Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Its a trap! (LSU edition)

6,907 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Signel
hud1225
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

LSU fans smell just like corn dogs.

Yes, it is often said, but so, so true.

LSU fans do smell like corn dogs.

I would never tell them that to their face though. This is something better said at internet distances. Even now, I am afraid.

I am afraid that they’ll know I said it. I’ll walk past an LSU fan someday, and he’ll see that look in my eye that gives it away. That look that says, “gee, what is that smell? Is it corn dogs?” The next thing you know, I’ll have flat tires on my car.

If you only learn one thing from me today, remember not to tell LSU fans how they smell – you know, like corn dogs.

LSU fans seem, somehow, sensitive to that whole corn dog issue.

I think this may be why a lot of fans get beaten up by LSU fans. If you attend a game in Baton Rouge, try to avoid telling them that they smell like corn dogs. Say something else instead. Like, “Wow, LSU sure does have a great team this year. This is going to be a great SEC game.”

It’s hard. I know. It’s like when you’re having sex and you try to think about baseball. That corn dog smell is just so overwhelming. It makes it hard for you to think about football or baseball or whatever else. Your brain wanders into corn dog topics like: “Gee, I wonder if I took a bite of your finger, if you would taste just like a corn dog?”; or “Is this a real person or is it a giant corn dog trying to make me think it is a real person?” or “What did that giant corn dog just say?” or “Excuse me, Mister, why is it that you smell just exactly like corn dogs smell?” or, of course, after a silencer: “Madam, did you just let the corn dogs out?”

Heck, after what I’ve heard about LSU fans, I think it may be better not to smell them at all. Okay, not all of them. Some of them are nice. Sure. Smell the nice ones. That’s okay.

You know what else is a bad thing to do? Holding your nose around them. They are real sensitive to that, too. Try holding your breath. But don’t be obvious about it. Somehow they know you’re trying not to breathe in the corn dog smell. And that offends them. They’ll likely punch you for that if they catch on to what you’re doing.

If you do breathe it in long enough, though, it’ll permeate your whole body, and then you’ll smell like a corn dog just like they do. But don’t say, “Dang, now I smell like a corn dog.” They take offense to that. And they will throw things. But not corn dogs. Hard stuff. Stuff that leaves bruises and makes you bleed. Then you may have to get stitches or something. Just don’t say it. If you do start smelling like a corn dog, just shut up about it. Okay?

I think kids are acutely aware of corn dog smells too. Counsel your kids on how to behave around LSU fans. If LSU fans are driving around town, do not let your kids stick their heads out of your car window and sniff the air. No. Keep your windows rolled up. An odd change in their expression – indicating they smell corn dogs – might get a wrench or pipe or some other object tossed at your windshield. So, that’s dangerous. Let your kids stick their heads out of the car windows as you drive – on some other weekend.

I know you are just as puzzled as I am about some of this corn dog stuff. What puzzles me most is that I’ve never actually seen any of these LSU fans with a corn dog in their hand. Okay, maybe there’s no mystery there – maybe they already ate the corn dogs. Who knows? Maybe there’s a corn dog factory in Baton Rouge and they all work there. Maybe, there’s a corn dog lotion that they wear, or a French perfume. Maybe their city council puts corn dog juice in the water supply – kind of like fluoride. The politics there are probably weird. The big political issue during the city election is whether they should add more ketchup or more mustard to the water. Don’t comment on it though. It’s not politically correct over there. It’s like a malnutrition issue or something. It’s like the corn dogs are probably added to the water to prevent starvation or something.

I know when you go to Baton Rouge, you’re thinking: “Ahhhh. Here I am in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I’ll bet the people here smell just like boiled crawfish or shrimp etoufe’ or some fancy Cajun food.” But just stop thinking that. That’s just a myth. They smell just like corn dogs.

In fact, please listen to my advice. Leave them alone about the corn dog odor. And don’t try masking the odor with something stronger. They’ll curse at you. They’ll say something like: “WTF, how dare you smoke a cigar in my home.” or “WTF!! Are you too good for the smell of corn dogs?” and they’ll cuss out your kids too: “WTF!!! Little Mister fancy pants over here acts like he doesn’t want to smell like corn dogs.”

Cajuns are not like us. Don’t you see that, yet? They are really sensitive about being sniffed and about their corn dog aroma. They know they smell like corn dogs and it is no laughing matter to them at all. I know. I know. We sniff the bammers and the UGA dawgs and the Ole messes, and we keep a straight face with each of them, but don’t press your luck with the Cajun tiger fans. Don’t refer to Death Valley as corn dog valley either. I mean that’s just wrong. Even if you’ve been drinking, they’ll beat you up and curse out your kids.

Along these lines, be extra careful when you laugh in their direction – even if you’re laughing about something else. Like baseball or football, or sex or whatever. If you can’t control yourself and you must laugh though, do not snort. The snorting makes them think that you smell their corn dog body odor from a distance or that you’re choking on it or something. They’ll likely burn your van for that. We lost a campus building over just one snort.

