Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Photos of the Pelini attack (YouTube video added)

67,329 Views | 320 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by G-Town Cracker
Denniska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cliff notes:

1. Carl Pelini verbally assaults an Aggie
2. "Camera Man" has epic mic fail and fails to intercept/record Carl's words (the video itself was emotional, but not at all condemning)
3. Carl thinks his words were caught on tape and attempts to destroy evidence that doesn't exist, in the process creating evidence that requires no audio to be interpreted.
4. Nebraska fans demand to hear the audio that would only make their matters worse...

It was a matter of time before more evidence would come out. The stadium had 20+ professional grade HDTV video cameras from ABC and 12th Man TV still rolling.

There's enough video and photo footage that we should make our own Photosynth (http://www.photosynth.net).

[This message has been edited by Denniska (edited 11/22/2010 4:24p).]
JJxvi
AG
Narrator: Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...

New Army lives at Reed Arena
cjo03
AG
there are definitely more videos of this if people knew what to look for.. i did a quick search and it looks like there are quite a few folks posting videos of fans rushing the field.. i.e. if this one available in 1080p was shot from the other 30 yard line i am sure the confrontation would be easy to see..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soGLIZ-7xNs

i've got a busy evening but surely some of you are free to do some snooping.
chipotle
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Narrator: Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...

Haha, hilarious!
Davy Crockett00
Please post a picture of Carl from Sling Blade. I think they kinda look alike. Put your own caption on the pic. MMMMMM I like taters and slamming your camera to the ground.
Thanks,
Davy Crockett - Rook
BQ93
AG

"uhhh...here was a cable...and we don't know what was said...and player in fear for his life... and touched his noodle...and camera in the way... uhh... it was sumufadude."

Silly Huskers. That wasn't a cable for the camera. Brandon is just ... "blessed".

[This message has been edited by BQ93 (edited 11/22/2010 5:14p).]
Danny Duberstein
Come on, Husker fans. You're letting this one slip! It's time for more ridiculous defenses of your meathead coach!!!
toddmandude
el_guapo
And so it begins....
Joan Wilder
AG
I'm still blown away we have these pictures. Nice work!!

Is the Aggie in the visor the person he was yelling at? THAT is the person allegedly taunting him and impeding player progress?!?!? The one who seems to be quietly walking away?
Donigan
To all Texas A&M fans,

I am a Nebraska fan, and have been watching college football for a long time. In all the years I've watched I have never seen officiating as bad or as obviously one sided as our game Saturday. However, do not take that to mean that we would have won otherwise. I don't want to take anything away from the way your team played. I'm very excited to see your team back on the rise.

I have always enjoyed your team, and your fans. I would hate to let this game create a rift between two of college football's best teams and fan bases. I just wish we could have played you with unbiased officials. Your teams desire to win was explosive and was hard for our team to handle, but the 16-2 penalties was too much for our Husker team to contend with.

With all that said, there were also some ugly things happening on both sides of the ball. Our player Ben Cotton got a groin full of an A&M defender's hand causing him to react and get 2 personal fouls. If you watch YOUTUBE's video of it, it's pretty bad. But we are not without fault either. I would like to say that I'm not very happy with how Carl Pelini handled himself after the game. I can't blame him for being mad after that game, but the way he acted towards the A&M camera man was uncalled for. I would like to apologize on behalf of Husker Nation for that.

Lets put this game behind us, and as we move on to the Big 10, I'd just like to ask you to do one thing.

BEAT TEXAS!
Ted Logan
AG
please tell us, other than the roughing the passer call, which other penalties do you think are not legitimate?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Just for the millionith time, I appreciate everything the Husker said, but TJE pinched his leg, not his groin.
Joan Wilder
AG
and he got ONE foul for kicking. He got the 2nd foul for taking off his helmet on the field.
wilrob
I have been watching football for over 50 years.
I have never seen anything like the officiating
that took place this past Saturday in the game
between A&M and Nebraska. I have watched this game
over and over (Slow-mo) etc. Fraudulent to say the least. My son sent me the You-Tube video of
the assault on Nebraska's tight end while down.
It this player a man? Hard to tell. In my days
I think I would have retaliated one hell of a lot
more then the tight end. I think Coach Sherman and the rest of the A&M players should have a hard time looking in the mirror after this one.
05AG
AG
The penalties were so one sided because the Nebraska team was a reflection of their coach....undisciplined. Simple as that. There was one bad call. Get over it.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
I think Coach Sherman and the rest of the A&M players should have a hard time looking in the mirror after this one.

I think they were too busy celebrating a victory.
cjo03
AG
ffco
quote:
I have been watching football for over 50 years.
I have never seen anything like the officiating
that took place this past Saturday in the game
between A&M and Nebraska. I have watched this game
over and over (Slow-mo) etc. Fraudulent to say the least. My son sent me the You-Tube video of
the assault on Nebraska's tight end while down.
It this player a man? Hard to tell. In my days
I think I would have retaliated one hell of a lot
more then the tight end. I think Coach Sherman and the rest of the A&M players should have a hard time looking in the mirror after this one.

