Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gentlemen, we are national

10,343 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Agkr
rambo_99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long long time lurker (be kind texags) but I must share with the texags community. We are nationally relevant.

Backstory, I live in the heart of southern cal, meaning in Westwood - homeland of ucla.

After a&m game I went to local grocery store for food for dinner. Asked the checkout guy "hey do you watch college football?"

"yes."

Me - "Johnny football made a top 5 play of the year and eventually won the game. You gotta watch sc."

He gushes " i love Johnny football and a&m is my favorite team." "of course Johnny football made top ten sports center."

Told him good game for ucla - his response was "probably - but Johnny football is the only reason I watch college football."

Maybe not as cool for those in the homeland, but for those of us abroad - hearing a&m is a nationally relevant super team is amazing. Especially for my fellow ags that suffered through the shermchioni years.
clintalmighty
AG
COOL STORY BRAH
NateAg03
AG
We are everywhere!
Cardiac Saturday
TopRowKyleField
Sliver.
agcrock2005
AG
No worries OP. I'm ****faced too.
AgBeliever
AG
I was in Virginia this summer and they loved Johnny and us there too.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I think you mean the Franman years.
Paradise Ag
AG
Takin' over both LA's.
fistofsouth
waco_aggie05
AG
Im in Waco, and never get that sh*t.

Fortunately only here 4 more months.
bigblackag12
AG
Sliver
agfan92
AG
quote:
Fortunately only here 4 more months.

Parole?
itsyourboypookie
Long Beach Hooters gives you a 20% discount for joining aTm fan club.
aggie67,74&76
Rocky Rider
AG
Lovin' the sliver.

"...the Big 12 is now viewed as the fifth of the big BCS leagues by many recruits." Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell (August 2013)
Menartx
Doubledown 2447
AG
Good story Rambo. Most Ags assume we are nationally known, and we have not been. When I was at A&M I summer schooled in Boston and was shocked how few had even heard of A&M. I agree the last two years have dramatically changed that.
ColoAg95
AG
Coloradoans still hate Texas, Johnny and all. My theory is that only the ********s leave. Except me.
BaileyAg
AG
Good story. These last 2 years have been incredible for our overall exposure
Seanzy2012
AG
Monroe, Louisiana here. Surprisingly a bunch of LSU, La Tech, and ULM grads pull for us and Johnny when we aren't playing them funny enough. After the first half I knew I'd need a drink so I went to the gas station a block away for my house and the clerk was listening to the game and upset that we were losing too. Next door neighbors I know but still cool we have fans in Tiger/Bulldog/Warhawk country.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Good times. Good times.
Pro Ag
AG
Johnny made us national. I had people talking to me about Aggie football in Alaska in August.
rather be fishing
AG
Was in Ireland back in June and had a guy from Jersey hit me up about JFF for about 15 minutes. Said he thought he was a little to big for his britches based on what the media was reporting, but said he was an amazing football player.

He's a transcendent talent.
McJulie-O
AG
Niiice!
rambo_99
Clintalmighty - don't hate because I am trying to highlight the fact that finally a&m is what we hoped for; a competitive, recognized, meaningful football team - with a national following.

If you would have told me we would be here after Shermchione's failure I would have laughed. God bless jff and hopes that he comes back.
Cornerback31
AG
Nice. Let's keep the ball rolling.......
tbirdspur2010
AG
Stories like this NEVER get old, IMO.
Mike Elko
AG
I'm drunk. Why not?
SRBS
I was judging a BBQ contest in Springfield Kentucky in October. They have a street festival going on the same weekend. While waiting for judging to begin. I was wandering around and donated some money at the stand the Weblos had set up. One of the kids saw my hat and said "Johnny Football" real loud. The other kids all started chanting it. It was pretty effing cool
Off_The_Wood
dachsie
I went to a conference in Dallas and one of the speakers was from Univ of Cal San Francisco and he said in his talk how he loved watching Johnny Football. Of course the tu people hissed but I thought it was cool.
King
Kemo Sabe
Hell I love watching case McCoy too. Those two touchdowns he threw were magnificent.
Corporal Punishment
AG
On a dirt road in Maui at a coconut stand this past summer the big Hawaiian dude slinging his machete wanted to talk on and on about Johnny after learning I lived in College Station.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.