Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

You can't sell tradition at walmart.......

7,563 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Shooz in Katy
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did a gig em aggies to someone in an a&m shirt.

They looked at me strangely and said hello.

Rise of the t shirt fan.

BCO07
AG
quote:
the t shirt fan rises again

fify, see the 90s
Little Rock Ag
AG
Yep, the downside of success.
STX Ag
AG
Good news though, my selfie just hit a hundred likes.

A HUNDRED!
fessparker
AG
Look for the ring. It minimizes the awkward thumbs up.
AG @ HEART
quote:

What, merch money?
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:

What, merch money?
The Debt
Dont resent them. Teach em. Their kids may be the next Mark Dodge, Pinky Wilson, or George Mitchell.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There's a guy at work with a Century Club decal. I drive past him on the highway once in a while on the way to the office. I've wanted to give him a gig 'em but haven't had a great chance to do so. (I'm in Long Island, hence the decal being a rare sight up here.)
Chickenhawk
Im actually surprised how many ags i come across in newnan, a small suburb of atlanta.
Bonfire96
AG
Always look for the gold nugget
ntxVol
It's a nice break from all the alternatives...whorns, bama...etc.
rwtxag83
AG
quote:

Not at all. We all had to learn sometime. I was the first Aggie in my family, so it was pretty much ALL new to me when I hit campus for Fish Orientation Week.

Some of those T-Shirt fans, if given the right kind of open-armed, warm indoctrination, will end up being hard core, died in the wool, maroon bloods, but again, it's up to US as to how that goes.
Greater love hath no man than this....
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
T-shirt fans
rwtxag83
AG
T-shirt fans are going to increase in number and volume with on field success. Having them is an indicator, just as much as not having them is. I'd rather have them than not have them.
getme
quote:

Try not to lump all of us "Tshirts" together some of us do know what's up. Threads like this are stupid.
getme
bigboykin
AG
Yes, anti-t-shirt fan threads are stupid. There's any number of reasons why someone would be a fan of a school that they didn't attend. You are not better than them just because you did attend that school. Grow up.

Also, I live in FL where encountering other Ags isn't all that common and I know I've thrown out an awkward response or two to an out-of-the-blue "Gig 'em" in a location where I'm not expecting it and focused on another task like grocery shopping. My automatic response to some rando shouting at me down the aisle isn't to automatically look up and shout back a "GIG 'EM, HOWDY, WHOOOOOOP!". OP probably just caught them off guard.
Bernie13
Stop shopping and HUMP IT!
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:

Not at all. We all had to learn sometime. I was the first Aggie in my family, so it was pretty much ALL new to me when I hit campus for Fish Orientation Week.

Some of those T-Shirt fans, if given the right kind of open-armed, warm indoctrination, will end up being hard core, died in the wool, maroon bloods, but again, it's up to US as to how that goes.

I hat the whole tshirt fan schtick. Hell, i am what yall would call a tshirt fan...life just took me down a path that unfortunately didnt pass thru bcs. I come from an aggie family, considered myself an aggie my whole life.

Then 9/11 happened. I decided i didnt want to wait 4 years to shoot haddji in the face, so i enlisted and was in basic 10 days after graduation.

Years later, 2nd enlistment done, bought house, got married. As much as i want my aggie ring, it just isnt practical for my family to uproot.

So call me a tshirt fan. Fine. But also eff you. Im more redass than a lot of current or former students.
The Debt
Former Students = Old Army
Student = New Army

Long time fan = Old National Guard
T-shirt fan = New National Guard
StrykerAg
AG
What do you guys call someone who attended A&M, roots for A&M, buys A&M stuff, but did not earn a degree and does not currently attend?
FtWorthAG95
AG
T shirt threads
The Debt
quote:
What do you guys call someone who attended A&M, roots for A&M, buys A&M stuff, but did not earn a degree and does not currently attend?
Former student. Although if you dont know this, I question your AgTag.
HBCanine08
AG
Selling tradition is what our current university's leadership and BOR has been doing.
impavidus
AG
There is absolutely nothing wrong with T-Shirt Fans. If you think that there is an issue, you are absolutely retarded. If anything you should embrace people that show new love for our University. Get over your stupid hate for the whorns and don't let it dictate your other judgments.
fessparker
AG
quote:
An Aggie.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
An Aggie.

1 edit

Definitely an Aggie.
Waterski02
AG
T-Shirt fans are fine, it's T-Shirt fans that talk **** that the problems.

One of man reasons that I can't stand my wife's family. MY BIL actually shows up to my house wearing a tu hoody. Problem, he only graduated HS, in Nederland, CO.
TexAgs91
AG
Bring on the t-shirt fans. It gets our brand out there even more.
VA_Ag94
AG
quote:
T-Shirt fans are fine, it's T-Shirt fans that talk **** that the problems.

Agreed 100%. I have no problems whatsoever with t-shirt fans... whether they be A&M fans or for another school. What I can't stand is when they start talking smack and putting down A&M and they didn't even go to the school they are wearing the shirt for. I'm like really? What school did you go to!!??

Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
I decided i didnt want to wait 4 years to shoot haddji in the face
No well adjusted individual desires to kill. If it's necessary, fine. If you're protecting your family or country, good job.

But actively wanting to travel to another part of the world with the express purpose of killing someone? That's not healthy.
Ag4coal
quote:
quote:
I decided i didnt want to wait 4 years to shoot haddji in the face
No well adjusted individual desires to kill. If it's necessary, fine. If you're protecting your family or country, good job.

But actively wanting to travel to another part of the world with the express purpose of killing someone? That's not healthy.
dude is talking about America's response to terrorist attacks. Lay off
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Lay off
LOL. Risking your life to defend your country is one thing. Wanting to go shoot some mother ****ers in the face is drastically different.
Chickenhawk
Obvious troll is obvious.

Or maybe he just gets offended too easily.

I guess i should have joined the peace corp to travel the world giving hugs...that is more effective against terrorists.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.