Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Knee Issue

965 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hoosegow
thaed137
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a little advice on my right knee.

Background: About 2-3 years ago I was playing football and went to pivot when the other player stepped on my foot and I slammed my knee straight to the ground. For a month or so it was pretty sore and hurt to bend all the way. Eventually that went away and returned to normal.

Ever since then it might occasionally get sore compared to the other knee but for only a day or so. However, lately, it has stayed sore. I had been running more and figured impacts might have made it sore so I took a break and focused on power lifting. I know I probably need to lay off it completely for a few weeks to a month but just can't / want to actually do that at this point.

There is never pain in my knee and I really only feel it after impact exercises like running/hills/ etc where it might be a little more more sore/noticeable compared to squats/dead lifts not really causing any change. The soreness appears to be mainly on the backside of the knee but is hard to pinpoint. If I go to bend it as far as possible, it'll start to hurt, but I can easily go past parallel on squats with no issues.

Has anyone dealt with something like that? I've thought of knee brace but don't know if that would help much with the impact part of it.
Gordon Bombay
AG
Not to be a smart a** but you should see an ortho.
Hoosegow
Sounds like it is what is called getting old. There's not a day I don't wake up in pain. Knees, elbows, back, shoulder.

It's been 2 years. An ortho is going to be pissed for wasting their time. Either back off what hurts it for 6 weeks or suck it up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.