Aggie Pilot Provides Tour of WWII Fighter Plane

1,938 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CanyonAg77
TexasA&MFoundation
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
Forty-five years and 6,500 flight hours after his first takeoff at age 18, Trent Latshaw '75 can't quite put into words what makes the experience so incredible or why he keeps going back to the sky, despite four crashes that would have convinced most men to keep their feet on the ground.

It might be the pull of seeing the world from this rare vantage point: the pilot's seat of a P-51 Mustang, the best World War II fighter plane in its class. This beauty carries the paint scheme of the original "Millie G" flown by Maj. Gen. Edward Giller, a U.S. Air Force pilot who named the plane after his wife Mildred. Its only modern updates are a communications radio and a GPS.

A petroleum engineering graduate who owns Oklahoma-based Latshaw Drilling and Exploration Co., he enjoys flying his "Millie G" to airshows and sharing it with veterans at commemorative events. As a supporter of Texas A&M's petroleum engineering department and Memorial Student Center, he also finds ways to share the plane with Aggieland, such as Kyle Field flyovers or with groups at Easterwood Airport.

Learn more about Trent Latshaw and get an up-close and personal look of the "Millie G."

Texas A&M Foundation
The Texas A&M Foundation is a nonprofit organization that receives major gifts and manages endowments for Texas A&M University. This year, the Foundation will provide $88.2 million for scholarships, faculty support, leadership programs and construction projects. Request your A&M Support Kit to learn how you can make a difference at Texas A&M through a gift to the Foundation.
byfLuger41
NormanAg
AG
Gotta luv the Greenbag he is wearing! Representin!
CanyonAg77
AG
I don't know whether to hate this guy in an insane jealous rage, or ask him to adopt me.

Seriously, congrats to him for a successful career and a Very Cool retirement hobby.
Belton Ag
AG
When I first read the OP, I thought that if I were to ever picture CanyonAg77, it would be this guy.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
When I first read the OP, I thought that if I were to ever picture CanyonAg77, it would be this guy.
Add 50 pounds to this guy and take away a few million dollars and we are practically twins
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Add 50 pounds to this guy and take away a few million dollars and we are practically twins
You're adding and subtracting in the wrong columns!
CanyonAg77
AG
Sadly, yes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.