Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Complete" rendering: like or dislike?

97,541 Views | 246 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by JJxvi
Ed Harken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like.

Will JFF have his name in a corner too?
King of the North
AG
Ditch the names on the sides of the building. Bryant only coached here for 3 years and left for greener pastures. He was not our legend and never will be. Dana X. Bible, while he did coach here for 10 years, went and coached at tu. What name is in the southwest corner?
King of the North
AG
Ditch the names on the sides of the building. Bryant only coached here for 3 years and left for greener pastures. He was not our legend and never will be. Dana X. Bible, while he did coach here for 10 years, went and coached at tu. What name is in the southwest corner?
West Point Aggie
AG
Me encanta muchisimo!!!!
JJxvi
AG
The names in the corners on the drawings have no bearing on what will be on the actual building.
Texaggie7nine
We's on da newses!!!

http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2013/02/conceptual-pictures-of-dazzling-new-kyle-field-emerge/

beerad12man
AG
quote:
The only thing that I don't like is that the stands are too far from the playing field and the slope of the stands is not great enough. Thus, the seats in the upper decks are way too far from the action. Closer and steeper seats would make for a much more intimidating environment.

We're lowering the field and adding more rows which will make it closer to the field overall. Plus you can't see the west so I'm not sure how you can draw this conclusion anywhere outside of the north zone, which wasn't changing from the beginning.
93Spur
Where did the lake (not pond or creek) and the trees in Spence Park come from? Tailgating area moved?
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Approve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real. Texas. Football.

Soli Deo Gloria
No Spin Ag
like, definitely.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Approve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real. Texas. Football.

Soli Deo Gloria
SG09
AG
like inside, don't like outside. looks like a fancy ranger's stadium.
jamag87
Given the budget & the manner it's going to be built, probably as good as it gets.

But ultimately it looks like what it is - a retrofit.
dabo man
AG

I think these corner structures really stand out in kind of a weird way. Is there something planned to go in them, or are they "art deco?"
agjag06
AG
Walk-up ramps........
GCRanger
AG
Inside = 90%+ of what I wanted and expected
Exterior = 80% of what I wanted and expected

Can't really ask for more than that and still be reasonable expectations.
beerad12man
AG
quote:

But ultimately it looks like what it is - arguably the greatest college football stadium in the world.

Fify
BostonAg74
I put this on another thread, but it might belong here.

"Personally, I think a (Tupac style) hologram of E KIng Gill strapping a helmet on and running out of the tunnel at the beginning of the fourth quarter is a more effective use of technology."
StrangeLuv
AG
quote:
I'm curious about why there is an infatuation with "ALL SEATS MUST SEAMLESSLY BLEND INTO EVERY OTHER PART OF THE STADIUM! THATS WHAT MAKES A STADIUM GOOD!!

It looks piecemeal and unfinished. Furthermore, it doesn't look like boxes are on the student side. Mirror image of the alumni side would look good and add more boxes ie. more money. The overhang may not block the sun, but it would stop a lot of rain. I about drown at the '98 t.u. game.

quote:

Agree

quote:
h one other thing... i know the parking garages are practical, but i'd almost rather all parking to be across the tracks and have more green space. Adds more space to congregate around Kyle before the games.

Agree. Don't build a beautiful stadium and block it with parking garages. Kind of the same thing happened to the capital building in Austin. Plenty of parking elsewhere.
EconAg05
Verne Lundquist
AG
I would think that the parking garages will be used daily by student...and then on gamedays the folks who pay the big money kick the students out of there and take up the spots

nice revenue stream...we have to pay for 30 year bonds or however cook said on the raido
Shall34
Nouveaux
Wow, I think this further establishes A&M as THE school in TX.

Someone mentioned tailgating in the parking garage, I wonder if they could make the top level of the garages a green space that would allow for tailgating. I'm not suggesting planting trees or anything up there, but it's easy enough to have grass/turf so it isn't SO hot on the concrete. Maybe the alumni club (sorry, I'm a Vol and don't know the name of the club) could sponsor big tailgate parties with a large screen and one big food deal so that each group doesn't have to take their own gear.
BostonAg74
I agree. Ditch the names. As a revenue generator, why not incorporate luxury hotel suites in each of the corner structures?
Chips2003
AG
Complete crap. A waste of half a billion.
Aggie Dan
AG
This thread was linked on a Houston Chronicle article.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome the new guests:

Hello ladies. Welcome to TexAgs. Please follow all of the rules, especially Rule 1.

[This message has been edited by Aggie Dan due to spelling police (edited 2/21/2013 12:51p).]

[This message has been edited by Aggie Dan (edited 2/21/2013 12:52p).]
OrangeCoog
Dislike.
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
I agree. Ditch the names. As a revenue generator, why not incorporate luxury hotel suites in each of the corner structures?

I've thought this all along, and was laughed at for posting it months ago. Generates revenue, fills a need. Not sure if any other college stadium has this.
BilltheCat
Add budget to address the Bat "Guano" odor in the stadium.
Kevin Hart
quote:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome the new guests:

Hello ladies. Welcome to TexAgs. Please follow all of the rules, especially Rule 1.

FIFY

[This message has been edited by Kevin Hart (edited 2/21/2013 12:50p).]
nereus
AG
quote:
Someone mentioned tailgating in the parking garage, I wonder if they could make the top level of the garages a green space that would allow for tailgating. I'm not suggesting planting trees or anything up there, but it's easy enough to have grass/turf so it isn't SO hot on the concrete. Maybe the alumni club (sorry, I'm a Vol and don't know the name of the club) could sponsor big tailgate parties with a large screen and one big food deal so that each group doesn't have to take their own gear.

Blue star for the Vol!
nmb12ag
AG
Umm this is awesome. How official is this? cuz i want it
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Complete crap. A waste of half a billion.

Roger Korby
Half a mill? No losing seasons will be accepted from this point forward...
nmb12ag
AG
quote:

WE'RE ALL CELEBRITIES NOW!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.