Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Top 10 reasons Kyle is no longer loud

15,172 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by annie88
ConLaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. The football team. It hasn't been good for more than a decade.

2. The defense, specifically. It's been terrible. When the wrecking crew is good, Kyle field is rocking.

3. No Bonfire. Biggest reason the Aggie Spirit has faded.

4. 12th Man Tv/Jumbotron. Yes, I know it's not actually a jumbotron.

5. Yell leaders are on a leash. See number 4.

6. Cell phones. Life support for kids these days.

7. Hangovers. It's college. What are you going to do.

8. The internet. It's a breeding ground for criticism and divisiveness.

9. High definition plasma TVs. They're flippin' sweet.

10. No cheerleaders. Ok, maybe not so much. But they would be nice.
Face
AG
Pepsi. Does not contain as many stimulants as Coke.
bonfireag95
AG
Only one reason need be said...

Tchoupitoulas
bonfire thrown around like an excuse used for New Orleans and Hurricane Katrina and NYC and 9/11............as almost all who post on here, get over it.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
The real "one" reason is the recent past of Aggie football. As a fan base, we have grown accustomed to poor performances and missed opportunities. We go into a game expecting the team to find a way to lose, while cheering for the team to find a way to win. Should the team be close to OU in the 4th quarter, Kyle Field will be as loud as ever. Should the Ags pull-off a win, Kyle will be very loud in the Nebraska game. Very few stadiums will be anything close to "loud" if the home team is down by 3 scores.

BTHO OU!

Soli Deo Gloria
RIP
12th man TV / Ribbonboard killed Kyle Field. It's quite sad.
panhandlefarmer
AG
Byrne
75AG
AG
NO NO NO NO

#1 reason is A&M started admitting students and not AGGIES!!!
OrdAg81
AG
There are some NCAA rules that have affected us also. The 12th man is the most discilined crowd I've ever seen - quiet when we have the ball - loud (but NOT LOUD enough) when they have it. I think we should move the visitors to the 3rd deck and put the students all on the first deck. When we were in the horseshoe - NO ONE could get a play off down there.
agsalaska
AG
Frats
Dunbar
AG
Lack of campus Bonfire is a huge reason for the drop in sense of community and spirit on campus. It was the one thing that brought all walks of life together for a common goal.
fourthgenag09
AG
Agree with all points
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
9. High definition plasma TVs. They're flippin' sweet.

Maybe for other schools. Tailgating, beer, and the outdoors are things that Ags don't **** around about.
AggieSouth06
quote:
#1 reason is A&M started admitting students and not AGGIES

You mean when they decided to gain academic prestige and stopped letting half-retarded rednecks in? If so, I'll take the tradeoff.
La Bamba
AG
Students who stand in the student section with their arms folded and mouths shut. Can't stand these people.
75AG
AG
quote:
You mean when they decided to gain academic prestige and stopped letting half-retarded rednecks in? If so, I'll take the tradeoff.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant douuouche bag
ag-bq-seventy
AG
Actually, 75Ag is on to something.

And AggieSouth proves the point by calling all us old Ags "retarded rednecks." Really? Retarded? Rednecks? No kidding?

Sounds like something a teasipper would say about us, not an Aggie.
AGAZ03
AG
Don't forget horrible nacho cheese and no waffles.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
#1 reason is A&M started admitting students and not AGGIES!!!

Are you referring to when A&M started letting in non-corps students and women? That happened in the '60's brah, and it sent our University to the prominence that it achieved in football in the '80's and '90's, and other sports and scholastically all the way through today.
fightintxaggie10
AG
4. 12th Man Tv/Jumbotron. Yes, I know it's not actually a jumbotron.

^this is huge, and I know this is the main reason noise isn't as consistently loud. My freshman year was the first year they had this and I remember how much it pissed me off. Anyone that remembers games before the jumbotron know exactly what Im talking about, people stop yelling and we don't do near as many yells. Its a fact.
lilpuig2211
I was to young to remember pre jumbotron games but have been to a couple since. Why is it so different?
75AG
AG
quote:
That happened in the '60's brah

You clearly have not read about the ban on "brah". What a bag!!!
GigEmAgs2000
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
You clearly have not read about the ban on "brah". What a bag!!!

Or have I read about it all too thoroughly? BRAH.
jah003
S
A little OT, but the 3rd quarter (after halftime) entrance is horrible...

People are busy watching the Jumbotron, and then, holy crap... It's the football team. I would think a better second half intro (or an intro at all) would add a tad more energy in the crowd/loudness.
Bockaneer
AG
3rd Q starts sucked back in 88-92 as well... too much leadership forming up for boot line entrance (never did this b/c I hated how quiet the stands got)
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
too much leadership forming up for boot line entrance (never did this b/c I hated how quiet the stands got)

Boot line sucks.
GoneGirl
AG
#7 is wrong. Aggies have had gameday hangovers since the dawn of time.

Now I'd accept that New Army just can't handle their liquor.... spoiled punks.
AGAZ03
AG
The entire student section should boo loudly each time a commercial comes on the jumbotron.

This should send a message and Bill will be so pissed because companies will not want their commercials to be booed.
P.C. Principal
WINNING. CURES. ALL.
Claude!
I blame it on those meddling kids.
iceman08
AG
i just wanted an excuse to post this...

i blame it on...

MouthBQ98
AG
Winning does really help. I showed up to the 98 Nebraska game with a massive massive hangover, and still yelled until I had no voice....
boxerdemon
I was at the Fresno State game with a cheap tequila hangover, brah. Didn't leave, but did almost throw up. Can only drink top-shelf tequila as a result of that game, the cheap stuff makes me dry-heave on smell.

Also: bonfire and corps pukes need to lay off. Just because I didn't feel like doing something akin to two-a-days throughout college after six years of football doesn't make me less of an Aggie (the corps only offered me a partial scholarship, would've needed a full ride for that). I have the ring, the conservative ideology, and the people skills. You have to understand that A&M was a cruddy school back when ol' army was enrolled and now it's a worldwide institution. There are Aggies in Belgium, Britain, Angola, Russia, China and Japan. And those are just the ones I personally know. None of them were in the corps, but they all wear their rings every day and people still ask them what it is and they're more redass than you probably give them credit for.

The only reason students today aren't as loud is that the football team has sucked. That's it. It all goes back to the Fresno State game I mentioned. That was when the volume started lowering. There is no reason ANY Big XII school should have had that much trouble with a WAC team. If the team is below-average then expect no more than mediocre enthusiasm.
CGSC Lobotomy
Reasons 1-10: Bill Byrne and the departure of Robert Gates.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.