So, just remember. You can love one another without sniffing each other. You can enjoy the clash of a couple of good football teams. You can enjoy the thrill of the rivalry. But after the game, please heed my words. Please just move along. No sniffing the opposing fans this Saturday. Okay? Get your corn dog jollies at home.

Enough with this corn dog talk. Let’s play ball…

mothball
why would anyone waste a perfectly good corn dog?
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
What just happened?

edit: I didn't read any of that.

[This message has been edited by Hulla Baller (edited 12/3/2010 4:43p).]
doc96
AG
I went to Alabama/LSU in Tuscaloosa last year and I thought the whole corn dog thing was hilarious. All the bammers talked about it. I had never heard it before. I didn't see any coonass traps though.
MCAg09
AG
I'll never get that 5 minutes of my life back
SugarLandAg09
AG
Sparknotes version anyone?
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
hud likes to smell other football fans /thread
Ancalagon06
Cliff Notes Version: LSU fans smell like corn dogs, and don't like people talking about this fact.
Dunners2011
AG
CORNDOGS!!!!!

went to the auburn lsu game this year... first experience with the whole corndogs thing.... absolutely hilarious... lsu really does hate it and that makes it so much better
AAM02
AG
Which team smells like waffles?
whoopy
AG
we smell like bat guano
Ag2012
Tigersby10
Contrary to popular belief, LSU fans do not get bothered by people saying we smell like corn dogs. Truth be told, we think the whole thing is just silly, but if it gets your rocks off, go ahead and comment about it.

I actually like corn dogs.

agot79
AG
Lately we smell like ... victory.
rtsingleton
AG
I am eating a corndog while reading this, completely random. True Story.
ibldprplgld
Sorry to burst your bubble, but LSU fans couldn't care less about the whole corndog "insult." It's something AU (consider the source) lifted from Nebraska and arbitrarily applied to LSU.

As an LSU fan, it's fun to play along with the "insult" and watch the morons think they really zinged us.

The most original thing you could do when you walk by any LSU fan is pull your shirt up and cover your nose. Be sure you do that ALL day, we really, REALLY hate that! ;-P
Tigerfancov
Yeah, the corn dog thing doesn't bother us. Who doesn't love a good corn dog, though? Speaking of, isn't Nebraska the real corndogs?
brazagg
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
You really want to "zing" an LSU fan? Treat them like a Texas fan and ask them how they enjoyed their time at college only to listen to them stammer on for five minutes about how they didn't go but they are their "number one fan".

That, or let them tell you all about the wonderful world of HVAC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hVvMfgvocE
ibldprplgld
Here's the funny thing about "t-shirt" fans:

They are only attracted to teams that accomplish something. Lotsa bitterness from A&M about those "t-shirt" fans towards LSU and Texas...I wonder why that is?

My degree is from LSU and I could not care less if you are a fan of my school without a degree from it. If you spend your hard earned money to support its athletics programs and therefore the school, welcome aboard!

I dislike people who act like a-holes while they are "supporting" any school. Being a degree holder is not carte blanche to act like a jack@ss. An a-hole is an a-hole, degree or no degree.
YBS
AG
Buying a t-shirt from wal-mart also doesn't make you a real fan b/c, like the shirt, you can take off your fan-dom at any point. It is no more "fair" for a t-shirt to berate someone who has legitimate ties to an institution when the only thing that legitimately links said fan to a school is their receipt.
LSU NC 2011
Corndogs are delicious!

On a side note, I had never really heard the whole "t-shirt fan" thing until I started reading the board the last few days. I'm not sure why that is an insult to a school's fans though. I have multiple degrees from LSU, but would never belittle any of our many fans who did not attend LSU or college at all.

Maybe it's b/c we're the only large school in the state, but LSU tends to represent the state of Louisiana, not just students and alum, and I like that. We have fans from all over the state, many who have likely never been to BR. The more the merrier.

Or maybe it's b/c we're a little more hospitable than our friends to the West - who knows. Y'alls elitist attitude toward non-alum fans of schools wouldn't really fit in well in the SEC, imo (outside of Vandy and Ole Miss that is).

[This message has been edited by LSU NC 2011 (edited 12/3/2010 10:48p).]
BayouBengal
quote:
elitist attitude

quote:
wouldn't really fit in well in the SEC

totally agree...really hope it never comes to pass.
WhoDat
AG
quote:
BayouBengal

I am pretty sure I know you. Are you still with that fat chick? That was nice of you to stick with her.

If you see me at the CB holler and I'll buy you a beer and her another f-ing pizza.
adamhdonnell
AG
I don't know that I would so much call it an elitist attitude, not about the school anyways. I think Aggies just take pride in their complete devotion.

