Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

We all knew this was coming

58,177 Views | 260 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by rausr
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:

i talked to him and he kicked a puppy and says waffles are a subpar food

Son of a beitch dared speak that way about waffles!! That's going too far!
boxerdemon
If we lose AAU status...good god...
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Picked a bad day to ignore TexAgs!!!!!!!!!
iPanic
AG
You are Toole, you son of a *****.

Hope you enjoyed your job, *****. Because you won't have it for long I can promise you that.
nomadic_ag
AG
I should have put more butter on this popcorn.
boxerdemon
Loftin is nothing but a toadie. That's all. Deal with it, rednecks.

Also: Face!
Post removed:
by user
boxerdemon
If you have to ask, you don't really follow A&M academics.
Post removed:
by user
boxerdemon
You are one of those parents who tell kids that they are best "seen and not heard", right?
biobioprof
why was this thread bumped today?

quote:
For those who attended A&M before Gates, can someone brief us on what he did to "set us on the right path" and what is being done to destroy it?

I didn't attend A&M, but I've been on the faculty since Mobley was president. I view what Gates did as an extension of what Ray Bowen started by getting us into the AAU and setting the Vision 2020 goals. Gates did a number of things that helped the univ. community believe that Vision 2020 could be real and not just a typical bs visioning exercise. These included the push to hire more faculty, launching initiatives for construction, and leadership on the national level in things like how TAMU dealt with affirmative action and post-9/11 issues for international scholars. Gates, along with a BoR that was dominated by Bush appointees, gave people the hope that A&M would stop being an academic sleeping giant.

This rise in stature and the idea that a president@tamu could do big things for a "special American institution" was reflected in the quality of applicants we got to be his replacement, and in the quality of applicants we got for other admin positions while he was here.

What has been done to destroy it is that the Perry appointments to the BoR, and McKinney as chancellor didn't like the idea of the inmates running the asylum. They have a very different vision of what higher ed is about, and are convinced that a higher ed cost bubble elsewhere means that A&M should provide a first-class education with third-class resources and good-ol-boy cronies in positions of power.

That's my sense of that POV.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
carpe vinum
AG
You doofii have completely missed the beauty of this thread bump.
superunknown
AG
In my opinion, the Bonfire tragedy pretty much neutered Ray Bowen and how effective he could be as President. Bowen started Vision 2020 and a lot of things, but Robert Gates carried it out in a way that not only made sense for the future but also mollified old Ags who thought we'd become "just like everyone else". Gates essentially carved out a path that both new Army and old Army could agree with.
biobioprof
quote:
But as I seem to remember, Texas Monthly commented on Texas A&M being the best public university in Texas before Gates arrived.

Yes, that was during Ray Bowen's time.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/1997-04-01/feature registration required to read.

The biggest change was obviously thanks to Rudder.
Post removed:
by user
iPanic
AG
Are you people this ****ing stupid?

You have the CFO of the AD calling out the President of the University and you are in a side argument over Gates?

WTF is the matter with you people?

You should be out trying to fry this piece of *****

My God. Losers.
superunknown
AG
quote:
What was that new path?

Keeping our traditions/values intact while maintaining A&M as a unique place and bringing up the academic side to meet the "other education" side. Better faculty, better facilities, better research, etc.
boxerdemon
Oi! Lookit heah! Wot we got heah is tha endayngehd "Aristotle" troll! Verrrrry rehr! People av unted this troll to da brink of extinction!

Wot dey do, is ask questions ovah and ovah! Just like Aristotle! Dey think it makes 'em smaht! But wot has happened is dat people ahr too lazy to type out fifteen paharagraphs to answeh dose questions! So there ahrn't many of dese trolls left!
BurtonGuster
Wow
Post removed:
by user
DustysLineup
AG
You idiots, Utay got outed as Jeff Toole today and you're arguing about whether Loftin is living up to Ray Bowen's legacy?

WTF? TexAgs is full of wannabe know-it-alls who are too stupid to look at the date on the OP to realize there's a reason why an old thread got bumped.
boxerdemon
Why? It's a public school. Not hard to get in.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
boxerdemon
Poors
DustysLineup
AG
Are boxerdemon and Average Guy smoking from the same bowl?
BurtonGuster
Congratulations.
You guys completely ruined a solid thread bump by arguing over something completely irrelevant. Please leave TexAgs and never come back
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
quote:
Some of the policies implemented at the A&M System in recent years have recently been hot topics of discussion — and the focus of a rebuke from the Association of American Universities, an elite organization of research universities — in the ongoing debate about the future of higher education in the state.

Can anyone elaborate on this?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
harge57
AG
Shut up and embrace the reason this was bumped.

Jeff Toole who is Utay Ag on this thread was ripping Loftin 6 months ago.

??? Do you get it ??? Shut up about Gates.
Yale
Interesting that Toole was mentioned in the FOIA requests released this week by The Midnight Yell.
boxerdemon
What happened is that people kept ripping Loftin and someone took offense and a slapfight erupted.
AgResearch
AG
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/aggies/2011/11/aggies-athletics-cfo-admits-to-calling-am-president-putz/
dreyOO
my God, in a sad/hysterically funny way, this thread is TYPICAL texas aggie stupidity

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.