Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RSJ ARRESTED

54,194 Views | 411 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Places like Bryan and Navasota (even more so) would be dead end backwaters in the day of the highway. The only big roads through were built because people desired to get to College Station, and very little on highway 6 in the brazos valley is on the way to anywhere that anybody would want to go or do business, except Texas A&M.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 4/7/2014 9:27a).]
JJxvi
AG
I would guess that the ceiling of development in the entire area would be something like Lufkin, but even Lufkin is on major US highways.

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 4/7/2014 9:32a).]
FriscoKid
AG
It's a good thing he didn't park on the wrong side of the street. He would be facing some serious time.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
News flash. The city wouldn't exist without the college students. Moron

Newsflash. Bryan would.

hth.

Incorrect
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
maybe some of these cops should learn some manners and common sense and quit acting like Thugs!

FIFY ****ing lemming.
Jim Benson 63
AG
My prediction is that these charges will be dismissed, not plea bargained, dismissed.
Runner_2g
AG
^^Agree
Sentinel
AG
quote:
My prediction is that these charges will be dismissed, not plea bargained, dismissed.

Assuming RSJ's side of the story is true, I am inclined to agree.
Silver Taps
HTown16
Otaro Alakaâ„¢ ‏@OtaroAlaka Apr 6
I feel like it's too easy to get in trouble in college station.
Personal Best
AG
^ he'll be in jail in less than 6 days
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
News flash. The city wouldn't exist without the college students. Moron

Newsflash. Bryan would.

hth.

Incorrect

Actually, he's right. It probably would. Bryan was around long before A&M and has a much more diverse economy than CS.

Just facts man.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
My understanding from a local historian is that Booneville was poised to be the large community of the area until a college was put in a cow pasture. I don't know much about Bryan, but 90% of people in the Brazos valley would be unemployed without these college students.

Actually, it's more like 40%.

Personal Best
AG
Normangee existed before college station too.

I have no idea if that's true but my point stands
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
My understanding from a local historian is that Booneville was poised to be the large community of the area until a college was put in a cow pasture. I don't know much about Bryan, but 90% of people in the Brazos valley would be unemployed without these college students.

Does that only count university employees, or does it also count the employees of the 2nd and 3rd mcdonalds because of the additional demand from the college?
45-70Ag
AG
College students won't and shouldn't determine how police will function. Youre students, nothing more.

Plenty of people would relish the opportunity to come to a&m if any idiots don't like cspd
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Does that only count university employees, or does it also count the employees of the 2nd and 3rd mcdonalds because of the additional demand from the college?

He said Brazos Valley. That's a lot of area.

And no, the numbers say that a lot of the economy in the BV is due to several factors, one of which is agriculture (the river was here long before TAMU) and oil. That was here before the Ags too.

It's tough to speculate on these things. But those two things stand and you could argue that Bryan might not be the same as it is now, but at the same time, it's location between the big cities and it's location to the river tell you that it would probably be a decent sized place either way.

I am not saying that TAMU isn't the driving force behind what the area is today. Not at all.

All I am saying is that long before there were 50,000 college students here, Bryan had a good economy. And the reasons for that are probably valid reasons for saying it would have endured.
Personal Best
AG
No **** Bryan wouldn't be the same. There are tons of small Texas towns on the river between the cities. To argue that Bryan doesn't owe 90% of it's historical and economical progress to the largest college in the state being miles away is asinine.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
No **** Bryan wouldn't be the same. There are tons of small Texas towns on the river between the cities. To argue that Bryan doesn't owe 90% of it's historical and economical progress to the largest college in the state being miles away is asinine.

90% is asinine. Just stop trying to talk about something you don't understand all the facts about.
Ag4coal
quote:
quote:
quote:

This. Soooooo much of the business here is because of the demand of college students. What exactly would be the big industry in B/CS if the university wasn't here? News flash: agriculture towns don't get that big. It isn't on the way to anywhere, unless its from Houston to Waco. Not a heavily traveled route. This place would 25-30k max
Personal Best
AG
Alright lat that's it for me tonight. Love you bro
Rocco S
quote:
The townies are the ones who stay and live in the the community that so many college kids try to trash. Then just blame on it being their college years....Granted, without TAMU College Station would be a completely different community....it's a two way street though.

Go live somewhere else if you don't want to live around college kids. Trash CS? Ever heard of Big Event?

[This message has been edited by Rocco s (edited 4/7/2014 10:28p).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
So, which one of you is an economist that studies the revenue generated by the population of Bryan and the Brazos Valley?

Love you too PB!
mAgnoliAg
AG
I actually agree with Lat here. Not usual
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
The townies are the ones who stay and live in the the community that so many college kids try to trash. Then just blame on it being their college years....Granted, without TAMU College Station would be a completely different community....it's a two way street though.

Go live somewhere else if you don't want to live around college kids. Trash CS? Ever heard of Big Event?

[This message has been edited by Rocco s (edited 4/7/2014 10:28p).]

So one day Of community service means students who have no ties to the community other than attending class and will leave after a few years are entitled to having no consequences for their actions.
Homesick Aggie
AG
Ok, I can see arrests for.......

Minor in Possession
Drunk in public
Drunk and Disorderly
Fighting
Smoking Dope
Lewd behavior
DUI
Jaywalking
Inciting a riot

But cussing? I mean we're talking cussing here! Seriously, cussing?

Somebody at the CSPD has a real hard on for Aggie students here!

FriscoKid
AG
quote:
But cussing? I mean we're talking cussing here! Seriously, cussing?
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
College students won't and shouldn't determine how police will function. Youre students, nothing more.

Plenty of people would relish the opportunity to come to a&m if any idiots don't like cspd

You should tell that to the cspd, dude

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.