My wife is a Tech grad (I swear she thinks that place is great and it drives me nuts). Anyways, so we go out to Lubbock last year for the A&M/Tech game. She saw the true character of the Tech fans as they chanted "No more Potts." Which was ridiculous. I don't recall him turning the ball over a bunch or anything. Their defense gave up 52 or 55 points in that game and their were boo's out the wazoo.

You found a lot of "fans" booing the longhorns and leaving games early this year. And that's just something you don't see at Aggie games. We stay, we stand, and we yell for our Aggies. I think most Aggies would agree that we loved the experience we had at A&M. I think most would also agree that A&M doesn't have a big "t-shirt" fan base because the massive fraternity that is A&M is probably a little too much for outsiders to truly comprehend. I think a lot of outsiders look at A&M as a cult, and I don't blame them. if I were a sip or a techie I'd probably think that some of the traditions are a little much. But "we are the Aggies, the Aggies are we."
sjagwhoop
AG
adam +1

"What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in "What"?!
ibldprplgld
@YBS

Anyone who wants to support LSU is alright by me. I understand what y'all are saying about being devoted completely to the school. I also realize not everyone who loves the University has an opportunity to attend. Why should I discriminate against that individual?

Do I feel that the person has missed out on an integral part of the LSU experience by not attending the University, sure. But I don't think that is tantamount to that individual being "less" of a fan or supporter. I do, however, think you are held responsible to uphold the values of the school if you choose to represent it on game days. Just my $.02
12thman77
AG
NoHo Hank
AG
quote:
Anyone who wants to support LSU is alright by me. I understand what y'all are saying about being devoted completely to the school. I also realize not everyone who loves the University has an opportunity to attend. Why should I discriminate against that individual?

Do I feel that the person has missed out on an integral part of the LSU experience by not attending the University, sure. But I don't think that is tantamount to that individual being "less" of a fan or supporter. I do, however, think you are held responsible to uphold the values of the school if you choose to represent it on game days. Just my $.02

I have two reasons for hating t-shirt fans.
1) The texas t-shirt fans tend to be very fairweather. Which would be fine except...
2) They talk more sh*t than anyone. There's nothing funnier than being told that I'm a loser because I am an Aggie, when the person making fun of me went to a community college, or didn't go to college at all. Acting like an arrogant fan and condescending when you didn't actually attend a school just makes you look pathetic.

When you add the two together, you get a group of people that talk **** to you because they're fans of a school they didn't go to, and are only fans of that school because of their recent success. Then, as soon as that school plays like crap and finishes 5-7, they're no where to be found. I could care less about the coonass swamp people of Louisiana.
Aggie1
AG
Corn(y) dogs were first sold (depending on which story you want to believe) at the Texas State Fair in 1938, and/or TCU football games in 1938. Cotton Bowl is a part of Corn(y) dog history as well...
Tiger stadium? ...corn likker and corn dogs - yum yum
EaglePassAg08
AG
pv
quote:
I do, however, think you are held responsible to uphold the values of the school if you choose to represent it on game days.

So thats why all the LSU tshirt fans smell like corn dogs?
mobag96
I was reading some of these posts and I came across this

quote:
When you add the two together, you get a group of people that talk **** to you because they're fans of a school they didn't go to, and are only fans of that school because of their recent success. Then, as soon as that school plays like crap and finishes 5-7, they're no where to be found. I could care less about the coonass swamp people of Louisiana.

I though "What the-!!..you sound like an 8 year old that just got pushed down and wants to go
cry to your mommy about it!"

I've got three boys and they do that crap to me all the time, and it
drives me NUTS!

STOP YOUR DAMN WHININ' AND CARYIN' ON LIKE A BUNCH OF SPOILED LITTLE MOMMAS BOYS AND ACT LIKE YOUR
S'POSED TO!

Then I thought, "Wait a minute, there's a pattern here!" And then it hit me!

All you LSU fans, here is what I've observed...

A lot of current and former A&M students grew up as Rich Kid Dorks. You know, the kids that were
picked on too much in school. Typically smarter than most(geeks, if you will)..you know the type. They're just
"giving back" by taking out all those suppressed frustrations on the type of people that bullied
them in the first place.

This type of behavior is also known as Rich Kid Dork Syndrome, or RKDS.

And when they grow up, they become...you guessed it...Rich Adult Dorks that exhibit RADS.

They like to make fun of, you know, t-shirt fans: Anyone with an I.Q. below (choose your number).

They really like to target individuals that either couldn't get accepted to their school because of
academics, or whose family couldn't afford the tuition. THAT's where the elitism gets good and ripe.

2 or 3 national championships, and they'll have a nice fat stinky sense of entitlement to go along
with that elitist swagger..just like their t-sip bretheren.

Not ALL Ags, but many.

Hope that sheds some light on things.

Everyone else, flame away!

[This message has been edited by mobag96 (edited 12/4/2010 6:02a).]
BMX Bandit
Mobsag was the guy that was so popular and loved that his classmate voted him homecoming queen.

I don't have a problem with t/shirt fans or corn dogs. But LSU fans eat them with mayo. That's just weird.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.