Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Comment During the aTm - SMU Game

10,314 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by ffco
powerbiscuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the announcers said that Matt Davis told the SMU defensive coaches what our hand signal for switching to a running play, and then the guy announced on TV what it is.

The Debt
Ironically the signal was if Hill has his thumbs down it meant run, way to go OP.
powerbiscuit
?
The Debt
quote:
?
"?" ?

Your post is a thumbs down. You are complaining about the announcers telling the world that is the TAMU signal for run.
powerbiscuit
the thumbs down was for them saying it during the telecast
rather be fishing
AG
LOAD UP THE HOWITZER AND PUT IT ON A TRAIN TO DALLAS. WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.
The Debt
quote:
the thumbs down was for them saying it during the telecast
No sh-t. It still doesnt cease to be ironic because you didnt realize it.

Maybe I shouldnt use words learned in middle school.
AGSmith
AG
You don't think we've changed this over 2 offseasons? Davis left after the 2012 season.

I'd expect everything to change each season since players likely see their high school friends, who attend other schools now, each summer and might talk.
AGSmith
AG
The "Breakdown of the Offense" threads in the zoo pose more of a threat
Slwdsm
quote:
You don't think we've changed this over 2 offseasons? Davis left after the 2012 season.

I'd expect everything to change each season since players likely see their high school friends, who attend other schools now, each summer and might talk.

Of course its changed.. That doesn't mean that Davis, who had experience in the system, wouldn't be able to decipher what thumbs down means now.

Furthermore, some of the stuff likely changes on a weekly basis. The same hand signals may be reused but their meaning will change/rotate.
pirate_Agg05
AG
i would say it didn't appear to help the ponies all that much, whether that's still the signal or not.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
i would say it didn't appear to help the ponies all that much, whether that's still the signal or not.
Texam90
AG
This stuff happens in the pros all the time. We do have a lot of transfers at QB so it is bound to happen.
Ol Rock
AG
It didn't seem to have too big of an influence on the outcome of the game and at least we can anticipate that ArKansas knows that now as well.
HookThis
AG
He also told them to make sure and cover Ryan Swope
CaddoAggie96
AG
I was a tad more troubled by the dude callin Miss Rev a boy
gunslinger2007
AG
Oh no...someone Tell Sumlin so they can change it this week. Oh the inhumanity...
romanagg11
So that explains their defense stopping us from scoring 100 on that ass.
Ag4coal
quote:
I was a tad more troubled by the dude callin Miss Rev a boy

Multiple times too
Meximan
Her fragile female ego is bruised.
Dandy 76
AG
I'm sure we're using the same hand signals week after week after week. No wonder our opponents are holding us down to an average of 55 points per game.
Ben Diamond
Davis left at the start of last year and went Juco
McGibblets
AG
I'm rewatch img right now since I wa there yesterday, and towards the beginning, one of the announcers says that everyone knew a&m would be good, but not this good.

Ummm we were picked to finish 2nd to last in our division
Texam90
AG
Of course our division is stacked McGibblets.
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
He also told them to make sure and cover Ryan Swope
and to watch out for this young hotshot qb jimmy menses or something.
zephyr88
AG
Yawn... BFD... Not always true - kinda like saying that when Peyton yells "Omaha" "Omaha" it's ALWAYS a pass.
CoachLB
I bet it caught Sumlin by complete surprise that he had a former player on the SMU roster. To bad he didn't think about Davis knowing his signals. Man, what a slip-up! I think it is stupid to believe changes were not made. I hope SMU did Believe Davis knew something. Maybe that is why their program is the worse in the Nation now.
The Debt
Too
CoachLB
Oh, My ! Sorry didn't know this bothered you so much. Please mark all of my posts in red, so I can correct them! Typing to fast can cause my slip-ups. By the way this is just a joke. I really don't care.
The Debt
my
The Debt
too
CoachLB
I am a freaking football coach, on a football board. I really don't care if a player can read if he can play. Let others teach them things that they use off the field. If I don't win, I get fired. If a player uses to, when he should use too, fire the English teacher!
The Debt
I'm just giving you sh-t. How about our LBs yesterday?
CoachLB
Debt, I know. Just having fun too! ( used too correctly) I thought Washington made a world of difference. I really like that kid. Some young DL played pretty well too. Jackson the transfer from Blinn played well. They are building a defense with some very athletic kids.
The Debt
I think the starters played well. The rest was developing those frosh, unfortunately SMU wasn't very physical so the young guys probably got more experience in practice than on saturday.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.