Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Survey: What shoe do you run in and how many miles do they last?

2,238 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by zip04
agcivengineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im around 300 ish miles in Brooks Ghost and im wondering if some issues are related to my shoes wearing out. My wife and i debate this so im curious where everyone else ends up. Thanks!
wangus12
AG
I'm at around 100 miles on Nike Free Distance. Usually keep them till around 300. I know I need a different pair for better impact support for my heel, but I love the flexibility of the these shoes which helps since my stride changes a lot
91_Aggie
AG
I get about 300-500 miles out of my Asics kayanos... I always know I'm due for a new pair when I start getting pain in my shins.
wxguy95
AG
I love Brooks Pureflows (at least 1-4, the latest aren't good), but they would not last long at all. 150-200 miles and I would start to get foot pains.
AggieOO
road: Brooks Launch. I don't track miles, just go by feel. I'd guess 4-500.
trail: Brooks Cascadia. I'd guess 600ish
Big Cat `93
AG
I used to run in Saucony Kinvaras. I'd put 400-450 miles on them. I just switched to the New Balance Vazee Pace. After about 130 miles, they feel noticeably better than the Kinvaras did. I anticipate hitting 500 miles in them.
wcb
AG
Brooks Glycerin. 300 tops.
coop-aero-06
AG
Nike Free ~500 miles
The Pilot
AG
I probably run too long in my shoes, I'm around 500 in Saucony Kinvara.
Aggietaco
AG
Just started tracking mileage on shoes recently.

Retired a pair of Hoka Challengers at 290 due to blowout at the balls of my feet in both uppers
Semi-retired a pair of Altra Lone Peak 2.5's due to blowouts at the balls of my feet at 175 miles
Currently running in:
Brooks Glycerin 13 at 450 miles
Altra Lone Peak 3.0 at 70 miles
New Balance FF Zante at 40 miles
AgPediRPh
AG
Brooks Launch 3. I usually change them at 500, but the heel looks worn out at 350

Hoka Tracer. I currently have 200 miles on them; no idea how long they will last.
bam02
AG
85 miles on Hoka Clifton 2's. Even if they don't last long I will keep buying them. I absolutely love these shoes.
AG
Asics Kayanos with Spenco Total Support insoles ~300 miles
Frozen Concoction
I swap between Asics 33-FA & Nike run free distance. I get 400-450 miles out of both. Once I hit 400, I usually make a pair my "soft surface only" shoes until they're completely worn out.
whoop91
AG
I swap out Brooks Launch and K-Swiss Ironman shoes. I also recently bought a hoka (sp) shoe. I go by feel. I am a bigger runner so they break down sooner but I would think I put 300+ in them.
'03ag
Brooks

Adrenaline, Trance, Transcend, doesn't matter, I get 300 miles out of them.

Easy solution - buy a new pair, alternate with the old pair. See how they stack up. If it's the same then keep alternating until the old ones wear our.

I'm always rotating through at least two pairs and tracking the mileage.
Bert315
AG
Brooks Glycerins 300 miles. I know when I get some slight shin splints that it is time to change.
zip04
AG
I just switched to the Nike Lunartempo 2 and love them so far. I bought two pair and alternate them. I only have about 80 miles between the two pair right now so I don't know how long they will last.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.