Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dallas Morning News UT Coaching Targets- Kevin Sumlin?

12,974 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by roboag
runontexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone read that article?

master candidates list in Texas coaching search

Kevin Sumlin and Art Briles are "A-List" Targets

[This message has been edited by runontexas (edited 12/18/2013 11:02p).]
runontexas
AG
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20131216-who-s-in-the-running-who-s-out-the-master-list-of-the-candidates-on-the-texas-longhorns-coaching-search.ece
bigblackag12
AG
"Shoot for the moon, if you miss....well thats a lot of time to think about what life choices you made up until that point" -Albert Einstein
Seanzy2012
AG
Not worried.
Gordo14
So is Vince Lombardi.
Robbh
AG
Sumlin does not deserve to be considered an A-List candidate yet. The rest of those guys on there have won or at least taken their team to the super bowl or a BCS game. Sumlin, has not.

When Sumlin does well with a QB he actually recruited, I will be the first one to give him praise where it's due.

[This message has been edited by Robbh (edited 12/18/2013 11:30p).]
mAgnoliAg
AG
DMN is trash
FtBendTxAg
AG
Chip ghost writing?
InnerCityAg
quote:
Sumlin does not deserve to be considered an A-List candidate yet. The rest of those guys on there have won or at least taken their team to the super bowl or a BCS game. Sumlin, has not.

When Sumlin does well with a QB he actually recruited, I will be the first one to give him praise where it's due.

He's "A-list" only because they want to think they could just take our coach whenever.

I bet we are doing just fine when Allen starts.
Amazing Moves
Well bye...! Oh wait.. They can't get him. Sorry. Gotta little ahead of myself. Could you imagine.
Fsanmig
Sumlin ain't going anywhere. It's DMN trying to create a story
InnerCityAg
And I'm assuming that we have a much better D by then = Snyder gone.
Ridge14
quote:
I bet we are doing just fine when Allen starts.

I like where your head is at.

Allen Crew
Gordo14
Robbh is one pathetic poster.
CoachLB
Kenny Hill looked pretty good for a true freshman too. Tough for Sumlin to lead his team to a Super Bowl when he has never been in the NFL. Or a BCS bowl when he has only been at Houston. But let me tell you something he is an A-list coach if you know anything about coaching. Don't have to be around him very long or just listen to other coaches around the country talk about him to understand that. I have been able to go to spring practices at different places. And watched some great ones. Sumlin is one of the top coaches in the Nation.
CoachLB
Hey Robbh - Gruden won the Super Bowl in his first year with Tampa Bay with Tony Dungys players. The rest of his time there as Head Coach he was 45-43 before he was fired. So I guess we can take him off of the A-list too!
Texker
AG
The DMN is still is business?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
And I'm assuming that we have a much better D by then = Snyder gone.

Snyder isn't the problem. No talent over the age of 20 is/was the problem. That is changing.
hunter2012
AG
The sips won't ask KDS because they wouldn't be able to handle the rejection on the "off chance" that he says no. It would be a death blow to their ego.
Ag Tag
It's a smokescreen, they're getting Saban after his bowl game is over.
musket
AG
You actually get the DMN?
Catfishfoereal
Rob....you mad Bro? I suppose you've never heard of much less are familiar with the word "vision".

Those with it hire and pay men like Sumlin! those without it beyatch about coaches on the internet.

-The Real Catfish-
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Franklin it will be.
Brewmaster
AG
don't see them hiring Franklin...they're not that smart
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
quote:
Kevin Sumlin and Art Briles are "A-List" Targets

*** yawn ***
aggiebones
AG
quote:

so are you saying someone can I develop quarterbacks? Like ManZiel or Keenum.
or are you saying that he's not bringing in recruits highly rated enough for you? Like Allen or maybe Murray?
circumstances have not allowed hIm to develop his own quarterback yet.

[This message has been edited by Robbh (edited 12/18/2013 11:30p).]
83Aggie
AG
This is the reason Sumlin is worthy of the extension and interest from other schools. Some folks on here have foresight and see where this is going.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130201/texas-am-kevin-sumlin-recruiting-2013/
Aftermath
AG
Stealing our coach and "cherry-picking" our recruits would be the ultimate coup for the Longhorns.Their fans would consider it the most crushing blow that their administration could deliver.It would be their equivalent of leaving for the SEC....all of their loyals would be content...for now. That being said, it would take cojones and cash...I'm not sure that they have both ingredients.
corybantic
It would make sense for the sips to make a run at Sumlin.

At worst it might force A&M to pay him more and be slightly humiliating if he says no. He's obviously a very good coach (I think great) and it would greatly weaken tu's primary recruiting competitor in Texas. It would improve their poor image concerning racism and would strengthening the BDF while hurting the SEC. Sumlin also has the charisma to handle the LHN and booster schmoozing.

Big Money Ags and A&M need to be ready for this assault.

Sabreman
AG
I thought the sips went from "Sumlin's a great coach we'll have no trouble stealing from A&M" to "he's an overpaid hack coach who can't win with his own players" a week ago? Curiously, the switch flipped right when the contract extension went through...

Sabreman '92

Prosperdick
AG
quote:

NO PRAISE FOR YOU....come back, one year!
Mike Elko
AG
He just signed an extension last week. Why is this even a topic? DMN is a gossip rag.
Flashdiaz
AG
DMN is trash pure and simple. why anyone would voluntarily read it is beyond me.
Yell Practice
In the same manner so is Darrell Royal. KDS would never go to t.u. Never.
Kalani938
S
quote:
He just signed an extension last week. Why is this even a topic? DMN is a gossip rag.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.