A&M Football
Sponsored By

Aggie football 2012 in review (play along)

10 wins, a Heisman Trophy and more: 2012 season in review
Feel free to hit on each of these topics and post your top plays/players/moments in each category.
Spencer Nealy for under the radar. He straight up dominated barrett jones and played solid all season which we desperately needed considering our depth at dline
3 Most Underrated players:
1. Kirby Ennis - anchor on D-line, consistent, tough, injury free
2. Patrick Lewis - anchored hurry-up, consistent, tough, injury free
3. Ben Malena - workhorse at rb, pass blocking, special teams

[This message has been edited by redjalapeno-87 (edited 12/28/2012 10:13p).]
Have to give a shout to Sean Porter as well as Stew for the play against Ol Miss. They tag-teamed with Sean taking out all blocking in a very unselfish play to protect Stew and let him make the stop.

The D needs a shout out for shutting down Au from the getgo and holding them to no positive yardage until 2 TDs had been scored.
3 Best new impact players

Manziel
Evans
Obioha

3 most unheraled

Ennis
Neely
Harrison

3 best tough - playing with heart

Hurd
Porter
Moore

Player that showed the most improvement from last year-

J Stewart
Neely is never given enough credit
I liked Mike Evan's response to the Cotton Bowl Media Day question "Have you thought about where this team would be if you didn't make that catch against Ole Miss?"

"I made the catch so, no, not really."

Nice review.
Don't forget Terrell's blocked extra point return against La Tech. That 2 points was the margin of victory.
quote:
I liked Mike Evan's response to the Cotton Bowl Media Day question "Have you thought about where this team would be if you didn't make that catch against Ole Miss?"

"I made the catch so, no, not really."

Nice review.

Love that attitude. Sounds so confident.
Page 1 of 1