Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A note to the SEC lurkers and visitors...

6,308 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by MaroonInNashville
Gump 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I completely disagree with #3. Gotta have my sweet tea. Sorry bud.
Stasco
AG
6th generation resident of Bryan, TX, and I love pork BBQ. The beef stranglehold is more of a panhandle thing. In central Texas, all meats are welcome.
Stasco
AG
But I do agree about the tea. I can sweeten my own damn tea.
ccaggie05
AG
I swear I must the only person in the lower half of the country who hates tea of any kind..
frisco09
AG
Seriously, the sweet tea thing is finally catching on in my part of TX (dfw) and I couldn't be happier. Its hard to find many places in College Station that don't have sweet tea.
ccol
AG
Maybe I've been up here too long, (Nashville ) but I like suhwheet tea & NASCAR jes fine.
rpvols
1. ESPN highlights of the crashes is the only good part of NASCAR

2. Brisket,pork,slaw it doesn't matter it's all good as long as it's made in the south.

3. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. If you dont put sweetner in while the tea is hot it won't mix and is horrible.

4. I know about the Alamo. The vols got their name from the alamo.

5. Nashville all the way for counutry music,

6. Alright

7. Note taken
rather be fishing
AG
Stasco, you are wrong, except for the Central Texas and all meats portion.

Texas BBQ includes beef and pork sausage. The sausage coming from the large number of German immigrants.

Texas BBQ is overwhelmingly beef, with an emphasis on brisket; which is the only way to determine whether or not someone knows how to cook BBQ.
rather be fishing
AG
rpvols: Nashville ruined country music.

See Toby Keith.
Yersinia pestis
quote:
5. Nashville all the way for counutry music,

quote:
Thank you for submitting your vote to TexAgs.com

As of 6/14/2010, there have been 1 objections to this post.

Email me If this post is removed

Stasco
AG
quote:
The sausage coming from the large number of German immigrants.

Close on the German thing. Aggieland (Bryan) has a helluva lot of Czech immigrants (including my ancestors.) Just go to Martin's BBQ, founded by Martin Kapchinskie in 1925, and get their sliced pork sandwich. It'll change your mind about brisket. Notice also Slovacek's sausage - certainly not German.
Yersinia pestis
Sir, this is Texas. We eat beef.
Stasco
AG
So says the travel channel. We aint in Lubbock.
rather be fishing
AG
I should have included he Czech's, I agree. I've got some Czech blood in me, and that's my slip up.
TMoney2007
AG
quote:
4) True, but technically wasn't TX a country by itself then?

Damn right! We may actually get along if you remember this!

We have as much state pride as anyone. Seriously, it borders on pretentious,... but its not, cause Texas really is awesome!
rather be fishing
AG
Texas>>>>>>>>>>your state.
Hobo Zombie
AG
quote:
But the only time I have ever punched an adult

Punch a lot of kids?
DickWhitecollar
I liked this post.

Western Arkansas has much more in common with East and North Texas and Oklahoma than it does with Mississippi.

I hate NASCAR, go to at least one rodeo per year, and ate beef brisket BBQ for lunch today.

boxerdemon
I think most of us have punched a kid or three while we were kids ourselves.

1. NASCAR is the third most idiotic thing on television behind Jersey Shore and the entirety of MTV's lineup.
2. The eastern sauces you Carolina types have are atrocious. What on earth do you put in there besides straight vinegar? Can't be too much.
3. The tea debate rages still in Texas. Personally, I put about six pieces of lemon and two "pink things" in each glass.
4. Know that the John Wayne version of the movie is infinitely superior to the Billy Bob Thorton version.
5. Nashville sucks, just ask Willie and Weylon and possibly Ray Charles while he's hopped up on drugs. And...not dead. Outlaw country from before you were born, nothing else.
6.Obligatory.
7.Obligatory. Even Student Bonfire is an iffy subject, since the student body is still debating the matter. It's not as heated since people aren't getting into fistfights at northgate anymore over the issue.
orangeandblue96
It's great to get to know some of our new (hopefully) SEC traditions from College Station. It is good to know about 6 and 7, if it is important to y'all, it should be respected by us.

