Story Poster
Photo by smu.edu
Texas A&M Football

Craig James shares take on Manziel case, A&M in '13, BCS contenders

August 26, 2013

Key quotes from Craig James interview: 

"The Aggies are the talk of the country, and it will be interesting to see how Johnny Manziel responds."

"I think Johnny Manziel will do what Cam Newton did and use football as a release point from all the accusations."

"Journalism to me is going out the window, period. Whether it's ESPN or anyone else. Right now, Manziel is innocent."

"Manziel will be great on the field this season. He'll build on his success from last year and understands his expectations."

"If A&M can get a few breaks over the season and Manziel stays healthy, the Ags will contend for the SEC Championship."

"Went back and watched the Bama-A&M game ... It's up to opposing D-Coordinators to have a sub package ready for fast offenses."

"I would hate to be a D-Coordinator facing A&M. The power and speed of the Aggie offense is what drives defenses crazy."

"A&M's question mark this season is the kicking game. You have to be able to hit extra points."

"The pieces are in play for A&M to go to the NC game this season. It's a matter of getting breaks to go your way."

"Georgia will be phenomenal on offense. The question will be the defense. I like SC and what Spurrier has done there as well."

"A&M's question mark this season is the kicking game. You have to be able to hit extra points."
"The pieces are in play for A&M to go to the NC game this season. It's a matter of getting breaks to go your way."

"Georgia will be phenomenal on offense. The question will be the defense. I like SC and what Spurrier has done there as well."

"People are sleeping on LSU this season. Ole Miss will be automatically better in their second year under Freeze as well."

"Everyone assumes Louisville will go undefeated, but at the end of the day, they don't play anything close to the SEC."

"If I had to pick a NC game right now I would go with Bama vs. OSU. Unfortunately we're still a year away from a final four."

"Mack Brown needs to have a good season at Texas for his sake. The Aggies are dominating the airwaves and newspapers."

"I'm impressed with Sumlin taking a young talent in Manziel last season and turning him into a great young football player."

Discussion from...

Craig James shares take on Manziel case, A&M in '13, BCS contenders

18,420 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Mordred
Smilin Jack Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bump
AggieDPT
AG
quote:
Amazing how unforgiving some people can be when they get behind a keyboard. I would like to invite the high and mighty sorts to check the plank in their own eye first.

Craig is a good guy and a great football analyst. I know him...do you?

Forgive him and move on...and let's talk some damn football!

[This message has been edited by gabe_bock (edited 8/27/2013 4:19a).]

Tell that to the 5 hookers he killed. May they rest in peace.

91_Aggie
AG
Coming Soon to Texags:

Gabe Bock welcomes Darren Rovell and Joe Schad as national correspondents!!

aggie_2001_2005
Now is the time to backpedal. James is scum. The Dickerson references are misplaced.

Taking cash / cars to sign on the dotted line and manufacturing a lie in a defamation / slander operation that ultimately costs someone their job are on two entirely different levels of ass-hattery.

And Craig James has always had mostly positive things to say about A&M. But after the way he handled that ordeal at Tech, I can't see how anyone, Aggie or not, would give the guy the time of day.
ColoAg95
AG
It was a good interview.
Mordred
AG
Yeah, it was a good interview.

That still doesn't mean I think Craig James deserves to be a regular contributor here... particularly given the current situation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.