Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

54,887 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Specifically what did the friend say to get the DOC language charge, according to the report?

young white chump calls grown adult black male a name that gets him charged.

Let's just let that one go.

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 6/29/2012 3:41p).]
TLIAC
AG
I am the public information officer and everything I released is public information. I will never give you information that the media does not have access to. The info came from the probable cause statements and those are sent out to the media every morning by the sheriff's office.

Part of my job is making sure the public has the correct information regarding incidents that occurr in our city.
diehard14
AG
So you are PR, got it.
8shotAg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jaWPQ3Z7FE
one and done
AG
The racial slur is going to be the bigger problem. It isn't attributed to Manziel but it is attributed to his friend.

I don't care about the fake drivers license, underage drinking or fight. I used someone else's id in college and drank underage and had friends who got into fights. This crap happens in college. 18-20 year olds are old enough to be away from parents but not old enough to drink? The age for drinking is completely arbitrary.

However, you can't be the leader of a team if your team thinks you or your friends are racists. This is a problem.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Be careful diehard, there's a lot of questioning of law abiding citizens going on in here....don't give them probable cause....yo ass might disappear....
Mr. Big Time
To stupid to play QB!
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
However, you can't be the leader of a team if your team thinks you or your friends are racists. This is a problem

Yea, not to mention the fact that the coach is black.
zmurda
I feel like I should stop harping on this...no I don't. Just a little tidbit about one of my pullovers... When I started to call the officer out on some of the unlawful procedures he was administering, he said something along the lines of "oh, that's just in the movies, son..."

Now, I hope that some of you can understand my reasons for wanting to make sure our rights are upheld. I literally almost fell out of my car I was so beside myself when he told me that....

Unbelievable. And now you can see why those particular charges were dropped. Not sure if the officer was disciplined (I seriously doubt it), but obviously should have been.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Re: Bucky - that's cool !
WolfCall
AG
quote:
You mean this kid made some of the same mistakes most of us made in college?
Burn him at the stake!

"...if a situation starts to go bad, you leave because that other guy out on the streets doesn't get to play in the stadium on Saturday, you do. When they write about it in the paper, it'll say so-and-so who plays this position at Texas Tech, who went to such-and-such high school and is from this town got into a fight with an unidentified male. They call him an unidentified male because he doesn't get to play in Jones Stadium..... There's a different standard for you. I don't care if it's fair.i don't care what he said. I don't care what kind of names he called you or what he might've said about someone in your family. It doesn't matter. You leave." Swing Your Sword pg 132
Lateralus Ag
AG
^

This.
Ragnar Danneskjold
We dont need rights, surely the police will guard those for us and tell us when they apply - serfs

Lateralus Ag
AG
I am sure that guy was toting a 4 oz bottle of shampoo that warranted that modified strip search.

Come on Ragnar, have some sense.
Baseball1970
Aggies don't lie, cheat, steal or tolerate those who do. Beat it, Manziel.
saximus maximus
He has some fire in him... good. It's not like he started it, just finished it. We could use some of those on our team... JFF ftw or GTFO!
saximus maximus
Although, if he lost the fight to the 47 year old... my feelings are a little different
seanp39
I should just concede to the pc world but even if he used a racial slur, how is that any different than calling the guy a poo poo face? Its just words people, damn.
ElephantRider
AG
Or this...

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 6/29/2012 5:11p).]
csagyo
Ragnar, why you mentioning my name lol?? and I didn't party that much!!!
BaseballFan04
As far as fake IDs go I know for a fact Johnny had a good one.. I have no idea why in the hell he would show it to a cop... its not like he had alcohol in his hand.. the dude was in a fight, you are going to get in trouble whether you are 19 or 23... thats the real dumb part here. everyone gets in fights, **** happens. the fake ID thing is what boggles my mind. I think that ratched up the scrutiny quite a bit because no one really would have cared if the dude got arrested for fighting.. People would have just said he was "scrappy"
The Telepathetic
AG
It would still matter because he was involved in a stupid incident. I don't see how people view it as okay or normal for a young man to be caught by the police fighting. Yeah maybe if he was a linebacker or in another aggressive position you could say its admirable that he has some fight in him, but he's not in that position.
Do you think Sumlin thinks it is a good thing he can fight? I think a coach would prefer a player, especially a QB, to be cool and level headed in any situation.

Just my 2 cents though
carpe vinum
AG
I almost feel bad for him.
By the time Larry Jackson and Summy are through with him this summer...

It ain't gonna be pretty.
LaurAg
Zmurda,
It's a little different when the cop is your Dad.

Laura
TyHolden
AG
quote:
I don't see how people view it as okay or normal for a young man to be caught by the police fighting. Yeah maybe if he was a linebacker or in another aggressive position you could say its admirable that he has some fight in him, but he's not in that position.

ask bucky...not the lb. i saw him kick some a$$ on several occasions...
WolfCall
AG
http://arrestnation.com/tag/college-football/
Arrest Nation
johnnyg88
Why do you think we just bought that law school?
Jim Benson 63
AG
Only two things I want to know:

1. Who "started" the fight?

2. What was the "reason" for the fight?

3. Who 'won" the fight?

I know, that's 3.
ght
AG
Fulmer Cup
stetson
AG
Johnny's got swag!
VatoLocoAggie
Nothing to see here, move along.
We all did goofy things like this and the fake ID cards is a victimless minor misdemeanor. Not that big of a deal and was probably planted there by some tu Sip supporter. He wasn't driving under the influence like Kindle and Blackmon and he didn't kill anyone like Gaylor players do.

I think it was noble and honorable that JM was willing to stand up and intervene between two people who were going to fight and deescalate a racial incident. He should be commended and not punished for trying to stop a fight before he was sucker punched and was forced to defend himself.

Don't believe all the lies in the tu infested rag journalism.

SEC PROUD!
THEH1Raider-98
AG
If we weren't deep at QB I'd be worried. One strike....Suspend him, let the smoke blow over, move on.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
I think it was noble and honorable that JM was willing to stand up and intervene between two people who were going to fight and deescalate a racial incident. He should be commended and not punished for trying to stop a fight before he was sucker punched and was forced to defend himself.

THE LOVER
Sad.

[This message has been edited by THE LOVER (edited 6/29/2012 11:01p).]
unmade bed
quote:

Neither of the parties involved in the fight were seriously injured.

Well that is slightly disappointing. If you want to play QB in the SEC you better damn well be able to cause serious injuries when you get in fistfights.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.