NASCAR - Bad habits die hard. I'm still going to Daytona every chance I get.
Tea comes unsweetened? But why?
BBQ goes with everything.
Let's not forget to remember the Maine also
George Strait is the man
DickWhitecollar
As a Fayetteville resident and Arkansawyer, I am a much bigger fan of RED DIRT music than any of the **** Nashville puts out.

I am a beef BBQ FANATIC.

I prefer steel guitar to blues any day of the week. Both my grandaddies wore cowboy hats every day of the week.

I think thats one reason Arkansas fans are so excited about TAMU.

We (at least in western Arkansas, where Fayetteville is) identify with Texas WAY more than anything in Mississippi or Alabama.

Its like a family reunion.
DickWhitecollar
Also, I know every word to the Aggie War Hymn by heart.

RedComyn
AG
Lifetime Texan here, other than those years I spent overseas. Lemme chime in here,

1. Forget NASCAR and rodeo, try going for a nice sail. Texas isn't exactly prime sailing territory, but hey, the oceans are all connected.

2. A nice beef brisket is good, and I'm not against a nice rack of pork ribs, but try a whole crab sometime. Grilled crab, and maybe some nice mushrooms. Good eating.

3. Oolong or a nice aged Puerh are the best two teas hands down. And don't go putting any sugar in them.

4. The Alamo - don't be disappointed if it doesn't look as big as you imagined, because hey man, what's the last good thing your state did. Nothing. Remember that.

5. Yeah, Austin has good music, but don't limit yourself to country. Jazz, reggae, they've got a scene for everything.

6. I don't do muster. Sorry, guys. It's not out of disrespect, it just bums me out.

7. Yeah man, don't do this. That's not cool. I know some of the guys that made it out, and though I don't normally condone violence, I'd consider it.

[This message has been edited by RedComyn (edited 6/14/2010 2:43a).]
sshm
AG
1. This is true. Nascar does suck. Rodeos are popular..... but it's not like everyone is a cowboy. The number of out of staters who think we ride horses to school sometimes astounds me. I don't own a horse. Never have owned a horse. Probably never will own a horse.

2. BBQ - Beef Brisket, Pork Ribs. I don't see how anyone ever does it any other way. Pork roast is lame. Beef ribs are certainly good in their own right, but seriously....... pork ribs win in this contest.

3. We like to fight about our tea, apparently. I wasn't aware I was the only one who got beer or a soft-drink when going out to dinner.

4. The Alamo - It's true, our state is better than your state.

5. Contrary to popular belief, not all of us listen to country.

6. I'm sure they don't care.

7. Absolutely NO bonfire jokes! I am unaware of anything off limits, so please feel free to inform us. But the only time I have ever punched an adult is when a t-sip made a joke about it. (To be fair, we don't joke about the tower sniper either.)

And yes, King of the Hill is by far the most accurate interpretation of Texas on television.

for some reason on Family Guy they portray us as West Virginia Hillbillies. Not sure what they were thinking there.
DeltaReb
aggie fans need to learn one more cheer. when winning your bowl game late in the 4th quarter you should begin shouting in unison.."SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC.." we are family and this is the way we show it. this chant has been heard loud and clear at the last 4 bcs championship games! and heres a good example why yall belong in our league instead of the pac10. your band would probably be booed and made fun of on the west coast, at our sec schools your band will receive standing ovations. and doesnt that just about say it all. welcome aboard. hope the politicians dont screw it up.
The Templar
Few things to clear up:

1. NASCAR? Not so much. Come check out a rodeo
For the chicks not the bulls.

2. BBQ - beef brisket, not pork. We'll let you put slaw on your slow cooking, but dont expect us to like it
I've had it and it's like comparing steak to bologna - but I appreciate the offer.

