Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"maroon"

8,060 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggieNiebs
Bed Sores
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know I will be flamed for this. But how is it that A&M has such a hard time with coming up with the real color of maroon? Comparing our uniforms to Mississippi State, ours looks purplish. I just went to search for a Mississippi State football forum to see what their response was to the Day suspension and even their website is true maroon and. Ours has a strong purple hue to it.

inb4whydontyoujustposttherethen
Post removed:
by user
Womackster
AG
Maroon is whatever color we say it is, MORAN!
Post removed:
by user
hassan10s
AG
quote:
I know I will be flamed for this. But how is it that A&M has such a hard time with coming up with the real color of maroon? Comparing our uniforms to Mississippi State, ours looks purplish. I just went to search for a Mississippi State football forum to see what their response was to the Day suspension and even their website is true maroon and. Ours has a strong purple hue to it.

Not sure about uniform colors but "Aggie Maroon" is a trademarked color. Details below

For 4-color Offset Printing
C=15 M=100 Y=39 K=69

For spot-color Offset Printing:
Coated paper:
Pantone Yellow 012 - 9.00
Pantone Rubine Red - 36.00
Pantone Black - 25.00
Pantone Trans. White - 30.00
Uncoated paper:
Pantone Yellow 012 - 13.90
Pantone Rubine Red - 70.00
Pantone Black - 16.10
For Web
Hex: 500000
RGB: 80,0,0

Courtesy of Brand Guide
ahlongslide
AG
Have you tried adjusting your screen? Who cares if it throws off color rendition on every other thing you do with your computer. I mean, don't you think having TexAgs be maroon is worth having to watch reddish-green pron?
Bed Sores
quote:
quote:

Not sure about uniform colors but "Aggie Maroon" is a trademarked color. Details below

C=15 M=100 Y=39 K=69

Coated paper:
Pantone Black - 25.00
Uncoated paper:
Pantone Black - 16.10
For Web

Courtesy of Brand Guide
That's good info right there. My problem with this is that over the years the uniform color has changed. From the 70s', 80s, 90s etc... now-a-days its gotten more and more purple
8T2
quote:
quote:

C=15 M=100 Y=39 K=69

Coated paper:
Pantone Black - 25.00
Uncoated paper:
Pantone Black - 16.10
For Web

Courtesy of Brand Guide
Heh heh. The trademarked maroon and the A&M website maroon are different colors.
Bed Sores
quote:
Have you tried adjusting your screen? Who cares if it throws off color rendition on every other thing you do with your computer. I mean, don't you think having TexAgs be maroon is worth having to watch reddish-green pron?
It's different on the mobile version. If you use texags exclusively via smart phone you wont have any issue with the color looking funky
hassan10s
AG
quote:
Heh heh. The trademarked maroon and the A&M website maroon are different colors.
It's possible. I just knew about the brand guide and figured it was standard.
8T2
quote:
quote:
It's different on the mobile version. If you use texags exclusively via smart phone you wont have any issue with the color looking funky
Whoa. Good point. On my PC, it looks purple. On my mobile phone, it is perfect.
Bed Sores
quote:
quote:
quote:

Also the majority of the hats and shirts that are made show a "true" maroon (like Miss States) Where the colors always seem to have a purple hue is with the current uniforms and texags. Our uniforms weren't always this color
Little Rock Ag
AG
Does that mean someone else cannot use that exact same color combination but call it "Virginia Tech Maroon", for example?
Aggie
AG
It's not as purple now as it was back aroubd the Fran years.
But yes it certainly has a more reddish/ purple tint now than it did back in the 80's and 90's.
rcb05
AG
Yeah, get with the program, A&M! Everyone knows there is only one true shade of maroon that everyone in the world agrees is correct.

bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Yeah, get with the program, A&M! Everyone knows there is only one true shade of maroon that everyone in the world agrees is correct.

Yeah! I mean just look at all those imposter shades of maroon.
Bed Sores
quote:

Top row, 5th from the left is maroon
BaileyAg
AG
State's maroon looks like our "old" maroon used to.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:

But sores that one looks purple-ish
Bed Sores
quote:
State's maroon looks like our "old" maroon used to.
This guy gets it
BaileyAg
AG
l lot of Ag stuff is red
Bed Sores
quote:
quote:
quote:

But sores that one looks purple-ish
Ours looks closer to the 2nd row from the bottom, next to the far right T-shirt pic (to the left of the shirt)

bigblackag12
OneGood2011Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good news is the Post Reply button on the new texags is Aggie Maroon.
marble rye
AG
Remember when Bed Sores went away?
12thGauge
Why do you have a hard time with coming up with good threads?
AggieNiebs
AG
quote:
quote:

Well if sores says so then it must be corre......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.