Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bralon Addison decommits from OSU

10,264 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Indignitas
SwampFox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
We have recruiting smack, awesome. They have scoreboard....times 3.

Let's just worry about Sherman beating Gundy for the FIRST time in his career before we run our mouths about a single recruit. I highly doubt Bralon Addison will guarantee us victories against OSU for the next 4 years.

Good luck to the man wherever he ends up, hopefully College Station.

Good grief, broheim... grow some nuts.

We used to slap Okie Lite around with regularity and we're going to be back to owning them again starting this coming
season.

So, we spent sone time lost in the wilderness... well, we've found our mojo again and it just so happens that our beating the Okie Liters on the recruiting trail is proceeding our beating them on the field this year. Rejoice!

I think you need this new product I saw advertised on TV this morning before I left for work: they're diapers for kids 4 and up... they make it so you can't wet the bed.
Aggie Deuce
With regularity huh? We're 5-5 against them over the last 10 years and 2-3 over the last 5 with both those wins coming by a grand total of 2 points. Going to a sample size of anything more than 10 games is for losers and indicative of nothing as far as the current going ons.

They have had four 9 or more win seasons in that decade span. Do you know how many we have in that decade span? two. You speak predictions of what you think will happen...I want results. Its not like their program is swirling down the toilet or they're not returning a loaded top 10 team that will be ranked higher than us. The Cotton Bowl beatdown, another bowl loss, told me a lot of what I need to know about Sherm going into next season. If we don't win the conf. Or at least finish second to an OU team that is playing for the NC I don't think Sherm is the man for the job, at least get us to a national power.

And as far as recruiting against them we should be blowing them away, what are you talking about? You're making stuff up. When did this years class sign or when was it set in stone? Last time I checked signing day is a wee bit away.

Here's what that one site ranked the position groups in last years class, something that is actually on paper and not just talk or predictions like what's coming from you swamp. I want wins, not made up recruiting stats or "battles". I don't know about you but I see us ranked behind OSU significantly more than not.

I don't know if I'm supposed to post this so staff please delete if not.

-----.com analyst ------- ranks the Big 12's 2011 recruiting classes by position.

Quarterback

Oklahoma State was the lone team to sign a four-star quarterback in the class with Rivals100 prospect and Army All-American J.W. Walsh. Kansas and Iowa State each signed a pair of passers to come in next in the rankings. Kansas State is hoping junior college transfer Justin Tuggle can make an impact early while Michael Brewer, Johnny Manziel and David Ash will have chances to compete early in their careers at Texas Tech, Texas A&M and Texas, respectively. Baylor did not sign a quarterback in the class.

1) Oklahoma State
2) Kansas
3) Iowa State
T4) Missouri
T4) Oklahoma
T4) Texas
T4) Texas A&M
T4) Texas Tech
9) Kansas State
10) Baylor

Running Back

Texas signed the No. 1 running back in the nation in Malcolm Brown and it would surprise no one to see him break into the starting lineup as a true freshman. Oklahoma went into Texas and grabbed fellow five-star back Brandon Williams while Oklahoma State picked up Rivals100 prospect Herschel Sims. Texas Tech signed three backs, led by four-star Kenny Williams and Kansas got a huge steal in four-star Darrian Miller, the all-time leading rusher in the state of Missouri. Two teams did not sign running backs this year.

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma
3) Texas Tech
4) Oklahoma State
5) Kansas
T6) Baylor
T6) Iowa State
8) Texas A&M
T9) Kansas State
T9) Missouri

Wide Receiver

Oklahoma signed the nation's No. 2 wideout in five-star prospect Trey Metoyer and also got the signature from four-star Kameel Jackson to top the rankings here. Texas Tech signed four quality players at the position, led by four-star prospects Derek Edwards and Marcus Kennard with speedy Jakeem Grant possibly being a big steal. Texas signed Rivals100 receiver Jaxon Shipley, who many expect to play very early in his career. No other teams signed four-star prospects at the position.

1) Oklahoma
2) Texas Tech
3) Texas
4) Oklahoma State
5) Iowa State
6) Kansas State
7) Baylor
T8) Kansas
T8) Missouri
10) Texas A&M

Tight End

Texas Tech just started using a tight end under new head coach Tommy Tuberville and it got one of the best in the country in Jace Amaro.The Rivals100 prospect is a solid blocker and receiver. Texas signed four-star M.J. McFarland while Oklahoma got a solid receiving signee in four-star Max Stevenson and a good blocker in three-star Dan Tapko. Only five teams in the conference signed tight ends in the class.

