes, football is supposed to be played outside. can you imagine watching/playing golf inside on astroturf??

2) (see above)

3) I'm talking about the commercial ads inside the stadium. It's cheap and ugly. see #6 below.

4) Wrong. Food is far cheaper at stadiums like Rice and U of H (at least it was before their renovation).

5) This has been debated on this board for years. It's a spirit killer.

6) Cowboy stadium (and now the new Kyle) was built by taking on a tremendous amount of debt. That debt is a liability that didn't exist before the new stadium was built. That liability is a direct cost that translates to higher ticket prices.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Whats funny is that you people dont acknowledge the benefit of having the RRS in DFW for OU or tu.

The exposure that game got over the last decade was exacerbated by the location (DFW) and the fact that it was a neutral site.
TX-OU is not A&M-Arkansas
The Debt
Youre right, if Arkansas was still under Petrino it would be a bigger game than the RRS.

But glad you dont deny the footprint ou/tu put on the DFW market.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
cowboy stadium represents everything that is wrong with modern stadiums:

1) game is inside

You'd rather spectate in the elements? Eff that noise

2) artificial playing surface

Makes the game faster. Not seeing the problem, especially given the offense we currently field

3) too many commercial adds

Nobody is forcing you to watch the commercials. And let's not act like ads aren't ubiquitous at collegiate stadiums, too

4) outrageously priced food

ALL stadium food is overpriced. Fill up on tailgate food before you go in like most people do

5) jumbo screen spirit killer

So keep your eyes on the field. Only thing that can kill spirit is you

6) overpriced tickets thanks to overpriced stadium

Supply and demand

1) Yes, football is supposed to be played outside. can you imagine watching/playing golf inside on astroturf??

2) (see above)

3) I'm talking about the commercial ads inside the stadium. It's cheap and ugly. see #6 below.

4) Wrong. Food is far cheaper at stadiums like Rice and U of H (at least it was before their renovation).

5) This has been debated on this board for years. It's a spirit killer.

6) Cowboy stadium (and now the new Kyle) was built by taking on a tremendous amount of debt. That debt is a liability that didn't exist before the new stadium was built. That liability is a direct cost that translates to higher ticket prices.

1.) Did you seriously just compare football to golf? Football can and is played well both indoors and outdoors, collegiately and professionally. Remarkably disingenuous to insist that it only be played in the elements.

2.) Not a rebuttal. We have a fast offense in an era when uptempo offenses are devestatingly effective. Preferring to see the Aggie offense on grass as opposed to turf is like putting ankle weights on an olympic sprinter.

3.) Commercial ads are ubiquitous inside all stadiums. Gotta keep the lights on somehow. Don't like it? Never go to football games.

4.) Seriously? Rice? U of H? Those stadiums are nowhere near the same caliber as AT&T Stadium. That's like saying concessions at Bryan High's stadium are cheaper than at Kyle Field. No sh*t. If you're going trying to have a meal in a sports venue, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg. Not something unique to AT&T Stadium

5.) Lots of stupid sh*t is debated on this board. Doesn't mean there's a lick of merit to it. Blaming a video board for lack of spirit is an excuse. Bring the noise or GTFO.

6.) So you'd rather continue to play football in dilapidated/outdated stadiums because that somehow makes the experience better? Give me a break. The ticket prices at Cowboys stadium are on par with what you're going to pay at most big time sports venues. Heck, I paid more to go watch the Cowboys play in St. Louis last weekend than I did for my ticket to JerryWorld this weekend.

Again, if you hate the stadium experience that much, you're really looking for something to be upset about. Do everyone a favor and stay your behind home.
cecil77
AG
You're right. So I do stay home from Jerryworld. It is not the plastic/sterile/overpriced paean to wretched excess and everything that's wrong with collegiate football (and football in general) that I think it is. Thanks so much for clearing that up.
John Dutton
AG
The "Jerry World" game is no longer a necessity for recruiting. We are here, in the SEC, to stay and we've proven that on the field. Kids want to come to College Station, because of out program, facilities, and the chance to Win a Championship.
CrottyKid
AG
Watching a football game at JerruhWerld is like watching people ice skate at the Galleria. There is no heart or soul, just people doing something far away from you and you are totally disconnected from it.
RAB83
AG
Do not like the stadium... will not go back
Do not like the stadium's owner... will not support

Of course, if the d-bag drafted JFF, I could've moved past my hate and anger. Instead, they deepened.
cecil77
AG
I was early on to that one.

