Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Renovation Ideas

128,947 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by bigangrytexan
Kceovaisnt-
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Please tell us if this is an Addition/Alteration, or a tear down and rebuild? ...along with is this a "form follows function", or "function follows form" solution. And, if the projected desired requirement of 120,000 seats will be accomodated??

It is an alteration that will require a lot of demolition. This is a form follows function design as most stadiums are and the 120,000 seats is a ridiculous figure. The Heery design called for 115K and even that is not a realistic number to hit. The capacity has been discussed to death previously. I originally calculated 107K based on the existing seating area to current capacity ratio applied to the increased seating area. However if the seats are widened by 2 to 4 inches each, the capacity drops to between 100K and 105K.

quote:
In Government Projects at least 3 solutions are required from which the powers that be (think bowtie and AD, etc.,) will choose the alternative they think best to pursue to final documents, bidding and construction.

Assuming this actually gets that far, this doesn't have to be a solo act. Others can and should contribute. I would rather not take time to create alternative versions unless there was more in it for me. I commute 3 hours a day and usually work 50 hour weeks.

Chach - Give the brick a chance.

I am finished building the solid model on all sides. I am working on creating the materials and surface mapping as well as lights (exterior) I have not begun the surrounding areas but that is next on the list. I still plan on polishing more details into the model after rendering a few more update images.

Look to see new renders by Thursday or Friday!
Fountain
Can't wait. You've done a helluva job, Kceovaisnt-. Doing this detailed laden work in your spare time is remarkable. I hope someone, that truly matters, will notice your work and pay attention to the influences that have come from the voices that normally "don't matter".
bebousmc04
AG
Interesting look...
jrodwh00p
AG
i think everyone would be up for droping the field level and bringing the fans closer to the playing surface.

we need to get rid of that &@!% track.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mugsy01
jimmy1607
AG

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
neAGle96
AG
Kceovaisnt-

Why not carry the look of the Zone all the around?
Copp
Is today the day?!
jdv99
A suitable,VISIBLE place needs to be planned for the Spirit of '02 to go. As of now the canon is not visible enough. Should be seen AND heard.
fivestars378
Along with that idea for the Spirit of '02, how about a section devoted to honoring members of the corps? I'd love to see A&M continue to embrace a military tradition and somehow incorporate that into the design of a new stadium.
Lobster Twins
AG
I agree.

If we don't make it an uncompromising point to maintain our history/tradition/gameday experience we will end up becoming what we have always taken pride in distinguishing ourselves from.

We must demand this or we will become just another Va Tech.

I guess we will see if A&M is now truly about the dollar.

Copp
Paging Kceovaisnt...
J.D.
AG

The stadium renovation will end up like this football season: full of high hopes of something great, but end up with mediocrity.
XpressAg09
AG
Bump just cuz...
aggielax036
AG
Fist bump
clintron
AG
ahhh.. You guys got my hopes up.
fieldtrailer
AG
Cant wait to see a half empty stadium watch an average team underachieve against another average SEC team that comes in here, takes one look at our arrogant ass stadium which fuels their otherwise don't care attitudes which results in another loss and more head scratching.

I could be wrong.
Copp
TTT
Bhodges06
AG
This is very awesome. With the SEC providing us with more away fans and larger ticket allotments, this is a great idea.
SEC-Ag
AG
ttt !

kceo, any more tinkering to unveil ?
gamck
Looks great. How much do you expect it too cost?
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
The pictures motis put up are beautiful.
Reno Hightower
Since we are going to the SEC any Kyle field renovation should include...........shrubbery.
Sharpshooter
AG
Shrubbery?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbtcmjfKa8
DevilD77
AG
quote:
i think everyone would be up for droping the field level and bringing the fans closer to the playing surface.

we need to get rid of that &@!% track.

Need the track for march in.
grl38
AG
need two screens or the fans in the south end will have sore necks by the 4th quarter!
yeahtoast
AG
This thread is fantastic.

Thanks for all your hard work manifesting our pipe dreams, it's refreshing from the coaching hoopla that currently abounds.

DevilD77
AG
quote:
need two screens or the fans in the south end will have sore necks by the 4th quarter!

I thought the original idea was to have four screens, one at each corner?
clintron
AG
I still like this idea..
85AustinAg
AG
I don't. lets stick to designing uniforms and helmets...
Copp
ttt
BillOnCapitolHill

[This message has been edited by BillOnCapitolHill (edited 1/25/2012 1:05a).]
Go Aggies!
Three Stage Remodeling

1. The South Zone
2. West Stands
3. East Stands
BillOnCapitolHill
One stage

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.