1) Texas Tech
2) Oklahoma
3) Texas
4) Iowa State
5) Kansas State
T6) Baylor
T6) Kansas
T6) Missouri
T6) Oklahoma State
T6) Texas A&M

Offensive Line

Texas took a big O-line haul in the 2011 class with five signees, led by four-star prospects Garrett Greenlea, Josh Cochran and Sedrick Flowers. Texas Tech and Texas A&M each signed four linemen and each had a four-star signee with Tony Morales and Joseph Cheek, respectively. Baylor held off Texas late to keep Rivals250 offensive tackle Spencer Drango while Oklahoma grabbed in-state four-star Dylan Dismuke.

1) Texas
2) Texas Tech
3) Texas A&M
4) Kansas
5) Baylor
6) Oklahoma
7) Oklahoma State
8) Missouri
9) Kansas State
10) Iowa State

Defensive Tackle

Oklahoma did very well at the position signing three four-star prospects. Jordan Phillips could play on either side of the ball but will start out at defense in Norman. He is complemented by Marquis Anderson and Jordan Wade. Texas signee Desmond Jackson is undersized but incredibly quick on the interior, while Quincy Russell can stuff the run. Missouri signed one of the top overall junior college prospects in the country in Sheldon Richardson, who also signed with the Tigers out of high school. Two teams did not sign any defensive tackles.

1) Oklahoma
2) Texas
3) Oklahoma State
4) Missouri
5) Baylor
6) Kansas State
7) Texas A&M
8) Texas Tech
T9) Iowa State
T9) Kansas

Defensive End

Texas Tech signed six ends with several being signing day surprises. The Red Raiders stole longtime Oklahoma commit Cooper Washington and pulled in Leon Mackey, Branden Jackson and Desimon Green from out of state. Oklahoma and Texas each only signed one prospect at the position but they were good ones in four-star prospects Nathan Hughes and Cedric Reed, respectively. Texas A&M only signed one as well but beat out Texas on signing day for the signature of Brandon Alexander. Kansas signee Michael Reynolds could be the sleeper of the entire class.

1) Texas Tech
2) Kansas State
T3) Oklahoma
T3) Texas
5) Kansas
T6) Missouri
T6) Texas A&M
T8) Baylor
T8) Oklahoma State
10) Iowa State

Linebacker

Texas, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and Kansas all signed a lot of players at the position and were the top four teams in the conference. Texas had three four-stars in Steve Edmond, Kendall Thompson and Chet Moss to easily take top honors. No other team signed a four-star linebacker. A&M and Kansas signed five each, while Oklahoma State signed four.

1) Texas
2) Oklahoma State
3) Texas A&M
4) Kansas
5) Oklahoma
T6) Missouri
T6) Texas Tech
8) Baylor
T9) Iowa State
T9) Kansas State

Defensive Back

Texas and Texas A&M led the way in the secondary with Texas signing three four-star prospects and A&M signing two. Texas signee Quandre Diggs was the state's top corner while Sheroid Evans is a track star who has all the tools to excel. A&M got a big signing day surprise when it stole four-star corner Floyd Raven from Ole Miss and it had a longtime commitment from one of the top big safeties in the country, Howard Matthews. Baylor, Missouri, Kansas State and Kansas all loaded up in the secondary, signing four defensive backs apiece.

1) Texas
2) Texas A&M
3) Baylor
T4) Kansas State
T4) Missouri
6) Kansas
7) Oklahoma State
8) Iowa State
T9) Oklahoma
T9) Texas Tech

Athlete

Texas Tech signed three versatile prospects as DeAndre Washington, Ronnie Daniels and J.J. Gaines are all dangerous with the ball in their hands. Texas four-star signee Mykkele Thompson rushed for nearly 3,000 yards from his QB position as a senior but will likely be a defensive back in Austin. Kansas beat out several schools for four-star athlete Anthony Pierson. Two schools did not sign any prospects classified in the athlete category.

1) Texas Tech
T2) Kansas
T2) Texas
T4) Kansas State
T4) Oklahoma State
6) Oklahoma
7) Iowa State
8) Texas A&M
T9) Baylor
T9) Misso

[This message has been edited by Aggie Deuce (edited 5/3/2011 10:01a).]
PFlat
AG
deuce = troll.
rausr
AG
Yes but he's a hard-working troll that spent a bunch of time typing and compiling that last post.

Trolling with that much effort is its own reward.
Bryan98
AG
I have to say, with his earlier posts I thought that Deuce was just trying to keep it real, and I felt that the ad hominem attacks on him were fanboyish and immature. Well, they are still that, but after going out of his way to write an epic novel about how OSU is better than A&M, I've got to agree that he's a troll. No Aggie would take such pains to down his team.

