Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

next aggie first rounder?

37,483 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Just Tired
Just Tired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
top 4 and 5 out of first 6 picks from the big12.

who's your guess for the next aggie first rounder? (and who was the last?)

i actually would be willing to bet there is one on the roster right now. (off the top of my head jj, von, c-mike, fuller all have a shot.)
Beezy2389
AG
maybe von and maybe jj...

all depends on this year
C5Aggie03
AG
lol, yeah
C5Aggie03
AG
In all seriousness.... maybe C Mich.
Palooza11
AG
um jeff fuller. hello??
TexasAGitator
Christine Michael
AgPediRPh
AG
C Mike
Ragnar Danneskjold
It will absolutely be Jeff Fuller.
Ags9192
Fuller or C-Mike. Don't think anyone else has it in them. Von's probably a second rounder with a good senior season.
Just Tired
to answer my own question about the last...

2003: ty warren and sammy davis

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texasam/6966251.html
GreenAg95
quote:
jeff fuller. hello?

THIS.....

aggie50
Fuller
koadie
AG
Fuller.... JJ... Von...... the year after... C-mike..... and Cyrus......
fido98
Fuller...no question
Wide Stance
Kendrick Robertson- He is currently in the 8th grade.
taz997
GAMSO = top ten
FtBendTxAg
AG
Luke Joeckel.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I'm being dead serious by the way...
Aggie Jedi
AG
Fuller
Naked Hiker
AG
Reggie McNeal

http://nathaneharvey.com/
Jack Parkman
Renuel Green

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZJXRXrNgs
Theres a Spirit
AG
Really depends on this year's performance. I like Cyrus but he won't be 1st round, more like third or fourth. JJ and Fuller have the most to prove this year I think in order to show they are absolutely 1st rounders. We know they are and I think the scouts like their potential but strong numbers for both this year will make it that much easier to justify them in the first round. C Mike is the only one right now I can truly say will go 1st round, I can see him leaving after his Junior year as well.

"We have a foundation and one brick and people want to know what color the roof is" - Joe Kines
Stasco
AG
Fuller will have a stellar career, but it takes a lot for a WR to go in the first round. I'm just saying it's not a lock. He's probably most likely though. Von's a big dunno - who knows how well he could play as a real OLB?
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
If Golden Tate didn't go in the first round, i find it hard to believe Jeff Fuller will go first round. JJ is most likely a 2nd-3rd rounder unless he has a stellar season, Von could go late 1st, but he's also probably a 2nd rounder unless he puts on some weight.

Edit: Saw someone post about Cyrus and I lol'd. I think C-Mike could go first round if he continues to develop.

[This message has been edited by plc44 (edited 4/23/2010 1:09a).]
Jack Parkman
Mickey Jones

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZJXRXrNgs
FtBendTxAg
AG
To call anyone a no-brainer first rounder is ridiculous.

Fuller and C-Mike aren't anywhere close to being no-brainers.
Ulrich
I hate to pick a freshman, but Luke Joeckel might
JJ if he has a really good season and cleans up his motion
I don't like to pick WR or RB because good ones are a dime a dozen. Christine Michael, Cyrus, Fuller, and EZ are all really good players at their position, but not likely first rounders. Sometimes it seems like it takes the right team seeing something they really like more than actual production/measurables to get in the 1st round at WR/RB. Especially if that team is the Raiders.
Dunbar
AG
Fuller!

"I would never do that to you. I would wait until you're ready....and by ready, I mean when you're drunk"
Outrigger
You simply can't predict a first rounder at this point. A&M has been down for so long that it is difficult to see one of our players going that high.

However, we will have a number of players with that potential on the roster this fall, but many of them are going to be still young(see CMike here).

NEXT year, JJ and Von probably have the best chance to do it. The pro's are going to love JJ's arm and size if he has a great year for the Ags. I think Fuller is a much longer shot. There were, what, only two WR's that went in the first round this year? Those are some pretty long odds for a WR to make the first round unless he has a first team AA year.

(BTW, Fuller will only be a junior, and he would not likely come out unless he had a really great year).

[This message has been edited by Outrigger (edited 4/23/2010 6:39a).]
ironmanag
AG
JJ 6'5 245 cannon of an arm threw for 3500 yards and 30 Tds behind a makeshift OL. If he comes close to duplicating this numbers this year he is a lock. Think Josh Freeman.

Von 6'2 240 pass rush demon with little or no help around him most of his career if he can get 10+ sacks this season is a lock for the late first round.
Palooza11
AG
JJ can throw the deep ball, but will he be able to zip balls to receivers in short time windows at the next level? Not to knock on him, but his passes don't seem that hard thrown.

JJ is our man and he is our qb, but one thing I like about RT is that he can really zip that ball. RT has a hell of an arm
Face
AG
quote:
Username: Wide Stance

Senator Craig, is that you?

CDub06
AG
I expect Fuller to do big things
redsox34
AG
I doubt Fuller will go in the first round.
Dez Bryant imo is alot better than fuller and was the only WR to be picked in the 1st round? not sure on that though.
unadulteratedtruth
It is hard to go in the first round and going in the first 3 rounds is a big deal.

JJ is inconsistant in his decision making and accuracy.

Fuller would have to run below a 4.5 to have a chance and I don't think that will happen.

CMike lacks break away speed and elite size. Mathews is 220 and runs in the 4.3s. Spiller and Best are both 4.3 guys with elite shake. C Mike will not run under a 4.5.

Von Miller isn't first round material at DE against the run or at OLB against the pass. He is not a freak athlete like Orakpo. No chance at the first round.

All will be drafted and I think Fuller will be a fine pro.

Lots of delusion and cheerleading - very little objectivity. You can be honest without being critical.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.