Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

"Complete" rendering: like or dislike?

97,656 Views | 246 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by JJxvi
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I kind of like retaining the triple deck look of east and west. So there's one counter opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of the parking garages, but they will sell the hell out of parking and this project obviously needs revenue streams once it's built, so I see why they are included.
TyHolden
AG
tailgating in the parking lots should be fun...
TyHolden
AG
quote:
I also find it fascinating that so many complain about this when we havent even seen an interior shot that even shows the west side of the stadium at all.

the people that matter (ie...the ones that pay for the west side) have probably seen it...
sportsguycstx
The only thing that I don't like is that the stands are too far from the playing field and the slope of the stands is not great enough. Thus, the seats in the upper decks are way too far from the action. Closer and steeper seats would make for a much more intimidating environment.
sportsguycstx
The only thing that I don't like is that the stands are too far from the playing field and the slope of the stands is not great enough. Thus, the seats in the upper decks are way too far from the action. Closer and steeper seats would make for a much more intimidating environment.
sportsguycstx
VA_Ag94
AG
It's boxy but good!
caprockcadet99
AG
The most important aspect is the field is being lowered 7 feet. It will make the noise just bounce around down there and reek havoc on opposing offenses
VA_Ag94
AG
oh one other thing... i know the parking garages are practical, but i'd almost rather all parking to be across the tracks and have more green space. Adds more space to congregate around Kyle before the games.
Invictacidal
AG
Like.

Also, ponds = mosquitoes, and mosquitoes = BATS. Win, win.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I want to know about the Seahawk echo technology?
Al Bula
AG
I don't care for the E. King Gill or Bryant names on the sides of the corner boxes. Not crazy about the awning on West side either.
Bird Poo
AG
Not a fan of the pond at Spence. Just takes up very valuable tailgating real estate and could become a damn mosquito haven.

I'm sure the corps would have fun swimming in it though!
nereus
AG
quote:
oh one other thing... i know the parking garages are practical, but i'd almost rather all parking to be across the tracks and have more green space. Adds more space to congregate around Kyle before the games.

That space is currently a parking lot, so we aren't really loosing green space, we are just making the parking lot have multiple levels.

It looks like they got rid of the field level suites in the endzone that I saw in a previous rendering. I never understood why anyone would want a field level suite in the endzone.
Johnny Z
AG
What are you guys thinking the seating capacity is?
bert harbinson
AG
quote:
I don't care for the E. King Gill or Bryant names on the sides of the corner boxes. Not crazy about the awning on West side either.

Come on now, Kyle Bryant was a heck of a good kicker.
Womackster
AG
Don't know. Need eating capacity.
BreckCO2000
Ags76
borrego29
AG
very nice!
Gone
I don't think they need to be spending that much money on it...especially when the university has seen less and less funding from the state
TyHolden
AG
quote:
I don't think they need to be spending that much money on it...especially when the university has seen less and less funding from the state

seabass - you or your sugar mama will be paying for it.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
obvious troll is obvious
Verne Lundquist
AG
Its a retention pond due to the lowering of the field. Whatever the hell that means
TyHolden
AG
quote:
Its a retention pond due to the lowering of the field.

any chance of runoff from the retention pond to the brazos? we don't want to be muddying up the brazos so that it floats down to kyle field north!
Grapes
Where's the view from the south east into the stadium showing the west side stands?
RMG8503
AG
Credible Source
AG
I like it, but not sure why they wouldn't connect the corners for more room and noise. Why the giant gaps?
Biz Ag
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Why the giant gaps?

Seats 30 miles away from the field, and 30 miles up in the air are expensive to build and arent exactly the hottest selling ticket on the market, so not exactly a 10 on the cost-benefit priority list.
One Tooth Man
So.
What's the seating capacity of this version?
JimbloFisher
AG
Al Bula
AG
quote:
quote:
Why the giant gaps?

Seats 30 miles away from the field, and 30 miles up in the air are expensive to build and arent exactly the hottest selling ticket on the market, so not exactly a 10 on the cost-benefit priority list.
wouldnt air flow be a concern too?
Stephen12684
AG
This page is linked from the chron.
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
any chance of runoff from the retention pond to the brazos? we don't want to be muddying up the brazos so that it floats down to kyle field north!

What does this even mean?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.