"Texas - It's still America down here."
PFlat
AG
a BUNCH of okielite fans call themselves "aggies" b/c they used to be oklahoma a&m yadda yadda (yawn). just pointing out that his username is not necessarily referring to the Fightin' Texas Aggies.

[This message has been edited by ag-i-doc (edited 5/3/2011 10:32a).]
Aggie Deuce
Please refute any facts in my post.

If you don't pound the kool-aid you're a troll. Like I said, find some fictional information in my post. It didn't take me long, it's called cut and paste. You can do that from websites.

dimbo333
AG
Duece is a troll
tylhair
AG
Deuce is a troll.

[This message has been edited by koolaid (edited 5/3/2011 2:21p).]
gigem2011
Deuce,

Take a chill my man. You're getting way too fired up about what is going on with a bunch of 17-21 year old kids. When you are that upset and that invested that you start calling for someone to be fired if they are not THE best in the country, it may be a sign that you care a little too much about a GAME. That is what it is after all, i'm all for being a big fan and wanting the best for your team, but get real. Your posturing on a message board makes no difference other than getting you a little fired up.
Stasco
AG
Hey Dipsh**, er Deuce, I stopped reading after I saw that you posted something about A&M being 8 on the list in terms of running back recruits.

Maybe the list predates Trey Williams. If that's the case, why post it now? If not, how can you possibly be that stupid?
gigem2011
Que stasco reading a little more closely and realizing that article is for the 2011 class and trey williams is 2012 and then realizing that he just called someone else stupid.
Stasco
AG
My apologies, you were talking about last year's class. Well, I guess we're all screwed at RB since Cyrus and CMike both graduated.

Oh wait.....what's that? They're BOTH playing THIS YEAR? Gee whiz, perhaps Sherman isn't such an idiot after all.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I weep for the 2012 class of tacklers
Fish-N-Chips
AG
Aggie Deuce= Aggie D ou che?

Plus time and time again, we have proven that Rivals Stars mean nothing.

Get off your knees man.
Sean Jeffrey Babineaux IV
AG
Deuce

Gig'em
A Person
AG
Hate to derail the lovely little fight, but where would we play him at? Obviously not QB
Aggie Deuce
Nice faceplant stasco.

The whole point of this is all we can talk right now is recruiting victories against Gundy. It's embarassing that we have a coach that is winless against OSU. That's the whole point of the post. Say that out loud....winless against Oklahoma State. We don't even have a winning record against them over the past decade. We should never be equal or behind them as a program.

This whole thread was recruiting smack, so allsome, that really goes far. I want victories. OSU has aruably been a better football program than us over the last decade....it's 100% unacceptable. 10 years that school in Stillwater has been our equal. We're creaming ourselves over a 9 win season for crying out loud...where we got curb stomped in a bowl game in embarrassing fashion.

Our expectations must be much higher. 9 wins should be an average and somewhat down year. Sherman has to put up or shutup this season. 10-11 wins and 2nd place conf. finish minimum is what I expect.

Until then we can celebrate recruiting battles...seems to be the norm around here.

[This message has been edited by Aggie Deuce (edited 5/3/2011 4:45p).]
oldarmy1
AG
At the end of the day, it's still okie-lite. I mean they have one old decrepped rich dude propping up the trailer.

I have a rich uncle too but would never go live in his house.
PFlat
AG
did you deuce yer brains out?
we're fine. we'll beat okielite at kyle in 2011. it'll be fine.
gigem2011
DOESN'T EVERYONE NOW THAT OUR EXPECTATIONS ON AN INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD HAS A DIRECT IMPACT ON THE RESULTS ON THE FIELD! MAYBE IF WE GET ANGRY AND WRITE IN ALL CAPS SHERMAN WILL GET THE MESSAGE THAT HE BETTER WIN OR TEXAGS WILL FIRE HIM!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!
gigem2011
Seriously though, for the guy that asked what position. He will most likely be a slot receiver but could end up as a corner as well. I'm hoping he stays offense, guy is explosive with the ball in his hands. Plus seeing him, Trey Williams, and Matt Davis on the field all together would be pretty exciting!
A Person
AG
Thanks, gigem2011. After watching the video, him at slot seems like a pretty awesome deal
Indignitas
AG
quote:
they used to be oklahoma a&m yadda yadda (yawn)
The history of our country's land grant schools is full of interesting coincidences and a reflection of our young nation's growth into adulthood. IT IS NOT BORING!!!!
Indignitas
AG
If you've got time to read the 7-page troll above, take 5 minutes and read this too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_land-grant_universities

[This message has been edited by NOLA96 (edited 5/3/2011 5:19p).]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.