Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Greetings from Arkansas

9,198 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by phatbeast
razorback6981
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Setting up to be a good game on Saturday. Huge game for us. It's another measuring stick to see how much we are improving. It's going to be a close game.

We are much improved all over the field really. Yet our weakest link is our secondary. They are getting better but your WR's pose a difficult matchup. Our front 4 on defense is solid. They won't be like South Carolina. You will have issues running the ball and should Kenny hold the ball too long, our pass rush will get there.

Offensively I'm happy with where we are. Our O-line is legit and will likely produce a couple first rounders in a year or two. Skipper is a grown ass man at left tackle. Kirkland, Tretola, Ragnow and Smothers are big and nasty.

Brandon Allen is much improved from last season. Being healthy helps. I like his progression to this point. He is finally comfortable being our QB. Of course our running game is legit. Collins, Williams, and Marshall are as good as it gets in this league. WR is another weak spot. We don't have that big play guy we can rely on. Hatcher has the speed to get downfield but has dropped a few. Our TE's are reliable targets and I'm hoping we use them over the middle.

Anyway, I hope it's a good game. I think it goes something like this...

My heart says 42-35 Hogs with the upset.

My brain says 42-35 Aggies by a late TD.
ag_derp
AG
My heart says 49-33 Aggies

My brain says 57-13 Aggies
Capt. America
AG
GO POST ON MY "HEY HOGS" THREAD!!!!

Good to have you here!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
Sex Panther
AG
My mind says no

But my boooddddddddyyyyy...
EKG1996
AG
Arkansas definitely looks improved. However that may not mean much at the end of the day in the SEC West this year.
AgsMyDude
AG
razorback6981
quote:
Arkansas definitely looks improved. However that may not mean much at the end of the day in the SEC West this year.

Folks keep saying that. I think we will win a couple SEC games. Maybe 3...

LSU
Ole Miss
Mizzou

All gettable games.

Georgia in LR is also gettable.

Auburn
Alabama
A&M

Were all going to be tough games to win.
Rocco S
quote:
It's going to be a close game.

No it isn't. Our offense is a huge mismatch for your defense. Literally every Aggie offense vs hog defense matchup on the field is hugely in our favor. Your offense is going to find out the hard way, as SC did, this isn't last year's Aggie defense.
Bradh
This is the ads defense coming out party, your d line is big but not smart ags score 65 y'all scape by with 17
razorback6981
quote:
quote:
It's going to be a close game.

No it isn't. Our offense is a huge mismatch for your defense. Literally every Aggie offense vs hog defense matchup on the field is hugely in our favor. Your offense is going to find out the hard way, as SC did, this isn't last year's Aggie defense.

Yes, cause the fact that Arkansas has improved is too hard for you to comprehend.
taz997
Ags win by 14+. Your team isn't there yet my friend.
Rusty Shakleford
AG
Kenny Hill and the rest of the gang on offense will score many points and the Razorbacks will not score many points. Thus, A&M will win by many points.
msubulldogntx
Was wondering about the Arkansas OL. It seems like in years past the Hogs had some real beasts up front. Those teams were hell to deal with. I don't know where they get those guys from. Most folks like to focus on the skill players, and I honestly haven't watched much of the Hogs this year... But what you are describing it is sounding like some of the Arkansas teams of the past. The ones I'm not looking forward to playing.

The secondary being a weakness is a major concern for Arkansas. Kenny Hill must play a dang good game for the Aggies to win this one. I feel like he will be ready and the Aggies get it done.
technoviking
AG
first off, welcome to texags razorback6981! enjoy your time here!

this is how i read your post:
quote:
blah blah blah blah .....ll over the field really. Yet our weakest link is our secondary. They are getting better but your WR's pose a difficult matchup. Our front 4 on defense... blah blah blah blah...

your team is toast this saturday! good day to you all the same though!
VanZandt92
Hog, this forum is called the Zoo. You're welcome here, but as you can see, the zoo gonna zoo.
OrygunAg
AG
Pig. It's what's for dinner.
Rusty Shakleford
AG
Aggies have strong linemen. These linemen will be stronger than the Arkansas defensive line. A&M will be able to run and pass for many yards.
ag92tx
Brandon Allen would have to fight McQueen for the 3rd string spot. I hate Arkansas
bigblackag12
AG
Glad youre here. But I have to tell you, your score prediction is wrong. Ian Neff, the prophet of TexAgs a.k.a Neffstradamus already told us the right score
snowdog90
Op,, your weaknesses should be your undoing. Anything can happen, but if you're weak in the secondary, the Aggies should score a minimum pf 40 points.

