Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hawg Fan on Sat Game

10,415 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AggieNiebs
Born
How long do you want to ignore this user?
usual chiming in..

a. A&M will win with margin being 9-15 pts.

b. It will be close for 3 qtrs, with A&M trailing at least once in the 2nd half.

c. Sumlin will pull a rabbit or two out of his Bullwinkle and Rocky top hat to finally put the game away in said late 3rd / early 4th qtr.

Prediction on stats..

Arkansas ..
about 235 on rushing yardage
about 220 on passing yardage.
between both yardages, look for Arkansas to score 3 td's and a fg or 4 td's

A&M...
about 170 on rushing yadage
about 300 on passing yardage
between both yardages look for A&M to score 4 tds and a fg or 5 tds...

thus the point differential I gave at the start.

Turnovers.. no idea as one game you can be +3 and next game -2.... lets call it a wash.

various and random comments -
... Arkansas will have at least 1 RB hit the 100 yard mark for rushing..
.. A&M will have at least 1 receiver push the 150 yard mark for reception yardage.
.. both teams will break at least one big play from an unexpected aspect of the game.. IE.. punt return, kickoff return, interception return, fumble return.. etc... each team will get one. Not necessarily a score mind, but a play that wakes up the home base and fires them up.
.. both teams will have some initial troubles in their favored aspect of the game.

Finally.. I reserve all rights to very quietly smile if the Hogs do indeed shoot the rabbit as Sumlin goes to try and pull it out of the hat. translation... if the Hogs win instead the prediction I have.

final comments..
..,. no wife and I are NOT related. We are into the genealogy stuff.. and as far as we can tell going back 7 generations, there is no mingling of the genes, as it were.
... yes we have shoes and a full set of teeth. Our own teeth, not dentures. On the shoes thing, I swear "The Wife" is giving Imelda Marcos a run for the money. Woman has mores shoes than there are boneheads in Austin.

all verbage and TL-DR aside.. it will be a good game. I do foresee A&M winning.. but.. this is the SEC where no game is a gimme.

Luck all the next week, ye member of The Fightin' Texas Aggie tribe/clan/coffee kletch
KidDoc
Sandman98
AG
We need more posters like you.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
quote:
Bullwinkle and Rocky

The order in which you worded this phrase bothers me.
Ol Rock
AG
Classy post

Blue diamond for you sir.

Best wishes to a safe and fun game this weekend.
Capt. America
AG
Good luck to y'all too!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
Citizen Reign
Solid post OP. However Ags go over 500yds.
Teacher_Ag
AG
I hope you're right.

You have no idea how much I enjoyed watching yall massacre Tech. I hope we can step up and slow your run game.
vander54
S
I think your stats are a little off. But hope the outcome is what you predict.
Bed Sores
quote:

final comments..
..,. no wife and I are NOT related. We are into the genealogy stuff.. and as far as we can tell going back 7 generations, there is no mingling of the genes, as it were.

Bro... did you double check?
snowdog90
Op, 300 yards passing is way off. Aggies geared up for SC for months and put up 511. They've been getting ready for Ark for 3 Weeks now, building depth all over the field. Nowhere is that depth more visible than receiver. Hill will have 450 thru the air Saturday, but the game could still be close if we can't stop the run.
Andrew99
AG
quote:
quote:
Bullwinkle and Rocky

The order in which you worded this phrase bothers me.

Seems fine to me for all purposes and intents.
jickyjack1
Good post OP.
gee_bananas
AG
Props to the OP for coming on this board. Just hope he's willing to eat crow after we win by more than 15.
Ulrich
If Arkansas does get a second half lead, the game will come down to the final minute.

Arkansas will move the ball, but I'm not sure they will punch it in as often as they need to against an underrated run defense. We'll come out sharp on offense and trading touchdowns for FGs will turn into a three score A&M lead in the first half. Arkansas will have to take to the air against our pass rush in the second half. No one will relax until the fourth quarter, but we'll close the door early in the final period.

However it turns out, here's to a good game with no injuries on either side.
AgGeo01
AG
Good post OP. Best of luck to you.
phatbeast
AG
Sorry OP, you seem like a reasonable guy and all, but Ian has already seen that the margin of victory will actually be 27 points: 55-28.
Triple-T
AG
Excellent logic, sir. Surely this can't be from Arkansas.
Tamu_mgm
AG
It will be close for 1 quarter, then A&M will limit Arky's one dimensional offense and then Arky will have to pass to keep up....which they are not adept at doing and A&M will win by at least 17 points.
redassag12
chizadbot
AG
i don't see us being down in this game. pedal to the metal.

Ark was tied with tehc the entire first half i believe. it'll be hard to catch up with only a running game. we may give up a ton of running yards though. i think it would be a win to keep it under 200 rushing yards.
Dr. Abbott, DDS
Not bad, OP
jr15aggie
AG
We allow it because you predicted we win.

But me-thinks you and many Aggie fans already forgot what happened the last time our team was ready to play a REAL game against a REAL opponent. I think we have our hands full this year, but we run away with this one.
Old School Brother
OP?

Crawdaddy
Kirbz09
There's no way in hell those hogs pass for 200+.
Traveler
AG
quote:

... yes we have shoes and a full set of teeth. Our own teeth, not dentures.

So between the 2 of you there is 1 full set of original teeth? Got it. Must be rich.

football wise, I think this is going to be a tough games for the Ags. I have no idea what to expect - we've really learned little over our last 4 games, except that the Ags have a better pass rush than last year. IMO, I think the O has regressed since SC, the D has improved. But I think we have been holding some things back on offense as well.

msubulldogntx
300 yards passing for A&M seems kind of low to me. If Arkansas is able to effectively run the ball it will limit the number of A&M's possessions which will also limit their passing yards... I could see that, but 300 still seems very low. Arkansas could have an NFL caliber secondary and still give up 500+ yds of passing in this one. We'll see.
Bernie13
Not bad for a piggy assessment. May your possum dinner be filling!
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
OP?

[img] <a href=[/img]]http://www.screeninsults.com/images/the-tonight-show-starring-johnny-carson-carnac-the-magnificent.jpg">
Don't think you have any room to criticize intelligence after this post...
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
I could see our passing yard total going down some in this game. If arkansas is going to grind it out, it may benefit our defense if we ran the ball a little more , thereby giving our defense some more rest. Now that being said we are a lot deeper on defense this year as well.
crag
AG
OP, I think turnovers will be the difference maker here.

Hill will throw at least one pick I predict. That's my main concern.

If A&M does not turn the ball over, they win and cover. If they do turn it over...
Frisco - Ag
AG
Nice job defusing.
ELGINAG
AG
Hey Bret! Watch me pull a td outta my hat!!
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
b. It will be close for 3 qtrs, with A&M trailing at least once in the 2nd half.
Wanna bet? No lead in the second half. I have paypal.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.