Story Poster
Photo by Clay Taylor
Texas A&M Football

Kenric McNeal talks Manziel, the 2012 season and the future

February 21, 2013

Notes from Kenric McNeal Interview:

* He will stay in College Station to train with Larry Jackson. They will focus on agility and speed before Pro Day.

* School is extremely important. He will be the first person in his family to graduate from college. He believes he has a responsibility to finish school.

* Everyone on the team had a chip on their shoulders going in to the 2012 season. Being told that A&M could not compete in the SEC drove them to perform and make a name for Texas A&M in the SEC and nationally. 

* During the Florida game, he asked Johnny "Are you nervous?" Johnny responded with "No. God has a plan for me and I am going to enjoy this time while I can." It left a powerful impact on him and from that moment on, he knew Manziel was special.

* He has never seen anyone play the game like Johnny Manziel does. He was confident that Johnny would win the Heisman after the Florida game.

*Johnny Manziel is a one-of-a-kind person and player. He is the type of person who will change your life after talking with him.

* The Manziel jump play against SMU was the play that made people notice he was different than other players. He was special.

* Kevin Sumlin is finally making A&M the powerhouse it needs to be on a national scale.

* He did not like to see Mike Sherman go or agree with the the way it was handled, but the team made the best of it. 

* Coach Sherman and Coach Sumlin are completely different coaches, but respect them both equally. He has learned a lot from both of them.

* Every strength and conditioning coach has their own style. Larry Jackson focuses on hips which was a new concept to the team.

* One of the biggest differences between the 2011 and 2012 seasons was that the team felt different at half-time. Coach Jackson's strength and conditioning techniques made it much easier to play the second half.

* The week before the Alabama game was the best week of practice the team had all season. 

* Prior to Alabama, everyone was focused and ready to play. The team as a whole went into the game with a 'business trip' mentality.

* During the Alabama game, all the players had to do something they weren't comfortable with to pull out a win. It was a true team effort.

* The number one football venue in the country is Kyle Field.

* He liked playing away games because it feels like everyone in the stadium is against you. Being on the road makes the team depend on each other.

* It is a great feeling to know that this senior class will be able to come back to College Station and know that they left a legacy. 

*The 2009 signing class was something special. As a whole, the '09 class had more experience than others because most of them played as true freshman. 

* Even though he battled injuries, he is very pleased with his career in Aggieland. 

* Manziel and Mike Evans will be locker-room leaders in the 2013 season.
Brandon Williams will make the most impact on the offensive side of the ball, while De'vante Harris will impact the defensive side of the ball the most. 

* Malcolme Kennedy, Sabian Holmes, and Derel Walker will be big receivers next season. The second team of receivers last season could have gone anywhere in the country and started.

*The sky is the limit for Kevin Sumlin and the Aggies.
Discussion from...

10,348 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by powerbiscuit
Gabe Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
elaggie2002
AG
*"Malcolme Kennedy, Sabian Holmes, and Derel Walker will be big receivers next season. The second team of receivers last season could have gone anywhere in the country and started. "

Hope he is right
CoachAg85
It is very frustrating to try and listen to the audio, only to have it re-boot every 3 seconds. I have no idea what "media player" I'm using. Eh, it's a me problem.
AnalogyAg
WOWW!! The comments are the single best, most exciting, group of comments I've seen from any of the interviews to date.

And THAT says a lot!

thanks for sharing with us, and the very best of luck to our Aggie brother, Mr. McNeal.

He is one class act!
CentralTXag
ccatag
AG
Great interview. Kenric made some clutch grabs this season and I truly enjoyed watching him get his hands on the ball. Very Best Wishes for him ahead! Gig'em!
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Can't wait to hear this when I get home
Ags77
AG
What a classy young man
redjalapeno-87
I can tell his momma raised him well. Good role model for his younger siblings. Wish him the best in the draft, hope he can earn his way on a team.
powerbiscuit
Great interview and best of luck to McNeal. I know he'll be successful at whatever path he chooses.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.