If you're weak at receiver, we will load the box and make you pass the ball. This is not last years Aggie defense. We are 10 deep on the d-line and that d-line beat the supposed "best o-line in the sec", SC. We are thin at lb, but our starters are good. We lost a good lb to a broken ankle, but just got a good one back.

Anything could happen, as I said, but I expect the Aggies to win and cover. I think you and the nation for that matter still don't realize how good the Aggies are. We'll see who's right Saturday.

redjalapeno-87
The Hogs got punked by Auburn. They beat a bad Texas Tceh team that lacks size and talent even for the Big12 and a team I never heard of. The Hogs are giddy and talking smack already. You have not won an SEC game in how long?

Fightin' Texas Aggies will hang a half hundred, with over 600 yards of offense, all in under 27 minutes of possession. On our last drive we will Dolezal you for a TD in garbage time, while Ags smoke our victory cigars.

Ags - 52
Piggy - 27 (piggy is giddy that they "won" time of possession)
Bed Sores
Dear OP,
Remember Texas tceh? Imagine that...with NFL'ers all over the offense, a bonafide run game and a defense that can tackle and create pressure.

P.S You're screwed

Sincerely,
The Truth
Bunny Ag
Kool-aid central up in here... damn
AgsWin08
Arkansas has the ability to keep the Aggie O on the bench with their offense. Ags could've used this game at home too. I see this game being similar to Auburn's play against the Hogs. 42-21 Aggies
phatbeast
AG

Hey OP, see that picture? Now replace Dylan Thompson with Brandon Allen, and that's what you're going to be seeing ALL DAMN DAY on Saturday.
1aggie02
AG
quote:
The Hogs got punked by Auburn. They beat a bad Texas Tceh team that lacks size and talent even for the Big12 and a team I never heard of. The Hogs are giddy and talking smack already. You have not won an SEC game in how long?

Fightin' Texas Aggies will hang a half hundred, with over 600 yards of offense, all in under 27 minutes of possession. On our last drive we will Dolezal you for a TD in garbage time, while Ags smoke our victory cigars.

Ags - 52
Piggy - 27 (piggy is giddy that they "won" time of possession)

Dolezal is a soothing treatment that takes the pain away from a lop sided defeat. Dolezal is in your future, friend.
pirate_Agg05
AG
Brewmaster
AG
63-0

better start the buses at half time!
Blitz88
AG
Went to the Ark / NIU game this weekend. Hogs were underwhelming. Things got out of hand late in the game but they did not run it as well as I'd expected. Ark opened with a KO return for a TD and then got a quick fumble recovery inside the 10 for another TD. Their D looked susceptible to a more complex passing game and NIU had nothing to offer in this area.
crowman2010
AG
quote:
My mind's tellin me no

But my boooddddddddyyyyy...
MY BODDDDYYYYYY IS TELLIN ME YEEEAAAAHHHEAAAAAAAASSS!
Outlaw0206
AG
This guy... Our O-line will dominate as usual
Aggielandma12
AG
If our secondary does not bite on play action, it's going to be a long day for the piggies.
OilFieldIRI
S
Tceh had 353 total yards on your much improved defense. 252 passing and 101 rushing.

This is not that offense.

I think they start 2 JUCO DT's and last years running back is a starting linebacker...
Good Luck, it should be an entertaining game!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Do any of you gr*******s go to other teams boards and start these threads? Because these are my least favorite
bagger05
AG
Arkansas does things well on offense that we don't defend well. If they can have success running the ball, that feeds into our defense's biggest weakness and that is undisciplined play from Howard Matthews giving up the long ball. Arkansas' offense could give us some problems. Arkansas is better than they were last year and I think they could pull at least one decent upset this year. If they play a great game and we show up unprepared or flat, we're in for a dogfight.

That being said, I really believe that Sumlin and the team are sick of effing around with high school teams and are ready to play meaningful football again. I expect our team to come out looking sharp and focused like they did against South Carolina. If we're playing sharp and focused, I just don't see how Arkansas can stop our offense. Just too many mismatches all over the field.

• If A&M shows up hungry and the offense is clicking, A&M wins by four TDs.
  • If A&M shows up flat and uninspired it will be a one score game, but I still say there's a 70/30 chance that A&M wins in that circumstance. And ask yourself this -- what reason has Kevin Sumlin ever given you to believe that we'll show up flat and uninspired?

I think Arkansas will have an okay year this year, but I think their long term prospects are really bad. I think Bielema was a really, really bad hire and they'll be struggling to get ahead of the Mississippi schools while he's there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.