I quit caring about him and his team when he fired Tom Landry.

Not kidding.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
blahblahblah I do stay home from Jerryworld. blahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblah

Good. Don't need your crotchety self there fowling up the atmosphere.
agcrock2005
AG
Just gave Jerry $50 ****ing dollars to park. **** him
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
Again, if you hate the stadium experience that much, you're really looking for something to be upset about. Do everyone a favor and stay your behind home.

TBSBJJ@JW
W
AG
one correction...

"Top of AT&T Stadium - $85"

don't forget the $8 tax per ticket to the city of Arlington.

It's $93 at the top of the stadium
Towns03
AG
nm
sleepybeagle
AG
Don't like it.
E.KingTrill
zephyr88
AG
I HAT FKN JERRYWORLD.

ticket prices TOO DAMN HIGH
parking prices TOO DAMN HIGH
food prices TOO DAMN HIGH
Memphis 7
Don't like it for a conf game.

Wish they'd play 3 FBS cupcakes at home.
1 decent FBS at jerry world.

You spend 1/2 a billion, you play at least 7 home games evey year.
SportsPACK
Trell's Week 5 Race for the Heisman on TheSportsPACK
www.thesportspack.blogspot.com/2014/09/trells-race-for-heisman-week-5-edition.html
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Should be played in College Station or Fayetteville/Little Rock

Ag CPA
AG
Now that we are out of the Big 12 this is the only meaningful road trip within the state in the foreseeable future, next year's game against ASU being an exception. Why don't you Ps appreciate that and quit crying about lost road trips to Fayettenam, and if you want to complain about the home schedule and your worthless season tickets then tell the AD to quit scheduling Lamar and bring some more attractive games to town.
During my years in the 90s at A&M the drivable in-state road trips provided many memorable experiences and the current students should have the opportunity to experience the same.

The Debt
<-----undefeated in dkr, Floyd Casey and Lubbutt
BQCadet
AG
Never been. But I'd rather it be at Kyle. Then again, I live in college station.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I think it is a great recuiting tool.

It is also fun to imagine being a Dallas Cowboy or playing in the National Championship game.

Are you like 12??
The Debt
quote:
quote:
I think it is a great recuiting tool.

It is also fun to imagine being a Dallas Cowboy or playing in the National Championship game.

Are you like 12??

No but it's easy to tell who has been a boy playing sports growing up.
HowdyArmy
Never been, never will. Been to games in Fayetteville and Little Rock and plenty in CS. Move it to home and home. I'm not giving money to Jerry and don't care how much our athletic department gets. How about the money that B/CS could be making.

Would much rather showcase Aggie Spirit at home every other year.
Charlie 31
AG
Jerry World sucks! Bring the Arkansas game back to a home-and-home series at Kyle and Little Rock/Fayetteville.
ShadyAftermath123
What, you don't like $9 beers and a lobby resembling an airport? C'mon now.
jml2621
2/10 WNG
The Debt
The first thing Sumlin says is how much the players love the venue:

http://texags.com/s/14772/aggies-react-to-arkansas-win-prep-for-miss-state

So I was right, again.
Maroon Flash
AG
Hopefully Jerrah will take it in the shorts enough times and Arky will get interested in home and home.

If we want to play more in DFW get a home and home with TCU played in the Cotton Bowl.

The people operating video board etc create an Arky home game atmosphere so screw Arky and screw Jerrah.
Worlds Foremost Ag
AG
I wasn't that blown away by the price of the chicken tender basket. 5 tenders (which were good size) and fries for $10. You'll pay $7-8 at a fast food joint.
The Debt
quote:
I wasn't that blown away by the price of the chicken tender basket. 5 tenders (which were good size) and fries for $10. You'll pay $7-8 at a fast food joint.
You get used to the poors around here.
Personal Best
AG
quote:

Face value of my tickets was the same as at Kyle field. People just like to b itch about everything.
Sq 17
Two more positives about the game
This game is the guaranteed Corps trip every year
Opposing band and atmosphere I like having both bands and the bowl like atmosphere
The lone ranger theme is kind of fun
I am not sure if Arky sends their band to Kyle but very few SEC teams send the band to road games

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.