Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Horns dont want to play A&M

15,455 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Sandman23
spaceman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's a delicious dilemma tu faces. If they DON'T play us, they will slowly but surely lose the recruiting battle over the next few years, due to the (correct) perception of SEC superiority. If they DO play us and win, they can halt that trend in its tracks. But if they LOSE, then things get worse even faster. And losing is more likely. Nonetheless, playing us is their ONLY shot.
So it's like "Yeah they're too strong for us, but we gotta play them NOW before they get even stronger!"

This may not be accurate in all respects, but it's just so good I wrote it anyway.

Oh and I totally own page 4.

[This message has been edited by spaceman (edited 11/14/2012 6:11a).]
coastalaggie87
tu sucks
The Chicken Ranch
AG
tu needs to nut up and just play us annually. Period. End of story.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
I just don't believe Dodds and Mack have that type leverage over the Cotton Bowl committee when the financial potential of that matchup would be out of control.
TxAgswin
AG
This would be an absolute embarassment for anybody associated with t.u. Is there any precedent for a team just *****ing out on a bowl bid because of fear and pettiness? This is just plain cowardly. What a bunch of *******. Good riddance into your future of irrelevance t-sippers.
roycoy
Why would anyone not believe this story? There is a better chance of us winning by 30+ than tu pulling the upset. And tu knows this and they are scared. Last year debacle should not have happened but how can any Aggie sit back and smile of how the last 18 months transpired.
Bryanisbest
AG
Never pass up an opportunity to play tu. Never underestimate their ability to beat us in any given game. We can win that Cotton Bowl game if we play great. If we don't we will lose. Let's tee it up.
aggiesed8r
AG
Move beyond tu envy please. BCS bowl please. If by chance we get tu, then beat them and move on.
timoteo
I say just let them stew, we owe them nothing and they dont deserve to be on the same field imo.
schmellba99
AG
If it comes down to the choice between a BCS bowl and the Cotton, you choose the BCS without thinking twice. Simple math tells you that, along with more national noteriety and prestige.

However, if BCS isn't in the cards and the opportunity to play tu in the Cotton lands on our doorstep, we'd be idiots and fools to not jump all over that opportunity.

Sure, tu at this point in time has more to gain than to lose, and at this point in time we have more to lose than gain. But that is taking a snapshot of 1 second in the entire history of our programs. If you look at the entire history, we still have much more to gain than tu does.

Like it or not, their football program is, historically, ahead of ours. They have 3.5 national championships and a much more known brand. Up until this season, if networks had the choice between airing tu and A&M, 9 times out of 10 they aired tu. tu, regrettably, owns us in the overall series by a 2:1 ratio. We would have to win for the next 4 decades straight to even the series up.

To say that Texas A&M has nothing to gain from a potential Cotton Bowl matchup with tu is close minded and small thinking at best, and pretty much stupid at any other time. We still recruit against them. We still recruit against OU as well.

An old fashioned, nationally televised, behind the woodshed beatdown of tu on our first year in the SEC and after the debacle last year would go miles on the recruiting front, both in our head to head matchups with tu for recruits, but with OU as well. The opportunity to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that A&M has turned this program around and that we can not only compete in the SEC, but prison rape the Big 12-2+2-2 is not, by any stretch, a wasted effort.

I'd be all for it in the event that the BCS doesn't come knocking on our door wanting us to be the belle of the ball.
Sandman23
AG
schmellba99 is droppin' truth bombs...

couldn't have said it better myself

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.