Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Horns dont want to play A&M

15,445 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Sandman23
Dr. Teeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas simply can not afford a 40+ point beatdown to both Oklahoma and Texas A&M in the same season. And yes, we would beat them that bad.

It's bad enough that we've been successful in the SEC. Their former players in the NFL are on record saying they'd have chosen A&M over Texas if we had been in the SEC when they committed.

You add to that an epic ass-whipping by the Aggies, they are finished as the state's top program for a decade.
wxguy95
AG
Get a dog if you are scared to play anyone. Our team isn't.
stexagg
We have nothing to gain by beating Texas in the Cotton Bowl....yawn
Cactupuss
lets drive a stake through their hearts brah.
Kill the beast
gatorSSiPP
quote:
For all the Dallas folks, I was listening to GAC on the drive home yesterday. I heard that Chuck Cooperstein reported that Texas officials have told Cotton Bowl execs that if they are chosen for the bowl game they don't want A&M.

I read another article saying that the Horns could decline the Cotton Bowl bid and accept Alamo to avoid an SEC team.

Any truth to those two stories above? If this is true I call chicken sh** on the Horns for doing this.

LMAO!
Wanmaniac
AG
RGLAG85, you say
quote:
If proven to be true, it needs to hit the twitter universe and go viral.

Why wait? Just tweet this!

"GAC in Dallas reporting that Chuck Cooperstein reported that Texas officials have told Cotton Bowl execs that if they are chosen for the bowl game they don't want A&M"

No libel, no slander, no lies. . .

Issues?
uneedastraw
I don't believe it.

Think about it. Texas has nothing to lose really by playing the Ags and losing. A&M has already flown past Texas thanks to Johnny Football. Texas, IMO, should be begging to play A&M. It's their only hope to directly help out their situation.

A&M has everything to lose in this match-up and absolutely nothing to gain. The Aggies have already won the edge against Texas now and do not need to play Texas to prove who is the better program going forward.

Texas absolutely needs the Cotton Bowl match-up. And I personally think they would want the match-up much more than A&M. If I was A&M, I would be the one begging the cotton bowl not to match up us against the horns. Because, remember, it's just one game. Anything can happen in a game. The better program does not always come out with a W in a one game scenario.

So, if A&M loses, everything they gained this year is thrown out the window.

If Texas loses, nothing really happens that wasn't going to already happen if the game wasn't played.

[This message has been edited by uneedastraw (edited 11/13/2012 5:38p).]
Wanmaniac
AG
If Rix can post $h!t about JFF, why not throw some of this $h!t against the wall and see what sticks?

I don't have a twitter account. . .
KLSanchez
Stealth solari!
NyAggie
AG
Uneedastraw gets it.

Ags should not want a matchup with tu-mot this year
nomadic_ag
AG
While I can understand all angles, I most agree with Uneedastraw. We've already garnered the attention of the recruits, why play a team that will picked to lose anyway?
jtmann
PabloSerna
AG
If you were to ask the players, they'd want to play the best team with the most at stake. That is the difference between playing the game and watching it.
W
AG
bottomline...t.u.'s childish and pathetic behavior regarding playing the Ags in any sport...gives merit to the idea that t.u. would scheme to avoid A&M in the Cotton Bowl. It seems plausible
SJAG75
Don't want to play them either.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
I don't believe it.

Think about it. Texas has nothing to lose really by playing the Ags and losing. A&M has already flown past Texas thanks to Johnny Football. Texas, IMO, should be begging to play A&M. It's their only hope to directly help out their situation.

A&M has everything to lose in this match-up and absolutely nothing to gain. The Aggies have already won the edge against Texas now and do not need to play Texas to prove who is the better program going forward.

Texas absolutely needs the Cotton Bowl match-up. And I personally think they would want the match-up much more than A&M. If I was A&M, I would be the one begging the cotton bowl not to match up us against the horns. Because, remember, it's just one game. Anything can happen in a game. The better program does not always come out with a W in a one game scenario.

So, if A&M loses, everything they gained this year is thrown out the window.

If Texas loses, nothing really happens that wasn't going to already happen if the game wasn't played.

While I completely agree (and this is my concern if we were to play them- we'd have everything to lose and not much to gain), you are overlooking the most important factor in all of this: Deloss Dodds.
turfman80
AG
As much as I would love to annihilate the whorns, I say screw them. Bring on ND, OU, whoever.
ed65
To play in the Fiesta must mean at least $8MM more. I really don't want to go to Dallas to go to a bowl game
ATL Aggie
AG
quote:

Wrong. The members of the big 12 are pounding their chest after our win against Bama suggesting that the SEC is overrated and saying that A&M is a middle of the pack big 12 team. We need to play them and take them behind the woodshed for the country and recruits to see.

