Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Horns dont want to play A&M

15,452 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Sandman23
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Horn is right of course re Ags have more to lose now. But we're Aggies and we relish opp to compete and defeat, regardless of the stakes. We're different that way, DeLoss.
SidetrackAg
AG
quote:
I am an undergrad Horn, and I can tell you this is chicken-sheet. I really hope this is no BS, I want Texas to be pubically humiliated if DeLoss is trying to duck A&M. More specifically, I want DeLoss humiliated.

Texas A&M has completely stuck it to DeLoss. He was never counting on what looks like a 10-2 debut SEC season for the Aggies. Big congrats for that btw, I have enjoyed watching JFF.

Texas has more to gain by playing A&M that vice versa, all of the sudden. A&M will finish 10-2 in the SEC, Texas will finish 9-3 in the Big XII. Which do you think will get more accolades? Exactly.

DeLoss, the LHN, and UT are all royal losers in this deal. DeLoss should welcome the opportunity to salvage this by playing A&M. But DeLoss is scared, and rightfully so.

From Texas A&M perspective, it's all good. Any bowl victory will be sweet for A&M. It doesn't really have to be Texas. A&M has surpassed Texas on the field already. A head-to-head vs. Texas is riskier for A&M than for UT. Except for the fact that A&M appears to be the much better team.

I hope the Cotton works out with A&M vs Texas, but if it doesn't, I hope DeLoss is exposed for being a little gurl about it.

3rdGeneration08
AG
I think if it does happen it would be the most watched bowl game!
PabloSerna
AG
^ Exactly!
AGSmith
AG
Response from Chuck Cooperstein of ESPN 103.3FM in Dallas:

quote:
@Austin_say: UT told Cotton Bowl officials they would decline if A&M was the other team, it was said on ESPN Dallas. Scared of a Johnny football whoopin

quote:
@AGSmith2004: @KSTheSportsGuy @austin_say Apparently Galloway mentioned yesterday during his show yesterday that @coopmavs was reporting this

quote:
@coopmavs: @AGSmith2004 @KSTheSportsGuy @Austin_say Never reported as fact. Told Randy I was hearing stuff, but hadn't confirmed or denied anything
heddy Lamarr
AG
We share the sh*t outta me...I don't want to play us.
redjalapeno-87
I know the Texas players would welcome the challenge to play us to settle it on the field, but ol' butterteeth and DeLost are nothing but yellow-dog cowards. They are a disgrace to the fightin' spirit of the great state of Texas, and fans on both sides.
PabloSerna
AG
More DeLoss and Mack. Mack is a good coach (past him prime probably).
Stasco
AG
As much as it would absolutely suck for us to run out of time against the sips in the CB, can you imagine how our upperclassmen would be playing? After last year, they would basically play with the hate of a thousand suns. Honestly I think it would be the thrashing of the century and we wouldn't let off the gas until the last whistle blows and the refs have to call in the state troopers to drag our players off the field.
permabull
AG
MagnumLoad
If we win out convincingly, we will finish above the loser of the SEC champ game in the BCS.

Oh, and FL probably does not get past FSU.

[This message has been edited by MagnumLoad (edited 11/13/2012 2:09p).]
PabloSerna
AG
"the hate of 1,000 suns"

- nice!
sc_aggie
AG
After what I saw in the Swamp on Saturday (before ducking out early to watch the Ags), Florida wont get past Florida State. Now the question is where LSU falls.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Texas Aggies 35 sips 0.

Time for the second quarter to start. Huge TV audience will watch until we take JFF out.

We could finish in the top 5 if we go beat Clemson in a better bowl or squeeze past Florida and play ND or OU in the Sugar or Fiesta bowl.

Could the Aggies and Texans both go undefeated on the road and finish their seasons winning in New Orleans?
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
I want Texas to be pubically humiliated if DeLoss is trying to duck A&M

He was already ducking us. No way they want this game.
MSIE

Yeah but it looks worse now. Especially since A&M is kicking azz in the SEC.
FriscoKid
AG
Yesterday there was a lot of fear from our fans in playing this game.

That is a real shame IMO.
Brent_TH
AG
This sounds like a very big load of horse poop. It would be incredibly retarded for them to not accept a bid considering that the Cotton Bowl pays out about 7.5 million and the Holiday Bowl and Alamo Bowl pay out about 2.5 million.

