Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Johnny Football (Manziel) Arrested

54,885 Views | 344 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Bodhi
zmurda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Look man, I'm all for libertarian rights and I've seen plenty of cops who needed to be taken down a peg, but that kid is a tool.

I agree to an extent SP, but I think 99% of cops need to be taken down a peg. I hate to spout off the stereotype that most street cops are complete morons who barely graduated HS, but it's true way too often. I went to school with at least 5 kids that are now cops and they are all complete neanderthals, who I imagine got into police work because it was their last resort for getting a real job. I'd love to say that the boys in blue are the best of the best, but I think we're all too often reminded that they are blatantly not.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
I would defend the Constitutional protections and God-given rights of longhorns, if they were people.

Blue star for pure awesomeness!
Houston Summit
AG
What a moron. If you have a fake ID, use it to get into the bars. Don't show it to the facking cops
AgGermany
AG
Kick JFF off team, pull his ship... Not his first offense... Loser
zmurda
^ boo
ReasonableTexan
quote:
quote:

dont f with libertarians

FIFY.

[This message has been edited by Lateralus Ag (edited 6/29/2012 11:48a).]

Do F with libertines

FIFBOY
diehard14
AG
Rag
AgGermany
AG
... Ags hisssssss!
Kentatm
Sorry but I'd like the cops to talk to a person to see whats up if they are walking down the street with a gun out for everyone to see.

So the F what if its legal to do? This isn't the wild West. The guy was in Portland. Hardly a place you need flash a piece to get around safely.
zmurda
^ let me guess....you would have upheld yesterday too
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Sorry but I'd like the cops to talk to a person to see whats up if they are walking down the street with a gun out for everyone to see.

So the F what if its legal to do? This isn't the wild West. The guy was in Portland. Hardly a place you need flash a piece to get around safely.

Not the point. And why are you worried about people that aren't breaking the law? You probably aren't breaking the law right now but...maybe we should bring you in for questioning just to make sure....
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:

So the F what if its legal to do? This isn't the wild West. The guy was in Portland. Hardly a place you need flash a piece to get around safely

If this guy went on a shooting rampage, people would ask why nobody bothered to stop him and ask any questions while walking down the street holding a gun. That video is for pure shock value and does not mean that 'our rights are being taken away' by the police.
ElephantRider
AG
Oregon is an open carry state. It was completely legal for him to carry the gun.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:

Yeah, but its not up to the cops. The act of stopping someone with a gun to ask "what's up" is more illegal. Its like stoping someone for carrying an envelope. IT MIGHT HAVE ANTHRAX IN IT!

In fact, the guy with the gun could have been carrying anthrax and a good lawyer would get him off because he was stopped illegally.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 12:30p).]
PapaKilo
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
That video is for pure shock value and does not mean that 'our rights are being taken away' by the police.

His rights werent being taken away, no one can do that. Even if the government makes a law restricting freedom os speech, you still have it, they have just violated it.They were being violated (that's not a semantic battle, they were illegally violated by definition).

Dont be a serf. Question people who illegally confront you.
Kentatm
Great. Piss and moan about rights being violated but the fact remains there is no good reason to walk around with a gun in the middle of Portland and then be belligerent about it when a cop stops you b/c concerned citizens called it in if you have done nothing wrong.

The guy did it for show. He was being an attention ***** and a ***** to prove a petty point.

Ragnar Danneskjold
You think people exercise their rights to prove petty points?

How shameful. People died for those rights. A lot of them.

As far as carrying a gun, you have no idea why he carries it. Maybe he lives in a bad neighborhood. Maybe he gets mugged all the time. Maybe he is trying to avoid being a victim. Maybe smarter men than you and I wrote it down somewhere that he can.

As far as proving a "petty point", I imagine it was something like: A law abiding citizen cannot walk down the street without being accused of being a criminal with no cause".

