July 20 1969

2,593 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dcAg
airplane driver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I watched it from the old Braniff terminal at Dallas Love. Do you know what I watched? Did you?
Lee72
AG
I watched it with my former girlfriend in their den...this was the first time we were allowed together on a "date" past midnight! Rather grainy picture but very interesting and exciting nonetheless!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
no
GigEmAgs14
AG
lolold
I Like Mike
AG
One small step for man...
VanZandt92
Relates to moonshot?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I watched on my parents' TV at a home long since raized inside loop 610 in Houston. I was 2 so the only memory I have comes from a few grainy B&W Polaroids taken by my dad of me in front of the TV with the image clearly that of the moon landing.
AgBQ-00
AG
My hope is that I live long enough to see a Mars landing
Wearer of the Ring
AG
My hope is that I live long enough to see Sheila Jackson Lee on Mars next to the flag she said the astronauts left there.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Is this April 1?
airplane driver
S
I'm glad Islam gave us so much help with our space program.
aggiejim70
AG
I watched it in Dorm 7. I was in summer school. Hard to believe there was only one TV in the dorm. It got moved out in the hall. As seniors, my roomie and I got to sit close to the TV.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Spyderman
AG
Bassfield
AG
I was at a doubleheader, A's vs., Angels at Anaheim stadium. The teams split, but I saw Reggie Jackson and Sal Bando. OK, not that important compared to to what was happening above my head in space but what I do remember and what was important to me, I was in civilization and I was watching a sport I loved after just returning from Hill 55, South Viet Nam the previous month. Funny what we remember.
Smithjg
Watched it on a terrible little tv at Garner State Park, with Shea Walker and his family...
NormanAg
AG
I watched it at Fairchild AFB, Spokane, WA. It was the first day of my ROTC Summer Camp between my Jr and Sr year in undergrad. The MFWIC gathered all the Cadets together in a base community center and we watched it on a black and white TV that couldn't have been larger than 26". It was mounted high on a wall, so at least we all had a good view, sort of. Ingrained in my memory until the day I die.
NormanAg
AG
quote:
I was at a doubleheader, A's vs., Angels at Anaheim stadium. The teams split, but I saw Reggie Jackson and Sal Bando. OK, not that important compared to to what was happening above my head in space but what I do remember and what was important to me, I was in civilization and I was watching a sport I loved after just returning from Hill 55, South Viet Nam the previous month. Funny what we remember.

BEST POST ON THIS THREAD!
Corporal Punishment
AG
Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!
DevilD77
AG
Watched it with my dad at home. I was 14 at the time and really wanted to become an astronaut.
Spyderman
AG
dcAg
I saw the launch (bright light in the distance until it disappeared in the sky) from my front yard in Cocoa, Florida as a very young lad. It was one of my if not my first memory.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.