Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A note to the SEC lurkers and visitors...

6,372 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by MaroonInNashville
ColaCock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oh, and I love King of the Hill...so I'm with ya there.
Street Fighter
AG
quote:
Thanks for the explanation of number 6. Ditto on trying to get ahold of us on Mardi Gras.

Hell, I'll be partying with you during Mardi Gras!
DallasAg 94
Uncover Dammit

Yell Leaders This isn't high school, anymore.
Delta
quote:
aggie fans need to learn one more cheer.

Yells...not cheers. I knew this was going to happen... The OP sucks because he missed this.

BTW - to the OP... Texas Motor Speedway.

quote:
rpvols: Nashville ruined country music.

See Toby Keith.

Or Garth.

This:
quote:
Sir, this is Texas. We eat beef.

Austin?! Why on God's green Earth would you go to Austin?! I go to the restroom, because I have to... there isn't any reason to go where it all ends up.

Regarding the Alamo... San Jacinto is more symbolic, and important, IMO. But, we do appreciate the help.
UAhogs
I'd rather gargle dirt than watch Nascar.
Palooza11
AG
SEC fans

make sure you catch midnight yell when you come down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj36iGrlNlk
MEag2012
AG
quote:
Let's not forget to remember the Maine also

Yes, there are some Aggies who listen to the Maine, the Starting Line, Forever the Sickest Kids, etc...

But we still go dancing at the Hall on Thursday nights. Even if we don't care for country music...
gamecockhub
1. Life long SC resident and can't stand NASCAR.
2.Texas BBQ is quite good, not better than our pork but equal as I see it as it is like comparing apples and oranges. Both are very good but very different. I like them both!
As for slaw it is something to put on the side not on the sandwich, that way you can take or leave it.
3.I like it the way I like it so I order my unsweet and handle adding sweetner myself.
4. Travis was from Saluda,SC about 20 miles from where I live so it's easy to remember!
5. Rock N Roll guy so no argument
6. Looked it up and no problem!
7.Why would anyone make a joke about the tragic events a few years ago? Hopefully people have more class! USC and Clemson lost several students in a beach house fire a few years ago during football season and as much as we hate each other we each did memorials for all and no-one jokes about that. If someone does joke about the bonfire tragedy I'll punch them too!

Any day above ground is a good one!

[This message has been edited by gamecockhub (edited 6/14/2010 8:58a).]

[This message has been edited by gamecockhub (edited 6/14/2010 8:59a).]
ganu76
1. Can't stand NASCAR. How 'bout a good hockey game!!!

2. SUGAR ON THE TABLE IS NOT THE SAME!!!! I guess I'll have to bring my own Sweet Tea.

3. "not pork" - Guess I'll be bringing my own BBQ as well. At least you don't call ALL grilling BBQ like the guys in the Northern states.

4. You're probably right on the Alamo thing.

5. No comment. I don't listen to country. I may be from Alabama but I'm still a child of the 80's-90's. I CAN go for some Bluegrass though.

6. 21Apr - I'll have to educate myself on that one.

7. Wow, I remember when that accident happened. I'm STILL truely sorry for what you guys went through that day. You're right, I can see some knucklehead on this board taking THAT cheap jab.

Soooo, I guess I'll be bringing my OWN sweet tea, pulled pork, and Bluegrass... just not on 21 Apr.

Hope to see you guys in our conference, but it now sounds as if you guys are staying put. Dang!!!

RTR (Roll Tide Roll)

[This message has been edited by ganu76 (edited 6/14/2010 9:03a).]
Stasco
AG
quote:
6. I don't do muster. Sorry, guys. It's not out of disrespect, it just bums me out.

Seriously, is there anyone left on TexAgs who isn't absolutely convinced that ReComyn is NOT an Aggie?
BowSowy
AG
Tea that you sweeten yourself never quite tastes right.

Super sweet tea is the way to go.
MaroonInNashville
Ishmael-Ag, here's your answer, which is a partial yes:
The Tennessee Volunteer nickname began from a call for volunteer soldiers by the army during the War of 1812. A request of 3,500 soldiers was made, and over 25,000 Tennesseans answered the call.
Two decades later, Tennesseans advanced their reputation as Volunteers when several hundred made an unsolicited journey to help the Davy Crockett and the Texans in their war for independence from Mexico. The Volunteer name was solidified during the Mexican-American War when a call for 2,800 soldiers brought out over 30,000 volunteers.

Tennesseans that contributed to early Texas:
George Childress - wrote the Texas Declaration of Independence
Ben and Henry McCulloch - Texas Rangers
Davy Crockett - if anyone doesn't know, they should be strung up
John Austin Wharton - Supplied arms to Texas and fought at San Jacinto
Sam Houston - same as for D. Crockett

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.