If police had been outside stopping people because they were on their way to vote would that also be petty in your mind? There are no such thing as petty rights.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/29/2012 12:36p).]
rojack
AG
What a dummy!! No excuse for any of these problems. Don't want someone qbacking the Aggies who is thinking about his illegal actions for the night. Period. No excuses. (I have been one of his fans since he was at Tivy. Now, he needs re-hab by riding the bench for a year.)
diehard14
AG
Relate it to flag burning. Perfectly legal, but I bet you a lot of people who call in with a "reason for concern" and someone would probably tell you to stop. But it's perfectly legal.

Truth is, you don't need a reason to do something LEGAL. It doesn't matter if he was baiting the cop or not. It still happened.
Knightlight
Kid screwed up and went exactly where he needed to go....Jail. Some of you make me wonder if you failed out of a police academy or just got busted to many times for your stupid actions.
Lateralus Ag
AG
In the paradigm I exist in, it's none of your ****ing business why I am carrying a gun until I pull it out and point it at your dumb ass...
ATL Aggie
AG
The kid clearly wanted it to happen so that he could assert his rights and show up a cop. So what? The video is still awesome.
zmurda
sorry guys, but I agree with Rags wholeheartedly here. I think it's funny that you question this scenario, but then ***** and moan about yesterday's decision. In my eyes, yesterday's decision was a much bigger extrapolation of this cop's exploitation in the video. You might not see the significance, but it's the little things that continually keep getting worse and worse when it comes to individual rights. It's these little things that have rapidly made America far different from what it was 50 years ago. Think what it's going to be like in another 50 years if we allow this type of stuff to go on unchecked and unbridled. That's not a country that our forefathers dreamed of and sure as hell not one that I'd be proud of. The ever-increasing size and scope of the federal government HAS to stop. Period.
Hellbent
AG
"Fake ID, Failure to Identify and Fighting!!" Looks to me like we found ourselves a starting quarterback.

Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
sorry guys, but I agree with Rags wholeheartedly here

Of course you do...You are a libertarian...

ie, you have some ****ing sense.
Kentatm
Oh bullsh-t. This guy is no better than James O'Keefe and his tooltastic ambush and selectively edit the truth style.

He purposely wandered around with a gun out and had his camera ready. He wanted to be approached.

and spare me the "people died for our rights" flag you just wrapped that tool in.

he was being a petty jackwagon.

diehard14
AG
BEING A JACKWAGON IS NOT ILLEGAL

Why the **** don't you people understand that?
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
BEING A JACKWAGON IS NOT YET ILLEGAL

FIFY.
diehard14
AG
True lat.
zmurda
he may have done this on purpose, but who cares why he did it. If he did it just to show that cops regularly overstep their bounds, then that's enough for me. I wish people would make these videos more often to make more transparent how often our rights as US citizens are overlooked.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I realized something the other day...the reason our rights are being utterly destroyed is because this country is full of vaginas walking around claiming to be men.

You see, it takes balls to defend yourself and your own rights. If you're too chicken **** to do it yourself, you gotta get another guy with bigger balls to do it for you....in other words, you're renting this guys balls....well, said guy with the balls realizes that he's in the best position here, and he tells you how you have to follow his rules so that he can protect you...

Fast forward a few years and you have East ****ing Germany....

God, I try to be a nice guy, but sometimes people are ****ing idiots.
Knightlight
JACKWAGONS should not have guns.......Too many idiots are VERY poor shooters and should not be in a public setting with a weapon.

The Officer did not randomly contact this dip stick he responded to a call of a citizen. If a citizen reports suspicious activity the Officer will investigate such activity. The Officer appeared green and was unsure of how to deal with a dip stick like that guy...lets just say that would have ended very poorly for this guy if he did that in TX.
Kentatm
lol

so now if somebody disagrees with you they are a vag ehh?

tell us how you really feel brah.

Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
would have ended very poorly for this guy if he did that in TX.

And you're proud that we have a bunch of unstable jack-booted thugs parading as "keepers of the peace" around here....

You people are ****ing doomed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.