Battle of Charlotte (Latta Plantation) reenactment - Revolutionary WAr

3,811 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by texas.aggie.2010
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?

VanZandt92
I'm in the red / wine colored waistcoat (vest). Great weekend.
ja86
AG
Looked like a lot of fun. Very cool pictures. What size was the artillery piece?
BQ78
AG
Nice shots. Like Civil War reenactors, ya'll are too old but at least no one appears to be "too thick" like a lot of the CW reenactors.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Nice.

Just seeing the pictures I smell campfire smoke, black power (both smell and taste) and wet linen and wool.
Campaigning is hard work. Sweltering hot or freezing ass cold.
Rabid Cougar
AG
quote:
Looked like a lot of fun. Very cool pictures. What size was the artillery piece?
4 pounder
VanZandt92
quote:
Nice.

Just seeing the pictures I smell campfire smoke, black power (both smell and taste) and wet linen and wool.

Yeah I slept with a bunch of crickets all over me Saturday and my feet still hurt. I have no idea how guys' feet didn't give out. They hurt so bad.

I just cleaned my Charleville. The smell sticks with you. I've tried to figure out ways to cool off better, but not much works except a shade tree.
Rabid Cougar
AG
quote:
quote:
Nice.

Yeah I slept with a bunch of crickets all over me Saturday and my feet still hurt. I have no idea how guys' feet didn't give out. They hurt so bad.

I just cleaned my Charleville. The smell sticks with you. I've tried to figure out ways to cool off better, but not much works except a shade tree.
Well consider those guys walked everywhere and often barefoot.. not like today.

Consider using hot coffee to clean your musket. it strips burnt powder like no tomorrow. Also no cleaning fluid smell.

There is nothing better than a good shade tree with a little breeze. Even in Afghanistan, I was always looking for a shady spot, lesson learned from campaigning in the summer time.
ja86
AG
quote:
quote:
4 pounder

Thank you. .. showing my lack of reading but what were typical sizes for artillery pieces during the revolutionary war? And how big would a battery be?
Rabid Cougar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
4 pounder

Thank you. .. showing my lack of reading but what were typical sizes for artillery pieces during the revolutionary war? And how big would a battery be?
British - 3 Pounders and 4 pounders up to 6 and 12 pounders and 5.5inch howitzers were assigned in pairs to infantry regiments. They were called gallopers or mobile guns. They would be located along the flanks of the advancing infantry units on the attack and on the defense .

They also used the "Grand Battery" concept.. A large formation of guns 12 to 24 pounders dedicated to subduing the enemies gun line thru counter battery fire and then smashing the enemy infantry formations. The guns were much heavier and not intended to follow the infantry assaults as they went in.

This was pretty much universal through out Europe and the American's followed suit.
VanZandt92
One more thing on this series of pictures :

FIND THE FARB.

He wasn't part of our unit.
Rabid Cougar
AG
quote:
One more thing on this series of pictures :

FIND THE FARB.

He wasn't part of our unit.
Wood trash.
VanZandt92
GoPro on the forehead. We told him to put that thing away. It is one thing to have machine stitching, but that sum ***** looked like he was part of our unit and wore a GoPro.
texas.aggie.2010
Van Zandt what's the best website to find Rev war reenactments by state?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.