Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

My truly incredible and inspirational friend NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS!

11,933 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Cardiac Saturday
GvineAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I originally posted this on Aggies Only, but have since thought better of that idea. This isn't "A&M Football" either, but there are too many good people that frequent this forum not to ask for prayers here. I'm asking for the sips, tards, land thieves, etc., to join me for my friend Angi (sorry - couldn't resist, but I even added a pic of Angi with my eighth grade football coach wearing a whorn shirt he apparently wore to school that day - Mack has them brainwashed before HS apparently... sheesh). Please see Angi's story below:

My friend Angi, Class of ’92, has been kicking cystic fibrosis’ ass since she was an infant. I’ve never known anyone who’s been as courageous in the face of so much as she has. Her friends, when describing her often use words like “fabulous”, “gracious”, “amazing”, “thoughtful”, “awesome”, “strong”, etc. – I think you get the picture. And here are a couple of recent pics (you’d never guess she even had a skinned knee from her pics… I love her for that!):

This from her mom, Kay Bock, when I asked her to give a little background:

quote:
Angi (Francis Jenkins) was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when she was two months old. We had lost our baby boy to c.f., so knew there was a chance that she could have it. Fortunately, Angi refused to be defined by her disease, so she did everything that normal kids do--sports, cheerleading, drill team, etc… Angi followed her sister, Kristi (Francis Lower), to A&M in 1988, pledged Kappa Alpha Theta and became a K.A. Southern Belle. She had to sit out of school three different semesters because of her illness, but graduated with a degree in accounting in 1994. She married in 1995 and did very well until an infection in 2000. She received a double-lung transplant in 2002. In 2005, Angi became septic from an infection and during the months of recovery, lost her kidney functions. She was on dialysis for three years. In 2008, her former roommate at A&M, Sarah Semingson Tucker, donated her kidney to Angi and saved her life once again. In the last five years, Angi has been septic 4 times. Now, she is in chronic rejection of her lungs. We have very few options because of the ravages of the disease on her body.

A former roommate offered her a kidney??!! Are you kidding me? That should tell you all you need to know about the kind of person Angi is. I always felt like I must have been a pretty good roommate because our regular arguments never escalated to actual blows.

This from Angi’s Facebook wall update on 08/27:

“bummer of an appointment day at Baylor. needing some serious prayers in the days to come. doctors can't promise many options as the rejection progresses................ i am hopeful and believe in God's plan for my life. thank you for each thought or prayer....i greatly appreciate all smiles, love, and laughter that encourages us all.”

And then one from earlier today - 08/31:

"When the doctors can do nothing more...call on the Great Physician and rest in his knowledge of your specific disease, pain, and plan. In this I find comfort."

Angi is asking for prayers, so I think we should give them to her! Along with Angi, her family, and many, many friends, I appreciate your prayers in advance! Thanks Texags!

GvineAg89
GvineAg89
AG
This was Angi's latest FB post in response to a friend telling her not to give up (As if...)

"for the record, there is nothing that would make me "call in the troops". i have been blessed by two incredible families that by donating organs, have saved my life. the last 8 1/2 years have been nothing short of miraculous indeed. i will not give up, throw in the towel, or rest....until the angels come and get me i know that i owe it to these donor families and mine to fight and be strong as long as i possibly can. thanks, jeanne.....i love you"
tifire85
Love that spirit.

T&P

[This message has been edited by tifire85 (edited 8/31/2010 10:07p).]
94Aggie95
AG
What an incredibly special person Angi is! Prayers said for her and her family.

Visit my sons' webpage at www.caringbridge.org/visit/pohlaboys
child of grace
S
Prayers.
txags11
AG
An amazing story..T&P for her and her family to kick it's ass once again..
txags11
AG
wrong icon...dp

[This message has been edited by txags11 (edited 8/31/2010 11:51p).]
Aggiewife&mom
S
She's a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit.

And 94Aggie95 - your boys are adorable!
GvineAg89
AG
Thanks for the prayers everyone. Keep them coming. Here is the latest from Angi late last night:

"Chemotherapy could be a possibility....my Doctor said tonite. Sounds bad but atleast it's an option, potentially."
Cant Think of a Name
AG
T&P
FJB
AG
T&P
BaileyAg
AG
T&P's
coolerguy12
AG
T&Ps
Ansel
I'm getting pretty emotional here, over a woman I don't even know.

Prayers for Angi.
CoachLB
Prayers for Angi and her family and friends.
aggiedad04
S
T&P sent and in Gods hands we place her. She sounds like an amazing person.
Gig em G
AG
Thoughts and prayers for Angi
John David Stutts
Just reading that story, it makes you want to do something to make things better.

I hope she, and her family, find comfort in the time they still have together to make more wonderful memories.
Doc Hayworth
You don't hear of too many with her great qualities. Peace be with you and your family.
redassag12
AG
T&P
ImWhatTigersDreamOf
AG
T&P sent, I hope I could have that kind of fight in me if I were faced with those circumstances
Gus
AG
T&P
SirDeofWood
AG
T&P
AnalogyAg
Prayers.
jtaggie23
T&P, stay strong
StupidisMe
Prayers sent.
Line up and wait 18L
Be ready for a miracle. I believe it's on the way!
srd60
AG
I pray for a miracle. God Bless.
GvineAg89
AG
Here's her latest. Gotta love her!

quote:
Angi Francis Jenkins - I am overwhelmed by the ourpouring of LOVE from my friends and family during the most current of my health issues. I am certain that I am failing to express the genuine appreciation that I feel.... I have been blessed beyond my understanding. I have support much greater than the sum of my burdens. Thank you, thank you again.
LOVELOVELOVE y'all ¢¾
TowerAg90
AG
Giving this old thread a bump, as my friend Angi could once again use prayer. As described above by GvineAg89, she is an incredible lady who has already overcome incredible hurdles in her path. She was recently diagnosed with cancer, and today at 1:30 pm will undergo major surgery in Dallas. Her lung issues make the surgery and recovery complicated, to say the least. So, I'd ask for your prayer for this Aggie today and in the days to come.
capt. yossarian
T&P
ABATTBQ11
AG
Thoughts and prayers her way. What an incredible woman.
corybantic
T&P
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Thoughts and Prayers to this incredible human being.
AG
Praying that the surgery goes well, as well as praying for the family and friends to have strength for her! Gig 'em, Angi!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.