3. We like our tea sweetened to individual taste after brewing. Its ice tea, not sweet tea. Dont worry, all of our restaurants have sugar and sweet n low at the table.
We're the SOUTHeastern Conf., not the PAC10.

4. The Alamo - some of your state's settlers probably died there. You better remember it!
Why?

5. As much as I dont like Austin, their country music is much better than Nashville. Pat Green's older stuff, Corey Morrow, Roger Creager, the Derailers, etc. You should broaden your horizons, throw out that Faith Hill crap, and get some of the good stuff.
So let me get this straight: UTexas is your most heated enemy but you'll go hang in Austin for the music? You heard of iTunes or MTV?

6. On April 21, dont bother calling on your Aggie friends. We're busy that day.
TAMU celebrates Iggie Pop's birthday?

Good luck to ya'll. Expect the troll traffic to die down by September...we're bored too w/o football.

tbone421998
AG
quote:
7. Seriously, people were killed so how could a joke come of that.

You just don't know Baylor or the sips very well.
TennesseeTuxedo
1. Sports only involve a ball.

2. Beef brisket is good, but Pork is king when it comes to BBQ. The Rendezvou's Dry rubbed ribs are unbelievable.

3. I drink Coke.

4. Tennesseans are glad to know that Texans remember our kin folk too.

5. I'm a classic rocker myself.

6. We are polite people.

7. Would never think of doing such a thing.
BBQ
AG
Stasco, sorry but Beef is King in Tx. Anyone can smoke chicken, pork, lamb, sausage or whatever! Beef/Brisket is left for the professionals! I am of Czech descent and been to more good old fashion weddings than I can imagine. I have never ever been to a wedding that served anything other than beef and sometimes also sausage.

Excluding those weddings when a few of my family and frieds that stretched the boundaries and married one of them citified girls that insisted on some bs outside of the traditional foods!
Tmoneyag99
AG
I think I like the SEC already. The tone of this board has greatly changed.
Yersinia pestis
I think this merger is going to work out just fine.
ColaCock
1. NASCAR? RODEO?

I'll pass on both.

2. BBQ - beef brisket, not pork.

I love beef brisket...but it's not BBQ. Pork is BBQ.

3. We like our tea sweetened to individual taste after brewing. Its ice tea, not sweet tea. Dont worry, all of our restaurants have sugar and sweet n low at the table.

"all of our restaurants have sugar and sweet n low at the table."

Um, that's exactly what someone in NY, NJ or Connecticut would say. The sweeter the better. And UNsweetened tea??? What the point? Besides, you can't put sugar in cold tea...takes too long to melt.

4. The Alamo

No problems there.

5. As much as I dont like Austin, their country music is much better than Nashville.

I wasn't aware Austin even had country music...and I've been there. Not a country music fan anyway, so I'll concede that one.

6. On April 21, dont bother calling on your Aggie friends. We're busy that day.

Deal

7. Absolutely NO bonfire jokes!

Would never...

"And so it begins..."

Yes it does...I'm hoping the rumors are true. Can't wait for my first Carolina/A&M football or baseball game. My little Clempson hillbilly friends had good things to say about their trip to College Station a few years ago.
Ishmael-Ag
AG
Tennesee Tux-does the Volunteer State get it's name from Davy Crockett and his Tenn. Vols coming to fight and die for us at the Alamo?
ColaCock
One other tidbit about the Alamo I found...

South Carolina's Heroes of the Alamo

At one time a popular bumper sticker in the Saluda area (just outside of Columbia) read, "Texas Starts Here." Saluda County was, after all, birthplace and childhood home of two of the Alamo's greatest heroes, William Barret Travis and James Butler Bonham.
Yersinia pestis
quote:
I love beef brisket...but it's not BBQ. Pork is BBQ.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.