Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Wilmington, NC IM race report

623 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wcb
pinkdog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did not do it myself but supported a friend. Beautiful place but the bike was cut in half because of hurricane Matthew causing flooded roads and such. Very disappointing for some people. Very windy but all in all a great event. After talking to some other people it seems it is more common than you think for an IM to be cut short for conditions. Only so much you can control.
wcb
AG
Given the winds yesterday 56 was all I wanted. The bike route went 40 miles north and west before finally turning south for the last 16. Winds started out of the W then shifted out of the NW according to my bike and run start on Garmin. To top it off I was riding a disc for the first time. Probably my biggest tactical mistake of the day.

Dream swim and dream run weather. Loved Wilmington. First time there and I woud go back in a heartbeat. Overall great venu. I'll post a full race report in a few days.
Ragoo
AG
Saw a guy at the Y yesterday with an IM NC tshirt. Aggie too. I wonder if he posts here.
wcb
AG
Race report for anyone interested. In my quest for an IM at every age between 40 and 50, IM42 is in the books.

http://slowpope.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.