Is that a haiku?
Token
phatbc
These Nebraska fans crack me up. I thought they were supposed to be knowledgeable about football?
BaronVonAggie
AG
Hope Carl Pelini never wants to recruit in Texas again. Heard there could be a warrant out for his arrest in the State shortly if Nebraska as a whole doesnt own up and publicly apologize.

[This message has been edited by BaronVonAggie (edited 11/22/2010 7:53p).]
lcraggie
AG
hey cornroids-- what about 2006 @ Kyle Field? i believe your team had a couple of late calls go your way in the 4th quarter. stop whining and try to keep your coaches under control. what about the cheap shots against OSU? Go to the land of rust, noon kickoffs, and angry coaches and enjoy your future success.

go enjoy some big 10 baseball in the spring.

there is no cornhusker kickback in football only politics.

Rangers Lead the Way, NSDQ

[This message has been edited by lcraggie (edited 11/22/2010 8:11p).]
CrottyKid
AG
donigan

quote:
Our player Ben Cotton got a groin full of an A&M defender's hand causing him to react and get 1 personal foul as is often the case for the person who retaliates. Then he was STUPID and hotheaded like his coaches and got a second one.

Fixed it for you.
AggieTFA06
AG
donigan,

I have respect for Cornhusker fans, and I also hope that there are no hard feelings between our fan bases. I hope most Nebraska fans do not support Carl Pelini's horrible behavior.

To 1,000,000 touchdowns...and beyond
reeb88
AG
Maybe this is the player that Carl was trying to help off of the field?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKvq6FVBMBk

"Hope" is not a plan. It is the lack of one.
mwv121
Husker fan here. I guess I'll have to try and represent the reasonable Husker fans. I watched the game all the way through and here was my impression:

1. A&M is for real.

2. Tannehill didn't play spectacularly in terms of numbers, but he played about as well as one could expect to against Nebraska's defense. I've watched most of the Huskers game this year and I think that is as good as they've played all year.

3. Cyrus Gray is really good.

4. Contrasting sidelines - Sherman looked stoic, calm, etc. Pelini - well you know how he looked.

5. Penalties: Nebraska had a crapload, most were deserved (illegal formation - are you f-ing kidding me? Get it together, Huskers!), a few weren't. It didn't decide the game. Which leads me to point #6.

6. Nebraska couldn't do squat with 3 minutes left. Henery is pretty much golden from inside the 50. They needed what, 45 yards or something like that? They got 12, I think. That last possession was an absolute embarrassment. Huskers looked lost and slow to get any snaps off. Plus, Martinez clearly couldn't step off and make any deep throws accurately.

7. A healthy Martinez would likely have led to a different outcome, but coulda woulda shoulda etc. injuries happen.

8. Carl Pelini manhandled that camera / camera lens like Suh ravaged opposing quarterbacks last year. Take that Nikon zoom lens! As far as the cries for assault charges go, did he actually touch this Brandon / photographer guy? I think this series of pictures kind of represents the game - total loss of control for the Pelinis.

9. It's too bad there is so much animosity after this game because if you take away the ugliness of it (the dogpile crotchgrab, penalties, Bo Pelini looking like one of those zombies from 28 days later, my team losing) this was a great game. Personally, I enjoy a good old smashmouth, low scoring defensive battle.

10. What's the deal with rushing the field? I thought you guys weren't supposed to do that?

11. Dear God, please let us beat Colorado. Two weeks ago, I'd have said Dear God please let us beat Colorado by 35 points.

12. Good luck, Aggies. Sherman has your team moving in the right direction.

13. Please keep in mind that most Nebraska fans are likely as embarrassed as I am at this past Saturday's spectacle.

14. While I was embarrassed and saddened (yes, really) at this past weekend, I have faith that Bo Pelini will right the ship and will work at being less of a rabid dog on the sidelines. Also, Osborne being AD will help matters; he's always had a calming influence. I'm curious to see what reaction you guys get from the e-mails sent to TO. I honestly think he will address it in some way.

15. Thanks for reading and letting me get that off my chest. I can now look forward to the game this weekend.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
To answer a couple of questions:

No he doesn't have to physically touch him if he's doing something like grabbing the camera that he's holding and trying to rip it away from him, however he did grab his back while trying to get the camera from him.

On rushing the field: This never happens, but I think the emotions of the past ten years and of this season with the people already down on the track kind of all accumulated, Nebraska fans should take this as a compliment, Aggie fans very much knew this was an important win.
CrottyKid
AG
It could be considered attempted robbery.
Ragnar Danneskjold
bad idea to assault a guy with one of the biggest megaphones in the sports world. If texags wants to make a huge deal out of this they can.
spudag
AG
mwv121
Deadwood
AG
Pelinis are like the French - they act like whiney b*tches in College Station because they know Aggies are not out of control animals that will respond in kind. I seriously would like to see that kind of behaviour in Columbus or Baton Rouge. It would get VERY ugly.
mwv121
I guess we'll see what happens next year. Nebraska plays at Ohio State if I remember correctly. My hope is that Nebraska doesn't become the team that everybody loves to hate because of the Pelinis. Too late?
NormanAg
AG
Bo played at OSU and was a team captain. Carl was DC at OSU when Bo got the Neb job and hired him away. Should be an interesting game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.