Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RSJ ARRESTED

54,409 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I've fixed the glitch.

From now on, all players...
dimeboxaggie
AG
Alex jones predicted this would happen.

Police state.

95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I have been routinely harassed for traffic stops to other very petty things (especially college station).

I've lived in CS for 20 years including days as a student and have never been harassed.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
monarch
S
texagg114:

No matter dude; still breaking the law. Yes, one act is more severe than the other, but you are still breaking the law. This guy, or Mr Hill for that matter, have been in college for more than a year. Haven't they learned something while they have been on campus, like maybe "...do the right thing and quit embarrassing your parents, your school, your team, and above all, YOURSELF?"
TheSwingingGate
AG

quote:
KBTX SJF
Aggie Athletics spokesperson Alan Cannon has revised his initial statement, and says the department is looking into the arrest of Seals-Jones. A suspension has not yet been handed down.

Our story has been updated to reflect this, and will be updated when the department makes a decision.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/AM-Wide-Receiver-Arrested-for-Disorderly-Conduct-254099261.html

Steve Fullhart
KBTX Media
2014mays
quote:

I've lived in CS for 20 years including days as a student and have never been harassed.

Only lived here 4 years, but I've never once spoken to or interacted with a cop. It's not hard if you aren't a mental midget or a thug.
hillcountryag86
AG
The real question is -- How involved will Governor Good Hair be?
monarch
S
This is so stupid; It took me six years to graduate and never once did I do something so stupid that I got into trouble. Maybe KDS needs to take this little boy aside and slap his head once or twice.

WTF are these guys doing?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Stop using your own mundane experience to compare yourself to a high profile student athlete.

It's not the same. You never getting arrested is not the same as one of these kids belt in the spotlight and everyone throwing temptations at them that you have never faced.

texagg14
AG
quote:
I understand you are unable to place blame on our players for their actions. Everything is the cops fault, rsj is not responsible for any of this on any level.

I don't think this is the sentiment that most of us hold, at least not me.

I fully blame the cops for arresting him and being over zealous, which is the case with about 75% of most small departments actions.
I also fully hold RSJ, Kenny and his friends, Claiborne and the others responsible for their actions. They put themselves in **** situations over and over and coupled that with a bunch of ***** ass cops, a terrible combination.

I'd like to see a NG ban for our football players and see KDS lower the ****ing boom on his idiotic players.

I just think that most of us are choosing to ***** about the ***** cops because we dislike cops and like aggie football. Of course the blame doesn't solely lie on the police officers, I haven't seen anyone say that here so quit with your nonsense trolling, officer

W
AG
this is not a suspension worthy offense. Not even close
AggieEE
AG

[This message has been edited by AggieEE (edited 4/6/2014 1:26p).]
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Guarantee Sumlin is getting called in to a sit down with the AD and possibly President. Both questioning what the heck is going on with his program and what he is going to do about it. This is getting embarrassing for the University.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Guarantee Sumlin is getting called in to a sit down with the AD and possibly President. Both questioning what the heck is going on with his program and what he is going to do about it. This is getting embarrassing for the University.
AggieEE
AG
quote:

jeffk
AG
Loose Seal!!!!
Reed10
AG
So, ok... I'll shed some light on all the recent arrests.

Story: The first week of class, back in January of this year, some of the players gathered up at the top level of "The Rise" student housing at an undisclosed players penthouse. After some drinks and some speculation on who would replace Johnny, Someone jokingly mentioned that it all started for Johnny when he got arrested the spring before the year of his heisman. Although it was said in jest, Some of the players are apparently actually intentionally trying to get arrested out of respect to some kind of superstition to try and win the heisman/natty.

College kids.
BreNayPop
AG
I love and have tons of respect for police and sheriff's departments- have good friends in both I frequently go shooting with and have since high school.

the only times ive ever had a problem is in college station- 3 times. In short- rude *******s. And racists. Doubt they changed- they have no desire to. They are above the law untouchable or so they act.

Its no surprise they have it out for our athletes.

And im a white successful person with those experiences.
KJN86
AG
quote:
There seems to be a horrible relationship between the local PD and the team. I think coach needs to reach out to the PD build some bridges. Have some events where the team and the PD can meet in the light of day. Kids need to be better citizens and the PD needs to not be so quick to arrest.

Our players need to quit breaking the law. And since none of us were there, we have no idea if "They were quick to arrest".

BostonAg74
quote:
This is getting embarrassing for the University.

You call that embarrassment? Have you noticed where the Governor went to school? Now, that's embarrassment!
Madden
Cops: Armed with a gun and no college degree!
redd38
AG
Sumlin needs to arrange a players vs cops kickball match or something like that where the two groups interact and get to know and respect each other.
tsuag10
AG
quote:
Sumlin has no control over the team.
There it is.....
KJN86
AG
quote:

Its no surprise they have it out for our athletes.

You mean our athletes that are breaking the law, right? Break the law like smoking weed in a handicap parking spot, laying in bushes drunk, or using foul language in public will get anyone arrested, not just athletes.
hillcountryag86
AG
If he were A&M president, Gov Good Hair would have prevented two out of three recent arrests.
Sex Panther
AG

Crawdaddy
AG
^ if only
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I've acted like a drunken fool in houston approximately 291 times. 0 arrests.

Likewise.

Gotten a few warnings and gtfo's, but never an arrest.

College Station police are out of control. I was standing on Northgate one night quietly talking to an owner and a guy from the chamber of commerce, and had some squirly little cop come up and tell me that we needed to leave.

Freaking townie trash.
Hotard06
AG
quote:
In my opinion, and that's all it is, this coaching staff should call a team meeting and put the word out that the next run in with any police anywhere will result in dismissal from the team (I'm not talking traffic tickets here and will allow the HC judgement on a case by case basis). The law must be laid down and control must be re-established. The type of behavior and actions we have seen from several of these players shows disrespect to the Coaches, their Teammates, and the School itself.

Don't think it needs to be a dismissal from the team.

My solution would be that an arrest = automatic redshirt year. Regardless of if you've redshirted already and how much eligibility you have left.

If your out putting yourself in a situation to get arrested, then your obviously not ready to play this year.

And no transfer releases, except for seniors who would lose their last year of eligibility.
ffco
I recall a time when one of our kids was in 7th grade and he told us that one of his classmates got a referral for "smiling at the teacher."

Yeah, we didn't believe that either.
BeveledAg
quote:
My solution would be that an arrest = automatic redshirt year. Regardless of if you've redshirted already and how much eligibility you have left.

If your out putting yourself in a situation to get arrested, then your obviously not ready to play this year.

And no transfer releases, except for seniors who would lose their last year of eligibility.

This is so dumb. You can only redshirt one time.

Your whole theory is based on being guilty until proven innocent.

Also it is you're not your.
Ag CPA
AG
So what is the updated over/under on # of suspensions for the USCe game?

This is starting to get ridiculous, screams of The U back in the 80s but at least they have some championships to show for it.
Waggle 97
AG
This is pretty unfortunate. 2 guys jawing at each other really should not lead to an arrest.

There are some responsibility / accountability issues on the team that I'm certain are getting extra attention from Sumlin and his staff. This one is a little different than the others and I don't think we should over react. Better to keep a cool head. Glad the admin seems to be doing just that.

NathanChristie
AG
Sumlin has to draw the line and be more of a disciplinarian. He's got a good thing going and crap like this is going to ruin it really quickly if he doesn't prevent it from happening again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.