Even if Dodds had a bug up his butt, the Texas administration isn't stupid and wouldn't let them decline the bid.

[This message has been edited by Brent_TH (edited 11/13/2012 3:02p).]
livershot93
AG
At what point do the t.u. brass finally get sick of all of the epic bad decisions by Deloss and fire his ass??
atfarmer
I don't think they can pick and choose. Course it is Texas, so they might try anyway
Scientific
AG
Even thought I'm not keen on playing them myself, I'd have no problem going to the Cotton bowl, and crush their Sudden Big 12 pride.

[This message has been edited by Scientific (edited 11/13/2012 2:53p).]
BTHOB-98
One thing not mentioned is how bad does JFF want to play the Horns. They thought he was not good enough to play QB. He might be an unstoppable force for that game and as we have seen this year they are not immovable object.
ssolari94
pacecar02
I think the bigger issue is Deloss not being in control of the match-up. Someone other than him telling him what he has to do. In short this was one of my main reasons for wanting to leave the Big12. Total ego/control thing

He might be fine playing us again on "his terms" on "his network"

f' him and F' that

I don't care who we play just as long as we fight!

Gig "Em
coupland boy
AG
quote:
Yesterday there was a lot of fear from our fans in playing this game.

That is a real shame IMO.

Could it be a case of Battered Aggie Syndrome? Sure......i'm guessing it may be a little of that for some.

My thing is who needs thw game more now? Who ended it because they thought it would harm us? If we play them we'd either kick their ass (good), close game and win (not as good as we sit RIGHT NOW), miss a critical PAT or field goal and lose (eternal scoreboard again).

If they hadn't got the **** kicked out of them by OU then a close win would still be ok. But they did get the **** kicked out of them and now they need us to in some way to salvage the perception of their season.

chalking it up to everyone being scared is just stupid though. Look at the bigger picture.

[This message has been edited by couplandboy (edited 11/13/2012 3:43p).]
HamptonTomatoes
AG
$450,000 to not play us. Not sure I am buying it.

Cotton
Arlington, TX
$3,625,000
PER TEAM PAY-OUT

Alamo
San Antonio, TX
$3,175,000
PER TEAM PAY-OUT
quidam65
t.u. better be careful what it wishes.

Because t.u. won't be getting Mississippi State as a replacement. They would be looking at LSU.

David Ash will NOT be thrilled being flat on his back looking up at KiKi Mingo and Sam Montgomery on nearly every play.

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this. -- Anonymous
Diet Cokehead
AG
I don't even think Deloss has the ability to turn down a bowl to go to a lesser bowl.

The fans on the various Longhorn message boards have been praying for weeks though that Deloss can somehow demand that they duck out from playing us.

We would slaughter them and they know it.
8T2
Don't kid yourself. The Cotton Bowl will not piss off the biggest Big 12 school in Texas. If Dodds doesn't want to play us, he will simply call his friends at the Cotton Bowl and tell them so.
4L Aggie
AG
Texas has the last scoreboard on us............they would have much more to lose (in addition to thier pride & recruits) by playing us. If played, can see us putting a beating on them a la Holiday Bowl 1990. Funny thing is, they know it too.
VonDaMan
AG
quote:
If Dodds doesn't want to play us, he will simply call his friends at the Cotton Bowl and tell them so.

Actually, a Board decides. And there are some Aggies on that Board, not all longhorns by any stretch.
coupland boy
AG
4L Aggie makes a compelling argument. I enjoyed that Holiday very much. If it happens i have confidence that Sumlin would have a killer attutude about it and havehave our guys ready. The seniors would probably make sure it's not close by themselves anyway. Definitely not the same team as last year.
Boris
Instead they'll probably be playing LSU who will destroy just as easily as we would.
Barnacle
AG
MSIE...HE MAD...lol...

nice first post by the way...sounds like that was therapeutic for you lol

quote:
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

- Jack Handey

012-MAN
AG
quote:

Don't kid yourself. The Cotton Bowl will not piss off the biggest Big 12 school in Texas. If Dodds doesn't want to play us, he will simply call his friends at the Cotton Bowl and tell them so.

Well the cotton bowl will no longer be the cotton bowl in 2 years. The Big12 will have no affiliation with the cotton. It will be an "access bowl" going forward.

i.e. The cotton does not have to play nice

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.