That said, I would much rather get a BCS invite.

[This message has been edited by ATL Aggie (edited 11/13/2012 7:43p).]
PA24
AG
AGGIES,

What if by the historical ref calling in this state favor the sips, what if they win?

Who really has most to lose; playin the pansies, who are grasping straws for respectability or the current darlings of the nation.

Why even give those losers a shot, let them continue their role down hill to hell. We have better places to go.
CYA Dobbs!

AGHouston11
AG
It's not about winning or losing with Dods its about being pissed we left. Ask UofH about never playing tu again after they pissed Dods off!
Hope it comes off he is scared though that is good pr for us !
PA24
AG
NEVER LET GREED GET IN THE WAY OF MAKING A PROFIT.....LET IT GO BOYS...THEY R BAITING US. TIME FOR THE KILL BY WALKING AWAY.

[This message has been edited by WinaGs (edited 11/13/2012 7:46p).]
ghill79
AG
stexagg,

Speak for yourself!
ghill79
AG
Wow! I'm glad our football players arn't a bunch of pant* waists like a bunch of texag posters here. THey will play anybody anywhere and believe they will leave with the W. All of ya'll saying we have nothing to gain by playing tu are the ones last spring saying we will have a "successfull" year if we go 6-6. Ya'll told me I was "drunk" on maroon koolaid when I said we would "shock" the SEC and we would go at least 10-2. Here we are folks, on the threshold of 10-2! Whoooooop!
ACUAggie

"I played Miami as a freshman in the Orange Bowl and they had the No. 2 defense in the nation," McCown said. "But their defense had nothing on the A&M defense. They are a bunch of mean, big guys who wanted to kill me."

Barnacle
AG
quote:
Texas, IMO, should be begging to play A&M. It's their only hope to directly help out their situation.

You need to think more about the hubris and ego of Dodds more than whether or not the football program is "scared" to play us.

Dodds still thinks it is our "privilege" to play them and doesn't want to "indulge" us. He's committed to not playing us under any circumstances. Why else do you think he offerred the lame excuses that their schedules were "all filled up" for the forseeable future? If he wanted to continue playing us he would have.

Again, he discontinued the series because he didn't want to do us any "favors." That old fart is still under that delusion in light of our success without the series. Fortunately for us, this guy is blinded by his arrogance and is tripping over his own feet over and over again without knowing it. I love it!!!

Please Texas, don't get rid of DentalFloss or ole ButterTeeth anytime soon!!!
4L Aggie
AG
I am baffled to think we have nothing to gain by playing. We recruit against Texas and this is an opportunity to put an exclamation point on our season and send Texas in a death spiral. Time to have the final scoreboard on these guys.

This is a new team that would destroy Texas and I say bring 'em on if that is the bowl matchup we get!
ACUAggie
We are now the apex predator in the state of Texas. We don't think of in terms of, “what if we lose."

The t.u. rotted corpse still stirs and we must kill it.

"I played Miami as a freshman in the Orange Bowl and they had the No. 2 defense in the nation," McCown said. "But their defense had nothing on the A&M defense. They are a bunch of mean, big guys who wanted to kill me."

coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:

Wrong. The members of the big 12 are pounding their chest after our win against Bama suggesting that the SEC is overrated and saying that A&M is a middle of the pack big 12 team. We need to play them and take them behind the woodshed for the country and recruits to see.

That said, I would much rather get a BCS invite.

BCS invite for us. LSU or Georgia, etc. administers the loss. Win-win......for us and Deloss.
ghill79
AG
ACUAggie
drhuggybear
And the t.u. marketing spin begins ...

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/11/6/3610272/why-texas-wont-play-texas-a-m-in-the-cotton-bowl-football-rivalry-manziel
8T2
Keep in mind, that article was written BEFORE last Saturday. Much has changed. In one week. It is now no longer in our interest to play them.

The point about denial? It now applies to them, not us. Why give them legitimacy by playing them?

Oh, what a difference a week makes!
Cornerback31
AG
^^^^^^ And this attitude is exactly why we should ignore them.

Don't matter, we're going BCS anyway.
cajun89
AG
Nice post rook. Rational rivalry comments from a longhorn. Rare. I enjoyed it.

I want our annual game back. 3rd longest running college football rivalry should be reinstated.

The real college football world knows the story the way you described it.
epozehl

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.